Hello Guest

Author Topic: Immorality within the church  (Read 816 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Immorality within the church
« on: September 13, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
The was some discussion about this over in another topic (Supporting the KY clerk) so I thought I'd post this here as it came up in our studies today.

This is Paul's letter to the Corinthian church about immorality and church discipline.

1 Corinthians 5New American Standard Bible (NASB)
Immorality Rebuked

5 It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. 2 You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst.

3 For I, on my part, though absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged him who has so committed this, as though I were present. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump of dough? 7 Clean out the old leaven so that you may be a new lump, just as you are in fact unleavened. For Christ our Passover also has been sacrificed. 8 Therefore let us celebrate the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:14:37 PM by Flyin6 »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Immorality within the church
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:09:41 PM »
Our pastor informed us today that a Southern Baptist church in North Carolina has voted to allow same sex marriages to be held in their church.

Things are going to become very confusing from here on out. We are there and if anyone is paying attention the current Schemitah ends this month. God is on a 7 year calendar and from what I have been reading, wants us to pay attention as well. The last two times this cycle ended 2001, and 2008 were years of severe recession.
This particular cycle ends a 70 year cycle of Jewish worship. Following this period which will end later this month is supposed to come a time of great tribulation.
I can only guess what mechanism will cause us woe this time, but I know in October, the Chinese Yen is set to partially replace the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency.

THat event in itself will cause a great shift of money out of the US and into China. It will make our borrowing of money more difficult and could usher the total collapse of the dollar.
Was all this engineered?
I think that, yes it has. You might point to the super rich banksters, or the Bilderberg group, or social engineers like Soros, but I think Satan himself is behind all this, and all the big players are simply tools for the great deceiver.

If you aren't putting away, getting in shape, reading scripture and praying to get your life right, then ask yourself if you truly believe. Stand in front of a mirror and ask the person there if he is a fool?

This think is literally at our doorstep. Please pay attention.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:15:04 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal