Hello Guest

Author Topic: Col Mize, MOH  (Read 349 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Col Mize, MOH
« on: May 19, 2022, 02:20:12 PM »
Ola Lee Mize spent a total of 4 years in Vietnam as a Special Forces officer, during which he was shot multiple times and earned a Silver Star and 5 Bronze Stars. All of this occurred, however, during his second war, over a decade after his time as an enlisted man in Korea where he earned the Medal of Honor...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
On June 10, 1953, at a place called Outpost Harry, Mize and his company from the 15th Infantry Regiment fought off a Chinese force outnumbering them 30 to 1. Mize seemed omnipresent over the outpost fighting off the enemy and resupplying his men. When one machine gun position was overrun, Mize battled his way to the gun and killed 10 enemy soldiers in and around the position. Grenade and artillery blasts blew him off his feet 3 times on his journey, but couldn't stop him. Legend told that he killed the last few enemy in the hole with an entrenching tool after his carbine ran out of ammo.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
“I just knew I was going to die. I knew it. I accepted it," he remembered years later. "All I wanted to do was take as many of them with me as I could.”
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal