Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327116 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #600 on: June 06, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »
Started a new project. Building an aluminum bed for the Ranger. I also learned that using a tig takes more patience than I was born with.

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 07, 2016, 11:16:25 AM »
What was wrong with the original box?

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 07, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »
The ranger was too long for my toyhauler by 6-8 inches. Options were either extend the trailer (not easy but very doable), or buy a shorter toy (not after all the work I put into this one). Right now I take the bed off and strap it in the vertical position for hauling....not hard, but getting tired of it already. ...Plus, aluminum is cooler than plastic!

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=993.msg19154#msg19154
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:56:06 PM by KensAuto »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 07, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »
I see now

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 08, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
Toured Bourbon Country and had a ball!  Thought of you knuckle heads a few times - specifically Tex once!

Not drunk, just need rotational assistance!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:45:55 PM by KensAuto »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 08, 2016, 09:47:03 PM »
Cheers Mike! you visit Mr Old and Crusty in the Tuck yet?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 08, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
On my - list if the poison ivy doesn't get him first!   ;)

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 09, 2016, 01:09:56 AM »
i hope that you choke on the makers..........
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:04 AM »
;D!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 09, 2016, 07:49:16 AM »
Loading corn out of a bin on an abandond farm place. I was kind of spacing out in my own little world. All of a sudden I'm surrounded by shadows. Scared the crap out of me for a second. There were 8 buzzards flying around me. That place give me the creaps anyway. I went and sat in the truck. Last summer my teenage son came face to face with one in the old house. Went exploring upstairs turned the corner and there it was. 3 ft tall 6 ft wing span.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 09, 2016, 10:57:33 AM »
Toured Bourbon Country and had a ball!  Thought of you knuckle heads a few times - specifically Tex once!

Not drunk, just need rotational assistance!
Mike, be sure to bring that glass to the hide tomorrow.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 09, 2016, 04:21:05 PM »
Went to work, got my CPR and AED re-cert done. Now I'm home.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »
Got an upper for $320 shipped. Armsunlimited.com No dust cover or assist but M16 BCG
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 09, 2016, 10:41:21 PM »
Dear Nate-

Didn't choke on the Makers - too smooth!  Wild Turkey- different story, choked on that today and thought of you  ;D  Toured Buffalo Trace, Woodford, Wild Turkey & 4 Roses and came to the conclusion that I don't enjoy much Rye in my Bourbon!  Foot tour of the Perryville Battlefield (CW) for 2.5 hours and really got a sense of high ground advantage in Civil War as well as any other battle - brutal reality of Civil War combat sinks in walking the ground!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #614 on: June 10, 2016, 01:05:45 AM »
Removed
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:05:14 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 10, 2016, 01:21:19 AM »
Dear Nate-

Didn't choke on the Makers - too smooth!  Wild Turkey- different story, choked on that today and thought of you  ;D  Toured Buffalo Trace, Woodford, Wild Turkey & 4 Roses and came to the conclusion that I don't enjoy much Rye in my Bourbon!  Foot tour of the Perryville Battlefield (CW) for 2.5 hours and really got a sense of high ground advantage in Civil War as well as any other battle - brutal reality of Civil War combat sinks in walking the ground!

;D!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 10, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »
Put +2 Pierce on all my glock mags.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 10, 2016, 03:07:24 AM »
All I've been doing lately is work work more work and a little bit more when that was done. Yeesh. I do some consulting for attorneys on financial stuff....so I worked Monday night until about 4 am...bed until 630 then all day Tuesday working at a client doing back to back to back meetings from 9 to 5 (no lunch....not that I need them  ::))...drive home...fall asleep...wake up about 8 pm....work another 8 hours...sleep for a good 4 hours...work all day...then work until 4 am yesterday am...get an hour aleep, drive 2 hours through traffic from hell...meetings from 9 to 5 again back to back....drive home in worse traffic....grab a quick bite and work until now (it's 3am). But got the docs sent off to the lawyer to be filed with the judge at 830 am. So now I get to sleep. No fun. But gotta grab the green while I can. Lord knows it's hard enough to come by.   :o

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 10, 2016, 08:36:24 AM »
Took a day off of work to get my pond Aerator done. Now I need a day off to recover from my day off!
125' trench  from barn. Going to mount pump in barn, then air lines to wife's garden outhouse with flow valves inside, then to pond.

Pump inside.

Lines into trench.

Outhouse Control Room!

Valves.

Covered Trench and ran over with backhoe!
Bubbles!

3 heads, 1 in small end and 2 in big side all self weighted air line in the water, 1/2" 125 psi plastic from barn to waters edge.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 10, 2016, 10:19:56 AM »
That looks like an amazing summer

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 10, 2016, 01:32:16 PM »
So far today I fixed the leaky toilet in the camper and started packing bearings. The dealer packed them last year. 3,000 miles on them. I'm surprised I made it home they are dry. I'm not  letting them to pack my bearings anymore.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 10, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
All I've been doing lately is work work more work and a little bit more when that was done. Yeesh. I do some consulting for attorneys on financial stuff....so I worked Monday night until about 4 am...bed until 630 then all day Tuesday working at a client doing back to back to back meetings from 9 to 5 (no lunch....not that I need them  ::))...drive home...fall asleep...wake up about 8 pm....work another 8 hours...sleep for a good 4 hours...work all day...then work until 4 am yesterday am...get an hour aleep, drive 2 hours through traffic from hell...meetings from 9 to 5 again back to back....drive home in worse traffic....grab a quick bite and work until now (it's 3am). But got the docs sent off to the lawyer to be filed with the judge at 830 am. So now I get to sleep. No fun. But gotta grab the green while I can. Lord knows it's hard enough to come by.   :o

Wilbur, Sounds like a killer schedule right now but your right... grab the cash! Never know when the next crash is hitting. I always thought about going to the dark side and consulting to attorneys for litigation in trucking accidents. I have been deposed so many times as the Info Sys expert and they didn't have a clue what questions to ask or what data was available. I might have to "retire" like you.  :o
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 10, 2016, 04:46:17 PM »
Took a day off of work to get my pond Aerator done. Now I need a day off to recover from my day off!
125' trench  from barn. Going to mount pump in barn, then air lines to wife's garden outhouse with flow valves inside, then to pond.

Pump inside.

Lines into trench.

Outhouse Control Room!

Valves.

Bubbles!

3 heads, 1 in small end and 2 in big side all self weighted air line in the water, 1/2" 125 psi plastic from barn to waters edge.

So... what is the purpose of all this? The valves, bubbles, etc... aerating the water for fish?
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 10, 2016, 05:33:13 PM »
Beautiful place right there^^^^^^^^!!!!!

...hang in there Wil, it can only get worse! lol

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 10, 2016, 10:11:41 PM »
Mike, great sign.  Thanks for thinking of me!

kampfit, what made you decide on compressed air versus the motor and blades on the surface for aeration?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 10, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »
Cooked Quail at Don's hillbilly haven!

Slight delay- don't leave grill brush on grill when heating up grill!

Ate it all up! Don did helo shrimps....hey NATE - single barrel Makers w/ giant makers ice ball!  Don spilled last bit into bed of CMax.... Alcohol abuse!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 10, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »
Have you tied the rope on yet?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 10, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
No rope, did drive Sarge..... Bucket lifts full range and Don gave on the job training!  Wacked a full beer at 200 meters with the AR first shot .... Don took it for a spin and let us play with the M1A!  Wicked weapon that looks as nice as it shoots!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:13 PM »
And I am stuck 2500 miles away. At least the Warriors are winning. Not a huge BB fan, but they are the home team.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 11, 2016, 01:12:05 AM »
Tell don that he has to do pushups for that kind of abuse

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: June 11, 2016, 08:26:38 AM »
threw together a set of cornhole boards for my GF. Pinterest gets her every time. she's from
NY, I'm not NC..

stained with state outlines painted on..

back side, right has one coat of poly, left: none. for experimental purposes

done.

now I'm here.. playing beersbie and grilling out. and tossing some bags around..

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 11, 2016, 09:43:04 AM »
Everything I have read says bottom Aeration works best for the fish and reduces the muck, also stops the water from getting as much algae. Go to The Pond Guy lots of good info. The valves are flow controls, the pump is dual output up to 4 heads. If one head is in shallower water it would flow more air than the deeper one so you adj that one to balance out so both heads flow the same. I'm using 3 heads so my longest run is on one output from the pump to waters edge then spliced to self weighted line to air head. The other 2 are shorter runs 85' and 75' compared to 150' for long run.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 11, 2016, 05:35:46 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a Liberty 24 gun safe. HH6 says I need a safe at the cabin for the resident arms, I tend to agree. So I'll be relocating a 12 gun to the cabin once the new one is home.

Have been enjoying our first beautiful day at the cabin as well. Mowed the lawn and provided the turf with some rotational landscaping while I was at it. Got to flatten the yard out somehow...
Presently sitting in boat trying to catch a few walleye, but likely will just enjoy the beer, as I'm likely a couple weeks early for them to be here yet.

My lighting orders are starting to show up, so will be affixing the rear bumper lights in the next few days.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 11, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »
Went to my company's 60 year open house with the family.   
A large scale model of one of my planes we out stuff into
My boy happy to be sitting in a humvee Phoenix system
Some range testing stuff with what I actually do

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 11, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »
Spent a glorious day at Don's hide, sounding the well depth and soaking in the wealth of knowledge and experience from Don was amazing.  Different life experience yet similar views, attitudes and outlook. 

Now back down in Shelbyville camping before heading to Jack Daniels and Shiloh Battlefield.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 11, 2016, 09:05:55 PM »
Sounds like you had a great weekend at the Hide. Something tells me BD is a good host.

Travis AFB is about 10 miles from here. Scouts got a real tour from a Colonel a couple weeks back, funny how unindoctrinated kids love all the military stuff.

Nice trade up on the safe.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 11, 2016, 11:03:42 PM »
Long day. Started at 04:30. Watching deer at the feeder on the security cam while drinking coffee. On the road 06:30 from the hide to lufkin. Tractor supply to get stuff for the garden and then to find a cable for the riding lawnmower in Nacogdoches and then to Walmart to get meat and spices to put on the new smoker and spices for canning some jalapeños and bread and butter pickles. Mowed the area around here while smoking some ribs after getting the new smoker put together. Now enjoying the fruits of my labor and some old No 7 and Coke Zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 11, 2016, 11:07:02 PM »
Volunteered at a charity event, then did some laundry.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 11, 2016, 11:53:59 PM »
volunteering makes for a great day.  Nothing like the feeling of finishing a day and knowing you helped others.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 12, 2016, 12:08:48 AM »
volunteering makes for a great day.  Nothing like the feeling of finishing a day and knowing you helped others.

It was at a motorcycle demo event, so I got to ride the 2017's as well.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:20 AM »
 Well that doesn't suck!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 12, 2016, 08:17:32 AM »

Pump inside.

Lines into trench.

Outhouse Control Room!

Valves.

Bubbles!

That is outstanding, really outstanding

Good work, and well worth a day of lost "work"
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #642 on: June 12, 2016, 05:02:40 PM »
Up at 04:00. Butt on the smoker 05:00. Made vinegar sauce. Bible study. Picked veggies from the garden. Made pickled jalapeños and bread and butter pickles in the new canner. Ate pulled pork. Now have a mess of a kitchen to clean.

Pickled jalapeños

Bread and butter pickles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:21:34 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
Slept in until 1000. Haven't done that in a long time. Past that I did as little as possible.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 12, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
I have had jalpino pickles  but never the other way

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2016, 09:16:10 PM »
Drove to Savannah, TN dragging trailer behind, stopped at Lynchburg,TN to visit Jack and eat BBQ. Now grillin poke chops all sauced up with sauce from Barrelhouse BBQ and having nerve serum...Makers n Coke!

Here's where all Jacks water comes from-

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 12, 2016, 09:22:49 PM »
Dinner plated!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 12, 2016, 09:48:09 PM »
OH, MY - was this GOOD!  JD Charcoal with two barrel stave chunks for fire/smoke - 5min. a side - on second turn - over cold zone and apply sauce - 3-5 mins. more and flip last as sauce bare side and finish.  Smokey Joe grill, and this sauce-

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Worked on some lights

I pulled the one I test fit apart, added some tape, added some byutal (spelling) and then resealed.  I should be able to instal tonight pending on mommas attitude and how the twins are acting

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 16, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »
Competed the Bullets & Bourbon Tour last night around 6pm - 2500 miles - visiting Distilleries and Civil War Battlefields and shooting bullets with Don too.  Buddy Ray and I already planned a repeat tour for three years from now, in celebration of 50 years of friendship and my retirement - you can have special bottles etched at some of the places!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal