Hello Guest

Author Topic: Life in America today  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Life in America today
« on: August 27, 2022, 01:23:25 PM »
John graduates high school and takes out a loan for$ 50,000 to start his plumbing company. He buys plenty of expensive tools, A work truck and learns a trade.
Chris graduates high school and choses to take out a loan for $50,000 to go to college to study liberal arts
John works for 5 years to build and pay for his investment.
Chris graduates from college with a debt he cant afford to pay.
Chris gets his debt "forgiven."
John's taxes go up to pay for Chris's unpaid debts.
John then gets audited by 1 of the 87,000 new IRS agents and has to prove his truck and tools are actual work expenses.
America.... 🇺🇲
Someone save us.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Life in America today
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 07:14:03 PM »
But Don, the King has spoken and chosen the few that will vote for him (hope its very few)

Keep hearing he does not have the power to do this, even dems are complaining but where are the challengers?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 07:15:14 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Life in America today
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 04:55:59 PM »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 06:20:33 PM »
Thats a Sacramento PD officer by the way.

MOST who get pulled over deserve it and its also use as a tool to check out the driver.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 10:32:51 PM »
Bring back stop and frisk….NYC was never safer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 10:40:48 PM »
Bring back stop and frisk….NYC was never safer

:likebutton:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 10:41:56 AM »
What's with Nate hatin' on our finest? :knucklehead:

I really wouldn't know, but are there enough bad cop stuff to warrant a crap poster like that? :facepalm:

Here, all the deputies are straight up.  :cool:State boys are good too.  :cool:I don't know a bad LEO (Although JR gets on my nerves sometimes ;-)

JUST KIDDIN JR!

Come on back into the fold Nate...!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 10:42:38 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 11:21:38 AM »
There are always a few, no matter what the career.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
JR you are 100% spot on,  I have done a few PSD up in your neck of the woods and have worked with some great PD's and I have had total trash experiences to the point in one case one officer assigned to assist with the detail actually gave me a really hard time the day before, total A-- Hat!

Once he saw me the next day at the meet/greet first words out of his mouth were "why didn't you say something"  well IMO I shouldn't have to say any thing I treat EVERYONE professionally until they give me a reason not too.

Dont think Nate is haten just making a point!

An example in the last 2 months I have been stopped 6ea times here in lovely South Texas ZERO tickets, so all of them were fishing expeditions 100%.

Let me go thru the reason I was told, starting from the most creative

1.  Your rear tire pressure looked low I stopped you to let you know(it wasn't)
2.  Half of your third brake light is out, wanted to let you know. (it was)
3.  Your window tint looked dark but i can tell now its OK. (it wasn't)
4.  I clocked you at 58 in a 55. (maybe)
5.  You swerved back there, (giant hole in the road) but then said I saw why you swerved but just want to make sure you were OK.
6.  You didn't have a front plate (don't need one) car not registered in TX.  they should be able to tell by the rear plate!

So in every one one these stops I am always 100% professional, windows down, light on if at night and hands on the wheel, yes/no sir/mam.  and I could of reported all of these as with the warning slip there are like 6 places to call or email too but what's the point.

I did point out to everyone of the officers I felt it was a fishing expedition.

I understand we are in a extremely high crime/trafficking area but you can see where it gets old especially after I just worked 18hrs.

On top of all of that I have to prove I'm a US citizen EVERYDAY sometimes twice a day.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2022, 02:05:59 PM »
What's with Nate hatin' on our finest? :knucklehead:

I really wouldn't know, but are there enough bad cop stuff to warrant a crap poster like that? :facepalm:

Here, all the deputies are straight up.  :cool:State boys are good too.  :cool:I don't know a bad LEO (Although JR gets on my nerves sometimes ;-)

JUST KIDDIN JR!

Come on back into the fold Nate...!!!

Well I don’t see a problem with Nate’s post. As a driver I should be treated only at the level the stop was for. Why do so many cops think they are so much better than the other people around them? Finest? Far from it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2022, 03:46:47 PM »
I don’t want to deal with any of them, I don’t want to be on their radar. The reality is if you have encounters with them it can easily go terribly wrong. The math doesn’t lie, this motto that they are above us in terms of their life is more important than ours is crap. Everyone just wants to go home at the end of the day. The reality is they’re only there to protect government infrastructure and hidden tax collection.

Do they on occasion serve the community? I’d say yes but so do the average citizens in that community. Difference is they get a salary and retirement benefits. I’m also not a fan of the tact’ed out version they promote in our communities. You want to wear that stuff go sign up and do the time serving our armed forces. The best cops I knew were former .mil anyhow. My 2 cents and I volunteered with our local pd when I moved here. They have a high regard for themselves is what I walked away with……

I’ve stated this before but they have a major PR problem they self created.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 03:48:07 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2022, 05:10:24 PM »
Interesting comments

I find this way outside my experience

I have not been pulled over since 1988

I do have military plates and unit decals on the rear glass.

I got keyed once, Officer who came told me it was because I had an American flag and the mil decals. He told me there are lots of haters out there.

Phil's experience is way outside what I would expect. Phil: do you fit the profile or look the part of some cartel dude ;-)

So it's all good, everyone cool their jets...

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2022, 06:39:17 PM »
I think you meant to ask do I stick out or look the part of a non contributing to society person.

well, lets go down the list

1.  I don't have any Tats,
2.  Nothing on my body is pierced, no rings hanging from anywhere. 
3.  I have all my teeth and none are gold and no grills.
4.  I have a valid DL
5.  I have insurance.
6.  My cars/trucks are registered and registered to me.
7.  All my cars/truck have veteran plates one car with deployment ribbon.
8.  None of my cars look like they just left a demo derby.
9.  I dont drive drunk or high or use any drugs.
10.  I speak English.
11.  I am white.
12.  I still turn my headlights off when approaching the border check point.

So I guess down here I do not fit in, I drive older car as it not a good idea to have nice things here,  I try to keep low profile and maybe that draws attention. 

Funny story, my inprocessing brief at this site was all the normal BS BUT this was added,

"You people that work late, it you see a naked woman laying on the road dont stop and get out to help, drive down to the border station and let them know"

Now Ken I didnt say naked whale laying across the road you loving H didn't get away.

And Don I dont think anyone was hating on LE it just shows how bad behavior from any profession ruins it for lots of people.  everything is wonderful.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 07:06:23 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
 :popcorn:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2022, 10:03:22 PM »
Welcome to Texas Phil.

I get pulled over often, mostly because I’m speeding and deserve it.  Haven’t gotten a ticket in 20 years because:

1: I don’t make them chase me.  If I see lights I hammer the brakes and get to the side of the road.
2:  windowns down hands on the wheel
3: treat them with respect. And be candid.  “You know why Ipulled you over?”  Yes sir, I have a pretty good idea.
4: given them my CC permit and license

Grey hair helps.

Since I stopped driving expensive German cars, I’ve not had a ticket. They don’t cut slack to people they perceive as wealthy

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2022, 10:51:07 AM »
I think you meant to ask do I stick out or look the part of a non contributing to society person.

well, lets go down the list

1.  I don't have any Tats,
2.  Nothing on my body is pierced, no rings hanging from anywhere. 
3.  I have all my teeth and none are gold and no grills.
4.  I have a valid DL
5.  I have insurance.
6.  My cars/trucks are registered and registered to me.
7.  All my cars/truck have veteran plates one car with deployment ribbon.
8.  None of my cars look like they just left a demo derby.
9.  I dont drive drunk or high or use any drugs.
10.  I speak English.
11.  I am white.
12.  I still turn my headlights off when approaching the border check point.

So I guess down here I do not fit in, I drive older car as it not a good idea to have nice things here,  I try to keep low profile and maybe that draws attention. 

Funny story, my inprocessing brief at this site was all the normal BS BUT this was added,

"You people that work late, it you see a naked woman laying on the road dont stop and get out to help, drive down to the border station and let them know"

Now Ken I didnt say naked whale laying across the road you loving H didn't get away.

And Don I dont think anyone was hating on LE it just shows how bad behavior from any profession ruins it for lots of people.  everything is wonderful.

That's uncanny...Kind of like the guy recently spotted in Starbucks...He was just sitting there drinking coffee! No phone, no laptop, just coffee...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2022, 02:15:45 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiPs-THBiK6/?igshid=NmNmNjAwNzg=

Found a video of TRN getting pulled over! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2022, 05:09:49 PM »
Here is my point with my posting.

Law enforcement in this country has become severely perverted in everything they do, how they act, how they think and especially their severely warped belief of what their actual job/mission is. I won’t mention corruption because that is a whole bag on its own. I do believe that the time of change is coming, as more and more people are reaching their breaking point.

The biggest thing that is forgotten by law enforcement is their actual mission/job, and that is to serve and protect their communities. law enforcement are not lawyers or judges, they are to do nothing but enforce the laws that were voted on. Just like law enforcement is not the military either. As stated, if you want to uniform/walk/ride around like you are military… then go join the military. I firmly believe that all law enforcement regardless of what level they are applying to, should have a minimum requirement of 4 years military service in a combat arms specialty before they can even be interviewed for a position in law enforcement.

Are there good one? Yes! Too bad the majority of law enforcement has the mind set of “I am the law, and you will respect my authoritah (https://youtu.be/YKTRDjBizfk) or I will make up lies about you and arrest you.” and are the ones giving the whole system its duly earned bad name. Thankfully with the advent of the camera and laws like the bill of rights we can start to remove these cancers.

We have all had interactions with law enforcement, some good some bad, and they all have their unique set of circumstances to set them apart. The bottom line is this: when law enforcement stops overstepping their bounds, then things will change for the better.

Remember: law enforcement are public servants and ultimately answer to the people!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2022, 06:33:37 PM »
Well written, South Park vid was a nice touch too….. lol

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2022, 08:53:34 PM »
Nate while I agree with the sentiment I think the percentage of
Good to bad it different.  There are many more good than bad

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 09:10:44 PM »
This is all quite surprising to me, as I have seen like zero bad cops. I was searching my memory and could only come up with a couple of instances but they were questionable. The instance that most could qualify is one where I have to say, I side with the officer. It actually involved one of my daughters. She was with a bunch of kids partying when an officer arrived and intervened, There was some circumstance that got the police there, something minor, like loud noise or disorderly conduct, something like that.

But one kid was incensed by the officers and got in his car and then floored it pointed at an officer. The officer and at least one other shot the kid who died instantly. Ya, regrettable, but that kid was going to possibly run over the deputy. Regrettable but justified in my view. I do not know of any harassment kind of stuff. Perhaps my head is buried in the sand, or I stay home too much, but in my view the police around Northern KY/Cincy are OK.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 10:52:01 PM »
Nate while I agree with the sentiment I think the percentage of
Good to bad it different.  There are many more good than bad

Agree. Just like the general population.

The more they get squeezed and the good guys retire, more of the less desirable people will get hired. Who wants to deal with the crap they've been receiving for the last decade? The less qualified, or the guys with Hitler complexes?

And yes, I've been harassed by a couple, but the good professional ones are the norm.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 01:34:09 PM »
I agree also.

Many are quitting because of the politics getting into it. Another reason we left boy scouts. Someone looking over your shoulder or videoing you every second, then second guessing you from a civilian point of view. Heck, I remember getting applause one time throwing a drunk over my car when I took him down.

Remember you see what the media shows, not what most see or do.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 05:22:18 PM »
I agree also.

Many are quitting because of the politics getting into it. Another reason we left boy scouts. Someone looking over your shoulder or videoing you every second, then second guessing you from a civilian point of view. Heck, I remember getting applause one time throwing a drunk over my car when I took him down.

Remember you see what the media shows, not what most see or do.
Excellent point.
The media are the enemy soldiers.
Those controlling them are the enemies of truth and democracy and freedom and all that is good about us.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2022, 06:28:55 AM »
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/quisling

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2022, 01:13:45 PM »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2022, 07:04:48 PM »
And there we have it, "quisling"

Now, once the rightful government is restored through some arduous process, don't the Quislings end up swinging from the end of a rope?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2022, 08:31:33 PM »
We can hope

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2022, 10:31:14 PM »
Isn't that what THEY think they have now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal