GENERAL TOPICS > Most Favored Companies

Companies that Real-Man likes!

<< < (2/8) > >>

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on February 08, 2018, 09:44:11 PM ---When was the last time Oakley was put to the test?  I called about five months ago.  They wouldn’t send me new ear socks because mine were turning to a  gel not rubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

I’m gunna call tomorrow, I have a couple year old set that are scratched good in two spots.

KensAuto:
Around here, their warranty varies between retailers, not necessarily Craftsman's fault, but might be. I've been denied a ratchet warranty at a small sears outlet, and my employee was denied a couple broken sockets at a large sears store. (from using an impact).

--- Quote from: Superwhdm on February 08, 2018, 09:41:41 PM ---I thought about sending in my Benchmade for sharpening, no cost but 5 weeks turn around. Chzz I think I’ll just figure it out myself. Maybe if I had two and swapped them out every few months haha!

--- End quote ---
Ask the wife to get you a Work Sharp sharpener. It works like a charm, and you can bust through a whole set of kitchen knives in about 10 minutes, making the wife happy in return. The Ken Onion version is the nicer model, and you can buy separate attachments. I've tried diamond blocks, rods, etc. and they are junk compared to the "belt sander" design. It's the only tool I have that will effectively sharpen s110v steel (spyderco manic2)which is a bunch harder than my benchmade.

stlaser:
Ken, post a pic of your sharpener. I’m finding two different versions of the Ken Onion....

KensAuto:
Too lazy to get out of my chair..but this is on Amazon

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Thanks Ken, I just ordered one. I have stones but have been looking for an electric model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version