VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Forklift trailer hitch receiver

(1/2) > >>

Bob Smith:
When I bought my tractor a couple years ago, I also bought a pallet fork attachment. This past week I bought a hitch receiver for the pallet forks to make moving pull trailers a bit easier. Should make getting the travel trailer in the garage much easier. 

stlaser:
Interesting concept, I’ve got two options in mind. First blowtorch a hole in the end of a single fork which is what I’ve done menu times. Or the other is a buy a quick attach plate and add a hitch receiver to the front of it.

Bigdave_185:
Our shop lift has a hole in the fork, at the cabinet shop I built a mount for one fork using the existing hole as attachment.
I’ll see if I can get a photo, I currently don’t have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Smith:
Because of the 2,200 lb weight rating of the forks and the weight on my travel trailer hitch I needed both forks in the game. The pallet fork attachment is not nearly as heavy duty as the fork lifts I have been around.

Bob Smith:

--- Quote from: stlaser on December 06, 2022, 11:01:14 PM ---Interesting concept, I’ve got two options in mind. First blowtorch a hole in the end of a single fork which is what I’ve done menu times. Or the other is a buy a quick attach plate and add a hitch receiver to the front of it.

--- End quote ---
I thought about buying a plate and having a receiver attached to it but the welder/fab guy thought he could build something that fit the forks  I have and work fine. He wasn’t  interested in putting a mounting hole in these forks either. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version