PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

Lights

(1/9) > >>

BobbyB:
I said I would do a review/post up some info on lights, and here you go. I have pics and info on the following lights.

L-R
1. Streamlight ProTac2L
2. SureFire Nitrolon
3. Intova
4. Inforce
5. Streamlight Polystinger
6. Petzl Tikka Headlamp

I should mention that, I will be giving information from the manufacturer, so as to give as accurate information as possible. As you can see, I have used/use a variety of lights, and for the most part prefer using LEDs. I tried to give you a sense of the brightness of the lights, but the camera doesn't really capture the differences very well. I took the pics from one wall in my bedroom to the other so approximately 10-13'.

What's also important to take into account is the amount of light that's "thrown" around the centerpoint. While it's nice to have a blinding light that throws light a long distance, you have to also consider the light that illuminates the scene, allowing you to notice objects in your immediate area. You can see the "halo" if you will in the pics. If I had more room I would put objects at different areas/distances so you could see how the "halo" is helpful is scene illumination.

I also keep a red filter on the headlamp and SureFire light, and they've been on there for years so I'm used to the diminished light output. You may not like it, but they aren't hard to swap out.

BobbyB:
StreamLight ProTac2L

Features Ten-Tap® Programming – Choose from three user selectable programs:
1.) high/strobe/low (factory default)
2.) high only
3.) low/high
C4® LED illumination output and run times:
HIGH - 260 lumens; 5,600 candela peak beam intensity; runs 3 hours
LOW - 13 lumens; 300 candela peak beam intensity;  runs 50 hours
STROBE – runs 6 hours
Includes two 3V CR123A lithium batteries and nylon holster
Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
Rubber push-button tail switch
Durable, anodized aluminum construction with impact-resistant tempered glass lens
IPX7 waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes; 2 meter impact resistance tested
Unbreakable pocket clip
Anti-roll head
4.77” (12.12 cm); 2.8 oz (79 grams)

BobbyB:
SureFire Nitrolon

Max Output -- White Light   65.0   lumens
Tactical Runtime**                     1.0   hours
Length                                     5.10   inches
Bezel Diameter                           1.25   inches
Weight w/Batteries                   4.1   ounces
Batteries                                   2   123A

BobbyB:
Intova

I wasn't able to find information on this light as I couldn't find the information on the website. I don't think it's made anymore but for sake of comparison, I included it.

BobbyB:
Inforce

Again, I couldn't find information on this light as it's an older light and the closest similar light I could find was more powerful. But this light spends most of its time in my Jeep's center console.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version