PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

Lights

<< < (9/9)

JR:
I got a Wally Tac light for Christmas from my boy I like. Think it has 600lm output on 2xAA which are always around. I seem to stay away from the AAA lights for all but headlights, just don't seem to last long (battery life)

I have several of the Ebay lights most based on the 18650 battery. I sure like the idea of usb charging too. Some of the single AA flashlights are good too. Some can run either a 1.5 or 3.7 lithium, but still prefer the 18650 format.

TexasRedNeck:
So the real test of any company comes when you need service.  Fenix is a chinese manufactured lighting and as such I didnt have a great deal of expetations about getting a response from a web site contact form.  I have the HL50, a 365 lumen headlamp that I use extensively around the ranch/hide.  It is a small light attached to a headband with a bracket into which the light snaps into.  it is metal and the elastic headband threads through it.  My daugher broke the bracket into which it snaps and rendered it useless.  Well unless I rednecked it with duct tape.

So I reached out to the Fenix contact form and WOW! got a response in 24 hours with a quote for a replacement part.  I send them an email with my shipping information and I hope to have the $10 replacement part in the next week.

Just amazing for a low cost lighting company

JR:
That is good service.

As for headlights, the 2 pack at costco go's on sale for $20 all the time. One of the best ones I have found so far. Yep, AAA batteries but I use rechargeable and always have set charging.

TexasRedNeck:
I received a coupon code from Fenix.
twentybacknow

$20 off 100 or more on their web store.

Bigdave_185:
Those are nice lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version