Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Radio/Comms

Why Every Real Man Should Include Amateur Radio (HAM) In Their Skillset

<< < (11/11)

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: Anthonymo on November 27, 2014, 11:49:58 PM ---Kc1cwc , showed up Tuesday! They managed to misspell Anthony but other then that I'm on the air

--- End quote ---
Congratulations!  Feels good to be able to go on the air, right?
Kilo Charlie One Charlie Whiskey Charlie
I like it very much.  Can't get much better phonetics than that, unless its Whiskey Tango Foxtrot....

husker77c:
KC3BXR checking in

Just joined this site so I figured I would say hi. I got my technician and general license over a year ago and I have done absolutely zilch when it comes to ham radio since haha.  I was laid off at the time and always wanted to get my ticket and since I had the time I figured why not.   The only radio I have so far is a Yaesu VX-8DR and a beofeng Amazon cheapie dual band.  As soon as money allows I hope to to get a HF rig to try to see how far across the world I can go. 

I also am actively searching for a dual band mobile to put in my truck so I can use down time at work to hone my skills a little bit.   I'm still learning about of ham radio because honestly I just studied to pass the test and didn't retain much of the knowledge.  >:(

Very informative post. Thank you for that.

fenriswolf039:
I'm definitely going to build one of those antenna launchers!!!

TexasRedNeck:
Don asked me to comment on some short wave radio earlier this month. Take a read back through this. Get a ha ndheld. You can transmit radio to radio (simplex) or hit a repeater and cover 10-20 miles or more. My simplex radio antenna in my pine tree hits my bro in law 40 miles away I simplex mode. Hitting a repeated can take you hundreds if not thousands of miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version