FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

EGGS finally...

(1/6) > >>

Higher Caliber:
Raised our girls up from chicks. Got them in the spring and they should have started producing weeks ago! We would occasionally find one or two. Then all of the sudden on one of the coldest nights of the year so far we got 19 eggs overnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EL TATE:
that's awesome Blaine. My sister and her kids have 6 and those eggs are better than anything I've tasted. i'll never go back.

Wilbur:
Nice! How many hens? What breed? They are usually all over the place when they first start laying then they settle down. You using a light to keep them regular? (Laying that is! Ha)

Flyin6:
Chicken math????

So, how many chickens...

At what age...

Makes 19 eggs in a night?

Higher Caliber:
13 chickens 7 1/2 months old!

Here’s some pics of the bedroom. We also have one rooster we call Napoleon because a)he’s an a-hole and b) he’s a little guy. There’s six mentally handicapped guineas in the flock too.
Idk what kind they are. They are the ones you get roped in to buying at the feed store! So far with the coop construction and feed we have in them, I’d say those 19 eggs cost us around $1000.00! We should see a return on our investment around the apocalypse or 2025, whichever comes first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version