SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

christmas 2018

<< < (2/5) > >>

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on November 20, 2018, 10:34:47 PM ---Was there any left over from the bail out the forum fund? 

What families does the commander have in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
We donated everything and then some last year. I neglected to update back then, but did recently.

Ya know, as per what normally happens, an opportunity usually presents itself that just feels right.

With respect to this year, I asked a member of this site and he came back with wanting to do something for a soldier. I usually take that one step more to include uniforms. So LEO's and Firefighter/EMTs would in my view also be in the running.

So I was talking to Kat last night about it and she said that it would be nice to find a lower rank enlisted soldier/family. Maybe a guy who is deployed and just shower that family. So with that in mind, I have cast an eye toward Ft. Campbell and some other nearby bases. I haven't moved forward, still waiting for confirmation from our boss on what he wants us to do.

I was sort of still on a struggling local family who perhaps was a refugee like we blessed, what, three years ago??

No decisions yet. We will "Season" this for awhile and patiently wait on the Lord...

Nate:
You speak of the refugee family, how are they doing ?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Nate on November 21, 2018, 10:02:52 AM ---You speak of the refugee family, how are they doing ?

--- End quote ---
So well!

The African refugee family we supported are thriving. Both parents are working. The dad is going to try to open a Chic-Filet of his own. They have a car, attend church, are well plugged into the community and even help other/newer families to the area. They are a blessing to the African community up in Cincinnati. All they needed was a little help out of the chock blocks and we can proudly say we were amongst the folks who gave them that critical first contact help.

Flyin6:
OK we have a CC (Christmas Cause)

I prayed over this and sent some texts around but pretty much ended up with a dry hole.

Then I called Duane this morning and learned about this:

His youngest daughter who is in college to become a nurse took up a rather unusual habit, visiting the VA office. SHe told her dad that she couldn't stand looking at what she calls all the "Campus Freaks" walking around and the only normal place she could find to study was at the VA office!!!!!!!

It's quiet there and she can use printers for her assignments and again, according to her, the place is filled with "Normal people" Like her dad.

Well one thing led to another and one day they posted an opening for a receptionist there. She applied and was hired. So now she works there when not attending classes at the university.

Without any help from her family and without their knowledge she started up a charity to benefit veterans. She calls it, "Serving Those Who Served Us." Her and some others who have come in to help seek out clothing, food, stuff from donations which she and the kids turn right around and get to the veterans they know and meet them at their point of need.

Is this killer or what!!!!!!??????? So the local Archdiocese is now interested in blowing this up into a bigger thing. Upon hearing about this, like 1 hour ago, I knew in my heart and head, that this is where we sow into this year.

So if you're gonna get involved, dig in and get involved. I will go see her tomorrow and see how we can help. Maybe get some pics. If I can, I'll volunteer for all of us and do some of the foot work as well.

Who's in?

cudakidd53:
In - $ sent!  :beercheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version