SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Classifieds

Wanted 68-76 Cadillac 500 engine rebuildable core

<< < (3/20) > >>

KensAuto:
Cool. Those suckers put down some torque, for sure. That's why I was going down that path, but the 400 my old boss sold me was a 71 firebird engine...365hp before we worked it over. Wore it out and got a 455 to build but still haven't. Ended up sticking another 400 in it that I built for a 68 Tempest... now I want to put a dmax in the poor mans goat...some day.
  And the 73 will still roast the tires off with that small big block.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Nate on February 03, 2019, 01:40:41 AM ---You pay my fuel and put me up for the night and ill transport for you?

--- End quote ---

:likebutton:

Thanks Nate, trying to get ahold of this guy may run over next weekend.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on February 03, 2019, 02:13:26 AM ---Cool. Those suckers put down some torque, for sure. That's why I was going down that path, but the 400 my old boss sold me was a 71 firebird engine...365hp before we worked it over. Wore it out and got a 455 to build but still haven't. Ended up sticking another 400 in it that I built for a 68 Tempest... now I want to put a dmax in the poor mans goat...some day.
  And the 73 will still roast the tires off with that small big block.

--- End quote ---

Dmax I the 73 would be cool  :likebutton:

Flyin6:
Shawn, this is an intriguing idea you have. I never looked at the Caddy engine. THought it weighed in like a 6BT. I think you are on to something here. Stock build, freshened up making 500 ft lbs, lightly built another 100 and pushed making a mind numbing 800HP

So, I talked to an engine builder today over in eastern OH. Smart guy, although diesel. He likes that motor and knew about the high nickel blocks and the dead reliability of the thing...

JR:
Those 500s are monsters and lightweight.

Just saw the donner in the superbowl halftime!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version