Hello Guest

Author Topic: Whats Next...  (Read 23043 times)

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Whats Next...
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2017, 02:09:59 PM »
I meant, why didn't you keep it a dually?

Or did you?

Looks like a single rear wheel in the pic

I kept it a dually.  Not converting anything!  She has all four wheels out back and will stay that way! 

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2017, 02:11:53 PM »
Here's the little 45hp 5105 I picked up.  1600 hours.  Came with front pallet forks, front hay spear, front bucket, rear hay spear, rear box blade, and rear JD 6' cutter. 

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
I'm definitely going to look at investing in one of those front grapples like you bought Don.  I've always wanted one, just didn't need it.  Now at the new place I will get a lot of use out of one. 

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2017, 03:54:28 PM »
Sadly, this is the only picture I could find of it recently.  And it is not current.  I did remove the factory bed, and had a flat bed installed.  Also removed the wheels and tires, and went with a simple 17" wheel with 33" Toyo m/t tires.

Didn't take you long to oil field that truck up....

Come on man...  Really?   lol

What were you expecting? Me to tell you it was pretty & pat you on the rear? Maybe a participation trophy? :popcorn: lol
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2017, 07:37:30 PM »
I'm definitely going to look at investing in one of those front grapples like you bought Don.  I've always wanted one, just didn't need it.  Now at the new place I will get a lot of use out of one. 
I use that attachment constantly

Use it like a hand with fingers to sort through a pile of logs to grab just the one you want.
Grab a big one ton rock and then place it just where you want to
I wish I would have purchased a 60" instead of the 72" for the 4720 tractor. That thing is so heavy it takes up some of the lift out of the 400CX loader. I'd get a 72" one for a 5000-6000 series tractor, go to a 60" for tractors of my size. I have the horsepower (66) but not the weight of a 5 series unit

BTW, that MX-6 is weak. The gearbox or bearing mount or something mounts to the inside layer of steel. Mine tore out of that inner piece! Nice 360 degree crack. That's why I went with the land pride. I plan to weld up the inside of mine, then sell it off the property
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2017, 06:12:40 PM »
Sadly, this is the only picture I could find of it recently.  And it is not current.  I did remove the factory bed, and had a flat bed installed.  Also removed the wheels and tires, and went with a simple 17" wheel with 33" Toyo m/t tires.

What were you expecting? Me to tell you it was pretty & pat you on the rear? Maybe a participation trophy? :popcorn: lol

A safe space with a fidget spinner would have been sufficient...  :sad:

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2017, 06:14:20 PM »

Use it like a hand with fingers to sort through a pile of logs to grab just the one you want.
I wish I would have purchased a 60" instead of the 72" for the 4720 tractor. That thing is so heavy it takes up some of the lift out of the 400CX loader. I'd get a 72" one for a 5000-6000 series tractor, go to a 60" for tractors of my size. I have the horsepower (66) but not the weight of a 5 series unit

BTW, that MX-6 is weak. The gearbox or bearing mount or something mounts to the inside layer of steel. Mine tore out of that inner piece! Nice 360 degree crack. That's why I went with the land pride. I plan to weld up the inside of mine, then sell it off the property

Copy that.  That MX-6 should be fine for the little bit of mowing it will do.  Mostly just grass around fence lines.  I save the thick work for my batwing.  It's land pride, and the heaviest model they make.  It'll take down small trees with ease. 

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »

A safe space with a fidget spinner would have been sufficient...  :sad:

I heard those spinners can come apart & you can end up swallowing them. So for your safety I didn't offer that as a viable option.....

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2017, 07:43:36 PM »
Those things are silly, there a couple of kids at church that walk around with them constantly. My kids asked for one and I told them that if they have too much energy I'll find something productive for them to do.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2017, 08:40:25 PM »

Copy that.  That MX-6 should be fine for the little bit of mowing it will do.  Mostly just grass around fence lines.  I save the thick work for my batwing.  It's land pride, and the heaviest model they make.  It'll take down small trees with ease. 
Copy that!
The Land Pride 72" I pull behind the deere is indestructible!
(Did I really say that...!)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:21 PM »
Yup chief you just jynxed yourself...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2017, 11:39:34 PM »
Those things are silly, there a couple of kids at church that walk around with them constantly. My kids asked for one and I told them that if they have too much energy I'll find something productive for them to do.

Dave, & for those of you that are not aware. For some kids those toys are part of a mental health treatment for OCD prescribed by a psychologist. In certain instances they have their place & trust me if you have a child with true OCD issues you will try anything to help them.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2017, 12:14:53 AM »

Ash, looks like you have really been busy. I would just tune it a little and replace the tranny. The 5 speed is good, but stockers seem to have issues from all my reading.

As for the leaks, start with the blow by tube and then look at the lifter cover if on the drivers side.

Don, are you lifting past capacity or nosing over? Maybe a little water in those tires if you are light in the arse?

All 3 of mine have those things and it helps and hurts. They take them apart then wonder why they don't spin good (no longer sealed bearings)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2017, 10:43:03 AM »

Dave, & for those of you that are not aware. For some kids those toys are part of a mental health treatment for OCD prescribed by a psychologist. In certain instances they have their place & trust me if you have a child with true OCD issues you will try anything to help them.

1st hand understanding, they do work exceptionally well for severe ADHD and some forms of autism. they gained mainstream media attention and now every idiot kit wants them like a furby or hatchimal or 'insert-stupid-toy-of-the-month-' here. Now schools want to ban them and the kids that benefit are losing out.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:56 AM »

I reread my statement. I agree with you, when they are part of a treatment that is prescribed, they have a purpose. however, when there is a large bin of them with flashing LED lights on them at the checkout at Kroger, I'm pretty sure that is not the target demographic.  The kids I know at church are not suffering from anything but mommybuyme-itis. Makes it hard to accept the small percentage of people with real needs.

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
100% agreed Bear.

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2017, 11:46:26 AM »
Ash,

I don't know if I missed it somewhere in the life-recap, but did you sell off the mud race jeep with the cut tires?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2017, 10:41:46 PM »
Tate, he traded it on a square body pro-street truck which has since been traded off too....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2017, 11:48:47 PM »
Maybe a Prius?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2017, 05:53:48 AM »
Maybe a Prius?

Nah, smart car I think is more his style..... :popcorn:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
Maybe a Prius?

Smart car!

Makes me think of a skinny hippie who bubble wrapped himself and glued on some caster wheels to his butt.

Online EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »
Tate, he traded it on a square body pro-street truck which has since been traded off too....

Ok, I knew about the truck, but missed the genesis of the whole ordeal.

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »

Ok, I knew about the truck, but missed the genesis of the whole ordeal.

Yep, traded off the mud jeep for the square body chevy, then sold the square body chevy to get rid of toys!  I am currently down to two farm trucks, the wifes car, and a company truck. 

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
Maybe a Prius?

Would still have more power than a ford...    :shocked:

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile