Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

Laptop GPS

<< < (2/5) > >>

JR:
Cool options. Used just my phone this last weekend and it was OK, but I like a bigger screen when driving.

Some of us don't have the in dash, but I do have 10in Samsung andriod based that would be nice to use. Doubt it has built in GPS though.

wilsonphil:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 11, 2019, 01:19:16 PM ---Well this is certainly interesting, and unexpected. I thought the laptop was the go to plan, but seems as though the smart phone is it. Well, as long as it operates in a GPS mode without the use of towers for remote locations, I guess, why not?? One thing I do like about that is the ability to just connect the thing to the onboard multi function dash mounted display and use that device's larger screen.

On thing, though. Last year Duane used the Delorme app with his device (Phone) which showed his location 24/7. I flight followed with him so that someone always had his location. I'd call him and tell him there was a ravine ahead of him or something like that because I could zoom in and look ahead and see actual overhead photos of where he was... Was nice.

--- End quote ---

I agree will all of the above that Nate, Wyo,  but the phone limits on the size of what can be seen, for most of my off network travels I have been using LeadNav app on an Ipad just much easier to see.   There are several good ones(apps), some free some you have to buy and then you will have to down load the maps for areas you think you will go when you are off network, if you go the ipad route buy a REALLY GOOD mount so it dose not fall off all the time.

Laptops are so 90's

JR:
Hey, I have 3 Acers that work great, wife bought an apple and a chromebook for the kids.

Bigdave_185:
I do believe there is aftermarket support for IPAD mounts for your suv.   Just mount that in place, larger screen, multiple other uses, has its own data plan, can grab and go for a hike, can sink with your current  iPhone,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on February 11, 2019, 02:39:17 PM ---I do believe there is aftermarket support for IPAD mounts for your suv.   Just mount that in place, larger screen, multiple other uses, has its own data plan, can grab and go for a hike, can sink with your current  iPhone,

--- End quote ---
Like this
Premium Seat Bolt Car Mount Vehicle Holder for Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 S4 A E S9 8 S7 Plus Note 9 8 Apple iPad Mini iPhone X 8 7 6 Plus / LG G7 V35 Q8 (5-8") Phones or Tablets w/ Vibration-Free Cradle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008L3JEQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_D-CyCb894DMVJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version