Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

Welcome guys

<< < (2/3) > >>

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on September 18, 2014, 10:58:09 PM ---That video was on a heli I was flying and you can see the feedback on the old systems.

I think the first one on the list above will do what you want, but you must supply your own camera. The one from Horizon will have the most support for parts and I have watched them in use.

These quads really fly themselves, you just point it or program it. (HLS has some issue with this stuff) The heli I was flying was a basically a miniature collective pitch heli, all it had was a heading hold gyro, I did the rest.

--- End quote ---

We could probably gyro stabilize the feed these days
And multiple rotors will make it a lot more stable...Why you think the Chinook is so good!

JR:
I think most of what you want could be done. I think the return to station will have to be a little more manual that that though.

I would have it in a small enclosure that would protect it and open for launch. You can get it to land near the truck, but not back into a cradle. You will have to change/charge the batteries after some use so hands on will be needed anyway. Plus since these use lithium batteries you want it where a fire could not affect you. if lithiums get a hole in them, are charged wrong or overcharged they "VENT" like a big match!!! (ask me how I know)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: JR on September 20, 2014, 03:24:41 PM ---I think most of what you want could be done. I think the return to station will have to be a little more manual that that though.

I would have it in a small enclosure that would protect it and open for launch. You can get it to land near the truck, but not back into a cradle. You will have to change/charge the batteries after some use so hands on will be needed anyway. Plus since these use lithium batteries you want it where a fire could not affect you. if lithiums get a hole in them, are charged wrong or overcharged they "VENT" like a big match!!! (ask me how I know)

--- End quote ---

Oh how I know...When we used them to power our NVG's I had one go off, and in the battery case on the back of MY HELMET

"You smell something?"

JR:
The sealed lithiums which we use for many things like lap tops and flashlights are in a steel casing. Very safe and durable. They tend to be lower output though but nominal voltage per cell is the same.

Lipos (lithium polymer) or in a metalic aluminum case, normally flat and put out great power to weight.

Both of the above cells will see a charged voltage of 4.2v, 3.7 under load and normally will have a shutoff voltage of around 3.2v. Normal charge was 1c. They don't like to be left fully charged or discharged to get better life from them, say 500 cycles.

This is what can happen when they "vent"; http://liposack.com/video.htm

Now the funny thing is my friend owns this company,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JR:
Here is something else I found today. A 15 gram camera that fits on anything for $40. It can take stills or video and records to a Micro SD.

So you get that cheapo rc plane, boat, car or Quad and strap this puppy and go.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLA800

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version