Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328632 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #450 on: May 18, 2016, 10:12:14 AM »
Sam, I'm sure you thought of this already but don't you have a wrecking yard somewhere close? that would be the easiest....just remember to solder.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 18, 2016, 12:37:41 PM »
I wish I had a wrecker yard even a couple hundred miles away.
But now that you mention it I may go for a drive to 'Walmart' aka the dump.
Never know might be something there. Thanks for the idea Ken.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 18, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »
little late in the season for a replant isn't it..........?  or did it get flooded out?
No were good. But it was a job for the whole family. Spread manure with the 50 disk with the 70 and plant with the 60.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 20, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
Had the great idea to do some backflips in the pool with my daughter. She's fine.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 20, 2016, 03:23:11 PM »
good one!

did you go and get it set back into place?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:35:06 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 20, 2016, 03:26:47 PM »
My pools just 6ft and I might try it there or did the side get you?

ouch!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
Well yesterday i did a little straightining in the garage, got the radio set up, and changed glow plug #2.

And today is finish grinding the beef and do up all the pork, since i now have a working mixer/grinder.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:36:23 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 20, 2016, 04:15:14 PM »
Sophie was on the shallow side, I was in 5.5ft area and just drifted too close to the slope. I felt the cartilage pop, but it doesn't seem to be out of place now that the swelling has gone down. that was Tuesday afternoon.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 20, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
Garage is looking clean there buddy. How'd you know the plug was bad, did it throw a code?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 20, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
I'm glad to see that Nate has the Dewalt chop saw.......that must be the RMTW endorsed favorite; Don has one, I have one, Nate has one........also good to see the next WDYDT project for Nate is installation of a ceiling fan followed by smoking some meat I'm betting! :o
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »
DeWalt 12" slider is the way to go!! I really like Makita for my drills, but for saws its DeWalt! :)

Mine doesn't sit on the floor though... :poke
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2016, 05:46:53 PM »
I also have that saw & the contractor table saw & the drills etc. I'm very fond of dewalt tools
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 20, 2016, 05:49:35 PM »
well that saw and the stand was a tax present from myself.

here is the whole setup when I got it, and a month after that I got a full refund on the stand because they were running a special on if you bought the saw then you would get the stand for free, luckily it was within the 30 day window.....;D

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 20, 2016, 05:57:28 PM »
DeWalt 12" slider is the way to go!! I really like Makita for my drills, but for saws its DeWalt! :)

Mine doesn't sit on the floor though... :poke
I have a Dewalt 12" slider/miter saw...It's great!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 20, 2016, 06:50:14 PM »
so those pics that I post a while ago showing the stuff that I built in Iraq in 05.............

my unit got me the 12" double bevel sliding compound miter saw with the stand and a bunch of other commercial grade dewalt tools.

from that personal experience is what has sold me on dewalt tools

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: May 20, 2016, 08:25:59 PM »
Well I got my dock installed at the cabin.
It didn't fair too well in the thaw this year. I'm guessing the three weeks of wind pulled the ice around and spun the dock 90 degrees or better. It left it in a trapped mess of a fashion.

So we got it loose, cutting two of the 3" pipes that were anchoring it. The third we didn't know what state it was in, so a few good shots on the throttle and we got the dock moving. Out into a few more feet of water and the boys finally unlocked the mess sitting on the dock.
It's all installed here as well. Cabin officially open for the summer!

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 20, 2016, 09:27:18 PM »
^^^Nice bend!

OldKooT

« Reply #467 on: May 20, 2016, 09:59:16 PM »
I am a outcast..i don't own a Dewalt miter saw.  :-[  i do have a Dewalt 20V cordless drill which is ok but not half the drill my old Ridged cordless is. But I do like it for the easy stuff. Mostly because it's 5lb lighter LoL

Today I and the twins managed to toss the Crew Cab' body into the barn/shed...then it rained. Then Mom called and declared since it was not raining at her home, we should come help her landscape. We got home at 8pm... so much for Friday being productive on the truck.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 20, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »

Pulled apart a set of stock GM head lights, installed my projectors.  Sorry no wheel pictures yet been busy with chemistry 1110 most of the daylight

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 20, 2016, 11:33:47 PM »
I am a outcast..i don't own a Dewalt miter saw.  :-[  i do have a Dewalt 20V cordless drill which is ok but not half the drill my old Ridged cordless is. But I do like it for the easy stuff. Mostly because it's 5lb lighter LoL

Today I and the twins managed to toss the Crew Cab' body into the barn/shed...then it rained. Then Mom called and declared since it was not raining at her home, we should come help her landscape. We got home at 8pm... so much for Friday being productive on the truck.

I bought my miter saw used last fall at an estate sale with the stand, worth every penny. For the record if I need a real drill I have two rigid corded units & the one is a real wrist breaker.......

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:26 PM »
Returned home after taking 160+ Graduating Seniors to Six Flags from 8:30pm to 3:00am - did you know they now build WOODEN Rollercoasters that go UPSIDEDOWN?  Well, neither did I until I was riding it in the dark and sensed "Oh sh&+" it's Rollin over and inverting!

Got to sleep from 4:30am - 10:00am and started watering new saplings about the casa with a cup of Joe!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2016, 03:52:15 PM »
Went white water rafting and paintballing this weekend with the Veterans' charity I support. The group rafting went fine, the individual one, I got tossed out of mine.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2016, 05:39:20 PM »
Church, then another church, then taught a self defense course, then got stuck in traffic, now finally home. Wanting to work on Square D a bit, but I'm pooped!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2016, 07:00:33 PM »
I had all kinds of plans but the Nebraska wind put that to a stop. It was my birthday Friday and a buddy of mine was suppose to stop over and have a couple beers. He called this morning  and said he wrecked is car last night.  I had to take the roll back and go get it. He was at a mutual friends house. He has a half mile long driveway. Driving too fast lost control and a tree jumped out in front of him. He was on private property and only has liability insurance so no law was called. He's hurting and refusing to go to the DR. Car is totaled. Air bags deployed.

(I thought my speeling was bad!)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 08:46:30 PM by JR »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »

Still talking him into going to the Dr. I suspect he has some broken ribs. Stubborn ass.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2016, 07:44:14 PM »
Ouch

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »
Programmed the timer I installed yesterday. Found a bridge out of place. Water was a lot higher than it ever had been.

Put it back in place.  All that treated wood is heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 23, 2016, 08:53:36 AM »
Went white water rafting and paintballing this weekend with the Veterans' charity I support. The group rafting went fine, the individual one, I got tossed out of mine.

Bobby, what river did you run? 

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 23, 2016, 10:22:39 AM »

Menominee and Peshtigo. Up around by Middle Inlet and Niagara.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 23, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »

Menominee and Peshtigo. Up around by Middle Inlet and Niagara.

Cool.  Both have some spots with good rapids.  For my bachelor party we did paintball and rafted the Menominee.  Did you guys do Piers Gorge on the Menominee?  That is the stretch we ran.  It was a heck of a lot of fun.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 23, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
if you both were by and or in menomonie you guys were roughly 20 miles from where I grew up.  my recruiter was stationed there and that is where I met my first wife when she was going to college there at UW Stout.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 23, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »
if you both were by and or in menomonie you guys were roughly 20 miles from where I grew up.  my recruiter was stationed there and that is where I met my first wife when she was going to college there at UW Stout.

Menominee, MI on the WI/ UP MI border.  A few hours north of Menominee, WI.  The Peshtigo and Menominee both empty into Lake Michigan and offer some of the best white water in the Midwest.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 23, 2016, 03:59:22 PM »
Cool.  Both have some spots with good rapids.  For my bachelor party we did paintball and rafted the Menominee.  Did you guys do Piers Gorge on the Menominee?  That is the stretch we ran.  It was a heck of a lot of fun.

We started up by Niagara and then went down river. So maybe?? It was through the Wildman Adventure Resort.

Menominee, MI on the WI/ UP MI border.  A few hours north of Menominee, WI.  The Peshtigo and Menominee both empty into Lake Michigan and offer some of the best white water in the Midwest.

I enjoyed the rivers.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 23, 2016, 10:33:21 PM »
went to jury duty today.  Tried hard not to get angry.

Got up and left the house in time to be there early, knowing parking and getting through security can be a pain. 

Security was tighter than the airport.  Shoes off, belt off, wallet out, etc.  I asked the cops, "who's the criminal here"  Zero amusement factor for them.

I get in and get seated with 20 minutes to spare.  8am comes and goes and its not until 8:30 that they start to give instructions.  Why put 8am on the summons if you are going to do calls all the way to 8:30.  8:05 the doors should close and you should have to recheduled and come back on another day if your happy arse can't be on time instead of penalizing those of us who got up and planned to be there as requested.

Its 9:40 before we get across the street to the courthouse with our new identification (I'm #25, no name, just a number)  I go back to the 337th district criminal court.....for the second time in 2 years.  We wait standing in the halls (no chairs) until 11:30.  Get in and vote to go through Voir Dire without stopping for lunch to get this over with.  Good thing I planned ahead and had a granola bar and a bottle of water with me.

I sit there with basic english and common sense being taught so that people can understand the distinction between possession and ownership and custody and escape.  Then have to listen to ignorant liberals raise their hand to get out of duty by saying they can't in good conscience sit in judgement of another human.  And that they hate cops.  And that they think 2 years in prison is too harsh for possession of cocaine between 1 and 4 grams.

Based on the questioning its clear that the defendant has 2 prior convictions and this time he's looking at 20-life in Texas for the 3rd strike, which probably explains why he attempted escape from custody.

Ultimately I was not selected, but couldn't help but notice that of the 16 chosen, all but 3 were women and only 4 were white, both statistics that were no where near reflective of the pool of jurors.  My guess is he gets convicted and gets the minimum instead of life.

Parking garage there was having trouble with the gates and it took 30 minutes to get out of the garage.  I finally had lunch at 3pm and was satisfied that I at least attempted to do my civic duty.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 23, 2016, 11:15:22 PM »
Better man than I, I've played the game every time I was ever selected and was able to legally bow out w/o ever having to go. Granted I was sole bread winner at time so I never had to lie. With that said hope I don't get selected any time soon......

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 24, 2016, 12:04:30 AM »
Don't feel bad. They call you here and you go through the same. BUT, most of the time they hold you past noon and send you to another city where they run short of jurors. We are a small county but have court houses in 2 cities just 10 miles apart.

I have not had the pleasure since I retired and probably just jinxed myself.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 24, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »
I've had an interesting morning already. 

Was into work for about 30 minutes this morning when I get a call from the wife.  That is not normal.  She will send me a text but normally doesn't call in the morning unless it is something big.  She tells me she thinks somebody just tried to rob us.  At 6:45 somebody pulled up in a beat up mini van.  That is kind of early for visitors.  Young man gets out.  He doesn't look like the most honest of characters.  Starts knocking on the door.  My wife goes into the office where she can see out the window without really being seen.  The dog is barking and making all kinds of noise.  After knocking for a while with the dog directly on the other side of the door looking at him through the full oval window in it he turns the knob and opens the door enough for the dog to stick her head out.  At this point my wife has grabbed a shot gun out of the gun safe I also keep in the office.  It's 12 ga pump.  I guess she racked one in while rounding the corner.  We have a vey open layout so my wife was about 30 ft away while he was staring down the barrel of the shotgun when my wife told him to close the door and get off the property.  He didn't move so she repeated herself.  He made some story up about looking for firewood.  She told him again to close the door and get off the property now.  At his point he quickly closed the door and left.

My wife then called dispatch and told them what happened.  She then called me.  I told her I would head home and make sure everything was alright.  It is about a 10 minute drive for me to get home from work.  When I crested the hill and the house came in sight I could see 2 sheriff's vehicles on the road and one pulled into the drive.  As I got closer I could see what appeared to be the mini-van my wife described also in the drive.

After calling me my wife saw that he had dropped his cell phone in the driveway.  She called the sheriff back and told them.  As she was on with dispatch she saw the minivan coming back down the road and pull in the drive.  Before he was politely knocking on the door, this time he was banging on it hard she said.  That is when all the deputies showed up.

It sounds like they will be charging him with trespassing with attempt for unlawful entry or something like that.  It sounds like somebody else in the area had also called and reported him that morning.  The officer said he could tell he was a drug user and could see where he was shooting up recently in his arm.

I'm guessing my wife is going to want to go gun shopping tonight.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 24, 2016, 10:54:45 AM »
Glad that worked out. Hard to prove but burglary here is simply "entering" with the intent to steal. Sound like he never entered (good).

Looking for firewood at 630 with a minivan, right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Buy her something nice, like her own shotgun!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 24, 2016, 11:08:43 AM »
Wow, thank goodness she had a gun or who knows how that would've ended. Glad everything worked out well.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 24, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
Glad that worked out. Hard to prove but burglary here is simply "entering" with the intent to steal. Sound like he never entered (good).

Probably be a pistol.  She has been wanting her own for a while.  All of mine are double stack and she has smaller hands so I don't think they fit her very well.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »
Wow, thank goodness she had a gun or who knows how that would've ended. Glad everything worked out well.

The scary part to me is that he came back.  As has been stated on here many times most criminals are cowards.  But after already having a gun pointed in his face he still had the nerve to come back to the house in search of his phone.  What else would he be willing to do to get it back.  And of course to top it all off my wife is 7 months pregnant. 

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 24, 2016, 11:21:20 AM »

The scary part to me is that he came back.  As has been stated on here many times most criminals are cowards.  But after already having a gun pointed in his face he still had the nerve to come back to the house in search of his phone.  What else would he be willing to do to get it back.  And of course to top it all off my wife is 7 months pregnant.

I'd say Glock or M&P. Not due to some fanboy obsession, but as an observation as to parts availability in the sporting goods stores in this area. Parts and accessories are easier to find up in this area for both.

You having a boy or girl or keeping it as a surprise on the day?

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 24, 2016, 11:46:15 AM »
I'd say Glock or M&P. Not due to some fanboy obsession, but as an observation as to parts availability in the sporting goods stores in this area. Parts and accessories are easier to find up in this area for both.

You having a boy or girl or keeping it as a surprise on the day?

I'm thinking G43 but we will see what she likes.  I know the Glocks have always felt better in my hand.

She wanted to keep it a surprise so we will be finding out on the day.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 24, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »
My wife loves her G43 just saying, glad it all worked out well. Sounds like you have her properly trained too.

Probably be a pistol.  She has been wanting her own for a while.  All of mine are double stack and she has smaller hands so I don't think they fit her very well.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 24, 2016, 01:18:39 PM »
Wow, what a start to the day.
Glad she knew what to do!

Makes my day seem pretty boring now.
Finally have all of my lighting needs ordered.
Spent an hour doing some fire training with the guys.
Running stairs on air until out of air. Tough hot hour, but good for all.
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:36 PM »
As others have said glad it turned out the way it did. And yes, scary that he came back. Scary too that even with a dog barking he tried to come in. Most scumbags will leave a property with a dog and go to "easier" pickings. But I guess drug users have no sense....I know....its redundant right?!  ::) Glad for your wife and for you. Stuff like that makes me nervous when I'm away. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 24, 2016, 04:44:59 PM »
Glad she's OK.  Not sure of the laws there, but in Texas, she'd have been within her rights to discontinue his consumption of oxygen, which would prevent him from either coming back for retribution or visiting someone else after he gets his little slap on the wrist.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 24, 2016, 04:57:27 PM »
Started up sprinkler system and continued my education into such matters, I miss the lack of a sprinkler system on a farm. Contacted irrigation company to come give me a quote on some updates to coincide with the addition of some trees  we added last fall and a deck that I am currently going to start here soon.  The additions are beyond what I want my education to include, probably could figure it out but my wife's to do list is already extensive and I'm getting busy moving forward with steel business.

Took wife to get plates for her new to her Lexus we purchased a month or so ago. Then came back to house and met truck freight delivery guy to accept new gen set. Will do a write up on that when I get it going. I also scheduled the wife's finger printing session to apply for her ccp, she had a lifetime in In. but needs to get her Colorado permit yet.

Went out to lunch (subway) with wife unit and picked up items at Costco. Came home, youngest called and need her school year book. Threw it inside my jacket and took WR450 for a ride by the elementary school and then to fill it's inadequate tank up again. That bike is a whole lot of fun and took the long way home, need to add a couple more items and update that build thread.

Tonight my oldest becomes an official high schooler, I'm getting old! She has some transition program into high school.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:14:22 PM by stlaser »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 24, 2016, 06:25:27 PM »
We let it be a surprise for the first also, found out for the next 2.

Single stack 40, look at the SW MP.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 25, 2016, 02:21:07 AM »
Single stack 40, look at the SW MP.

Those are so nice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal