Raised veggie garden.

<< < (8/8)

TexasRedNeck:
"Midget Mutt"

cudakidd53:
Romba - like the robot floor sweeper

wyorunner:
HC,

As TRN said there is no real need for deep boxes. Even tubers can grow in 6-10” of soil. Looks like you have that and more every where. Height is nice for putting seeds in and then harvesting, you don’t bend over as much.

I’ve done raised bed of differing varitions, but current is just a 4x8 that’s about 40” tall. We love it.

Brother of mine and master gardener in WY Has grown in boxes exclusively. Since their first boxes when they lived on post in pendelton. Now he has about 15 boxes and pots.

If your concerned about weeds, “cooking” the soil does help. Cover it in black plastic and let it sit for a month at about 90*. Tough to do I know, but it helps. Also kills viruses that may live in the soil and transfer from one plant to another, had that happen to a tomato plant last summer. Pulled the whole thing, and didn’t re plant. Going to here soon.

Think about what your going to plant where. Vining plants like cucumbers peas beans and even some tomatoes, can be grown on any kind of make shift trellis. Nice thing about wood boxes, they are easy to add too!

Great looking box, should do well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOOLEY:
SO HC HOWS THE RAISED BED GARDEN DOING?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version