FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Making money with vegetables

<< < (2/2)

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: Wilbur on February 24, 2017, 02:35:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on February 24, 2017, 02:13:08 PM ---I know people in Kintucky who make a good bit of $$$ from corn... ;-)

Sorry in advance for messing up your otherwise, serious discussion...

--- End quote ---

HAHAHA!  :likebutton:  :beercheers:

No worries! And that stores well!  :wink:

--- End quote ---

Stores well in both forms! :cool:

:beercheers:

stewie:
our goal is to eventually sell our excess, but that wont be for a while. I too am always seeing something as a source of income. My wife says i am high strung, i say i am a "doer". we kinda meet in the middle with how i really am.

there are farmers markets all over the i35 corridor to my west where you can sell overpriced tomatoes and soap to yuppies and hippies. As far as people coming to my farm - most of our family cant stomach the 35 min drive out of civilization so we need to go to the masses.

ill check out these videos because i am also wanting new lines of income and love to innovate and bring a good customer experience (i want repeat business!)

Wilbur:
I thought his approach to limiting himself to those items he could get multiple crops per year from (leafy greens) or that produce all season long (cherry tomatoes) made sense. I also thought his idea of looking at what is for sale at the beginning of the farmers market and then what is still there at the end of the day to tell you what has demand in that area was pretty smart. He mentions that he cut down on his offerings to about 10 from 20 or more because that's what made him the majority of his money (the 80-20 rule). I think he's approached it from a pretty sound (business wise) perspective. I hope you get some good ideas!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version