Hello Guest

Author Topic: School Shootings  (Read 1701 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
School Shootings
« on: May 25, 2022, 06:37:03 AM »
So politics will rein for the next several weeks, but I wanted to start a serious discussion on how to address the evil that manifests itself as armed assaults on soft targets at schools.

We should start by aggressively enforcing existing law.  Far too often the knee jerk reaction of legislators is to simply pass more laws to appear to be taking action when there are countless examples of failure to enforce existing laws.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/11/lying-buy-gun-fear-not-feds/

Next is locking up violent felons and applying the death penalty consistently where appropriate.  3 hots and a cot for the rest of your life, with cable tv and medical care is not as much of a deterrent for a killer.

Mass shootings almost exclusively happen at “gun free” zones, very soft targets.  If you go to almost any courthouse, you pass through a metal detector and armed personnel are prevalent and entry and exit are strictly controlled.

Rather than woke kooks worrying that armed guards or police would “trigger” kids, its time to help them understand that the world can be a dangerous place and they are an integral part of their own safety. 

https://sofrep.com/news/school-security-in-israel/

Lastly, I would strongly encourage any news outlet not to even mention the name of the killer.  It is exactly that fame that drives some of the behavior.

What say ye, menses?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: School Shootings
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 09:10:55 AM »
Hate to sound cold, but I don't think it should even make the news period. Let the local paper handle it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 09:19:15 AM »
I agree with Tex.
Especially on the points of enforcing current laws.
and utilizing the death penalty.

Those answers, however, will not cure our immoral society.

I firmly believe, having a man who long used weapons and strength and resolve against our enemies.

With those bones, I say that I believe the only relief we will have from evil is wrought from prayer.

Prayer will cover a lot of folks and places protecting them from evil.

Prayer will reach a lot of the mentally ill, curing some

Prayer will place a lot of focus on places like schools. In the instance like this Texas shooting, the LEO's were there in just three minutes. But more importantly, the type of police. The guy(s) who showed up were from the border patrol special operations unit. Likely ex-seals/rangers/green berets, these are the exact people you'd need to neutralize a shooter as quickly as possible. Less trained deputies may themselves have been killed or injured ot been unable to subdue the shooter. So how was it that these surgeon precise shooters just happened to be there, then? My belief is God placed them there.

The answer is with prayer, and on a national level. Aside from that, carry guns, harden everything and pass or enforce any law you want to and it is only going to worsen.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:19:53 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 05:01:41 PM »
Well, a start would be keeping them out of protection program once convicted. Let it be known where they are housed after sentencing. It’s pretty easy to donate to someone’s commissary every month so that the pos gets a little extra attention monthly…. My 2 cents
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 10:46:17 PM »
Well, a start would be keeping them out of protection program once convicted. Let it be known where they are housed after sentencing. It’s pretty easy to donate to someone’s commissary every month so that the pos gets a little extra attention monthly…. My 2 cents
Wow. Spend much time in the pen, Shawn or is Hillary giving you tips?

You are right.  Like child molesters in main pop.  They don’t last long after they get taken for a few laps around the park.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 05:40:58 PM »
I agree with TRN and Don, how many laws do we need? Most are not enforced and you know how well the sicko's follow them.

If you look at the numbers, it is not off the charts here as compared to the world, but not what you hear. Autos kill 3x more and how many stupid people do you see driving!!

Bottom line, these end with a bullet from a good guy or the sicko doing it himself. Many medias I listen to will not say their names more than once, do not glorify them. Do not glorify those who do.

Should have heard my wife yesterday, it was a real show. All emotion with every left wing talking point there was. I and we were called wonderful things. My youngest was right there right with me, loved that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:45:20 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
JR, ask her how many people are killed by illegal immigrants each year?  More than all the school shootings. But does she want to aggressively enforce immigration laws?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 12:14:36 AM »
I point out facts, she is just emotion. Typ liberal

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 12:38:57 AM »
I don’t know how you do it Jr. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 12:37:09 PM »
I don’t know how you do it Jr. 

Children, 3 more years. Prop will be ready, I'll be on medicare (god help me)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 07:15:37 PM »
Will you please live stream the event?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 07:41:03 PM »
So resource officer was not on campus. Classroom door was propped "open"

On site responders treated it as a barricaded subject, not "active shooter"

I am not trying to second guess what they did, I don't do that.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 09:40:40 PM »
YeahJR. I’ve only faced live fire once in my life and I sure wasn’t looking to run to it.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2022, 09:57:38 PM »
And here is some information for libs that want to cry and rend their clothes over school shootings

So interesting web site I found.  In 2021 61 children were murdered with firearms in Chicago.  793 total.  641 of the 793 were black.  47 of the 61 children were black.  No one gives a crap about them because they weren’t killed by white cops.

https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

Certainly not dismissing the tragedy of Uvalde or Sandy Hook et at. But if you want to be outraged be outraged equally at the dozens of kids murdered in CHI

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2022, 10:25:19 PM »
And here is some information for libs that want to cry and rend their clothes over school shootings

So interesting web site I found.  In 2021 61 children were murdered with firearms in Chicago.  793 total.  641 of the 793 were black.  47 of the 61 children were black.  No one gives a crap about them because they weren’t killed by white cops.

https://graphics.suntimes.com/homicides/

Certainly not dismissing the tragedy of Uvalde or Sandy Hook et at. But if you want to be outraged be outraged equally at the dozens of kids murdered in CHI

Spot on.

Is what it is. Some people are dumb. Scratch that. A lot of people.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2022, 10:33:50 PM »
And unfortunately they also vote Ken

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2022, 08:51:51 AM »
So, I've been saying all along. Just ignore them. They have power because we give it to them.
When they are in positions of power, and when they act IAW the law, we obey and go on just like normal. Anything outside that and we do not comply. You can post about it on social media, refuse to get behind their effort in any way, don't buy products, file complaints, band together and meet them at their public meetings and sue them in court.
They use intimidation, what if you're not intimidated?
The left is the enemy of a free America and the friend to crime and communism and a course apart from God.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2022, 01:37:27 AM »
By the way, we are number 11 when it comes to "mass shootings" in the world. If gun control worked, Chicago and NY would be the safest places to be!

We had a shooting tonight at local festival, where I live. My oldest don was near, but OK.

Trying to find facts now. Police involved breaking up a fight.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2022, 05:55:40 PM »
Apparently China needs knife control

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2022, 06:04:15 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal