Hello Guest

Author Topic: Who has had a "Negligent Discharge"??  (Read 913 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Who has had a "Negligent Discharge"??
« on: April 03, 2022, 07:55:11 PM »
With the current thread going I thought what the heck, who has and WILL they admit it?

I have had 1, in my home showing a little 25 barreta (flip barrel) to my girlfriend, now wife :rolleyes:

I shot a bookshelf, it went into the wall. Wife blow it out of proportion now. (many know my story)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Who has had a "Negligent Discharge"??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
I had one with a .410 when I was 14, walking down a trail with my finger on the trigger. Guess you're not supposed to do that from what I've heard. :rollseyes
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Who has had a "Negligent Discharge"??
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 08:45:45 PM »
Can honestly say I have never had one,
A neighbor blew a hole through his bedroom wall and into the brick on the house next to him with a 45 pistol.

That was as close to an accidentally discharge I have ever had

Did have a buddy try trap shooting with a pistol grip 12 gauge and forgot about the kick. He got kicked right in his two front teeth when he aimed and fired lol
I still laugh at his stupid $&@ for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 11:17:23 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 08:54:18 PM »
I personally haven’t had one, but on my old truck (the LBZ) it had a bullet hole through the front and back of the toolbox…bullet was lodged in the front of the bed, under the bedliner.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 10:00:34 PM »
Not here (yet).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 11:50:34 PM »
Me either, never
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 06:02:57 AM »
I have not at this time but there is lots of time for me to do something stupid

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2022, 07:19:02 AM »
I haven't either. Probably just a matter of time. I check and double check and then check again if they are unloaded before they go in the house.

My dad had one fire on him. I was 16 and trying to show him how to unload a revolver, but he knows everything. Ended up with a .22 in the ceiling. Mom and I both chewed him out.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2022, 09:34:16 AM »
In my circle of friends I do know of two negligent discharges or accidental or act of fate or whatever you want to to call them.

Both resulted in a fatality.

Honestly, beyond terrible. And both involved simply wonderful people on either end...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:48:36 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2022, 09:45:06 AM »
I've had in a match I was shooting a few years ago.  We don't discriminate between an AD and an ND. If the round goes off and it wasn't intended it is an ND. Was setup in a prone position on target and wanted to adjust something and tripped the trigger. Hit the target I was setup on, but still a match DQ.

I know of atleast 2 people who have put a hole in the ceiling unloading an old lever action 30-30 during deer season in their hunting camp.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 04:30:05 PM by Bear9350 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2022, 02:58:03 PM »
I never have, both my Dad and my granddad were anal about gun safety growing up as they should have been.

My dad had a good friend who had propped a gun up next to a wire fence, it went off as he crossed the fence killing his friend.

My step brother is also believed to have passed away due to a negligent discharge however there were no witnesses. Two girls he knew found him.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
I've never had one. I was taught, strictly, when I was a child. I learned trigger discipline way back, and it stuck with me. BTW, I'm knocking on wood as I type this. Just in case. ;-)
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 05:26:50 PM »
I've never had one. I was taught, strictly, when I was a child. I learned trigger discipline way back, and it stuck with me. BTW, I'm knocking on wood as I type this. Just in case. ;-)
Definitely knocking on wood...

I wasn't taught anything, except how to ride around in the desert shooting doves from the roof of a station wagon, while dad was getting plastered behind the wheel.
He also found it quite entertaining to slam on the brakes while his 12 year old son went flying with a loaded shotgun into the hood.
I did pay him back tho... fun times
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 06:10:59 PM »
Taught rifle, blackpowder and modern shotgun merit badges at the scout camp for 5 years. mentored by a grizzled old vietnam vet who told the best stories but was hardcore on gun safety. can't tell you how many parents he chewed out after i kicked their kid off the range permanently after their 2nd violation. 1 warning, then you're gone. period. had 1 zero warning kid though. Parents thought boy scout camp was a good time to wean him off his ADHD drugs cold turkey and leave the volunteers to deal with it... long story short, he stovepiped a 22lr in a marlin match rifle, lowered the barrel at my gut an repeatedly pulled the trigger while racking the action back and forth complaining it was broken. you'd have thought i could fly with how fast i covered 50 ft to snatch that gun from his hands. I kicked him out immediately, and lobbied to have him sent home. Camp director disagreed...(politics) until... he pocketed 4 rounds when my assistant was not paying attention and threw them in the campfire that night. no one was harmed but our reputation. he left the next morning.

I've chewed out good friends with bad gun safety, even my own Dad. I've lost 2 close people to negligence and it will not ever happen again if I'm involved.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 11:59:05 PM »

I wasn't taught anything, except how to ride around in the desert shooting doves from the roof of a station wagon, while dad was getting plastered behind the wheel.
He also found it quite entertaining to slam on the brakes while his 12 year old son went flying with a loaded shotgun into the hood.

This is starting to make more sense now, so the payback was you going after H?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2022, 06:23:52 AM »

This is starting to make more sense now, so the payback was you going after H?
Sounds more like H or Dick Cheney was driving….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2022, 12:07:07 AM »
I had a .22 round go off in the kitchen one time. I had a little bowl I always emptied my change and such from my pocket into. One day one of the children were digging through it and just dropping stuff. Didn’t realize they dropped that .22 round into the toaster oven. At least not until one day we were heating up some leftover pizza and “bang”.  No one hurt but I did have to do some explaining and changed where I dumped my stuff at. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2022, 12:46:03 AM »
New toaster and underware?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal