Hello Guest

Author Topic: .22 caliber air rifle  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
.22 caliber air rifle
« on: February 21, 2021, 05:12:48 PM »
I have kind of wanted a .22 air rifle for a while. We have several daisy and Red Rider bb guns. While they are fun and all with ammo shortages I was thinking  more seriously about a the .22 caliber air rifles. You can take down small game with these pretty easily. Squirrels and rabbits and such. Heck use to kill squirrels with a blow gun when we were kids. (town squirrels are easier to sneak up on than country squirrels)
Actually I was walking through a store up in Sioux Falls wasting time wasting for Zane's basketball game to start and I ran across one. I do not remember the brand but it was very similar to the one in the link. On sale for $165. I told the wife were coming back in the morning and getting this. Well it was snowing pretty had so we split and went home. This gave me a little more time to do some research.
I am wanting to order this bad boy right here. I was wondering if any of you had any experience with these at all. https://gamousa.com/product/swarm-maxxim-10x-gen-2-22-caliber-10-shot-break-barrel-air-rifle/
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: .22 caliber air rifle
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »
Jon,

I have the 177 but it is a single shoot with the barrel break one stroke cock and it shoots great and very accurate. When fired the spring makes a little more noise than I would like but not to bad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 08:47:01 PM »
Been a long long time since I had an air rifle. Wish I still had the Benjamin pump air rifle I had as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Mrwoody

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2021, 09:55:11 PM »
I bought the Benjamin Marauder in .22 Last year from sportsman Guide ( four payment plan is awesome),  Then bought a 4500 PSI compressor from amazon  and just put everything together last week.   The Marauder is quieter than my China single cock pellet rifle by far. One charge to 3000 psi and I can shoot about 30 shots. Haven't shot any squirrels yet but im waiting.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »
Link please? 

Iv been looking at them at cabelas a good bit also, neighbor has some rather annoying farm animals that wonder. 

I have an old Benjamin but it’s seek lots better days and no where near close to accurate

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 09:29:31 AM »
I wish I could use a pellet gun for the birds at work, but too many windshields, not only at my place but next door.

Had to settle for an airsoft, albeit a good one.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 12:11:47 PM »
I have a neighbor guy who is into the Airsoft stuff.  Man I think it would be a riot to whoop on the kids in a field like we used to with paintball guns

Offline Mrwoody

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 10:58:30 PM »
Dave-    Looks Like Sportsmans guide is not offering the .22
They do have the .25                                                                                                                                                 https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/benjamin-marauder-bolt-action-pcp-air-rifle-25-caliber-8-rounds?a=2168106&_br_psugg_q=benjamin%20marauder
Air Compressor                                                            https://www.amazon.com/Compressor-Pressure-Inflator-Portable-Compressors/dp/B07JBV3VBC/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1BEO4WH61ZU5E&dchild=1&keywords=4500+psi+air+compressor&qid=1614052492&sprefix=4500%2Caps%2C432&sr=8-5  ( That should work)

Also try https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Marauder_Air_Rifle/1774

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 07:02:02 AM »
I dont really want one that I need an air compressor for. But that looks like it has some serious power.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 09:40:56 AM »
I don’t think the air compressor idea is ideal for me, but the quiet idea so the neighbor can’t hear me shoot his stupid ginny Hens at 1am

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 12:56:29 AM »
I have 2 break barrels, a 177 and 22, both are awesome. Yes, the spring is little irritating, but it works. Both are single shots. They are all suppressed, very quiet but not silent. I have taken a raccoon with the 22 in my yard.

I also got a semi auto Co2 syle rifle at the ridge. I keep meaning to try it out, but always busy!

I also have just delved into the PCP rifles with this. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_BullBoss_QE_Air_Rifle/4112#7848 It is just setup now and I am using a hand pump. Depending on the enjoyment, I may get a real pump.

Now as to how silent? Unless someone knew what you were doing, they really won't know. Shot form inside to outside, or having something all around you, thats how you do it.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
I don’t think the air compressor idea is ideal for me, but the quiet idea so the neighbor can’t hear me shoot his stupid ginny Hens at 1am

Haha yeah they are loud. I locked mine up at night then get rid of them.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2021, 07:55:04 AM »
These people have some many un kept  animals it’s nutz!   The hens wonder, the rooster crows at 9 pm

They never take care of the goats, we watched to baby goats last spring be abandoned and die in the dirt

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »
If they don't care for the animals, get animal control involved. Are you rural? Many areas don't allow any animals to roam or allow certain kinds.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »
I’m literally on the boarder, my back neighbors are designated farm and can do what they want, I on the other hand can not. 

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 02:43:49 PM »
Animal control should still have a say in it. Can't mistreat them.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 07:55:47 PM »
Just don't shoot the hens while animal control is there. :)

Another reason I got airsoft. I don't really want to kill birds, but chase them off, plus it's great practice.
Problem is, with a decent gun, it does take them out at 25 yards or less.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 07:55:51 AM »
You can most definitely call animal control on a farm. People like that make us all look bad. I ain't no snitch but I also can't stand the mis treatment of animals. 

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2021, 06:36:24 PM »
Found this Crossman made  Benjamin at sheels for $125. I thought I'd start out with a cheaper one. If I use it quite a bit then I will get a better one.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2021, 08:08:28 PM »
Keep us posted on how it shoots

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 08:02:30 AM »
I will try to get the scope on this week and sight it in. I jsut shot one round into the dirt off the deck. It left a bigger divot that I thought it would. Comparable to a regular .22 at short distance.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 11:34:35 AM »
I saw a Ruger precision 22 air rifle at Walmart last night, I think it was $145. Said 1050 FPS on the box.   Considering it.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 03:13:33 PM »
To get those numbers you have to use the premium pellets. It uses some oil with the pressure to push the thing faster, like a little diesel ing.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal