Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1336568 times)

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2850 on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:57 AM »
College, an interesting topic and one I am fond of actually.

For me learning comes easy, which is why I am a huge advocate of online schooling, you have to have the drive to do it, there is no mandatory class hours just certain things to submit three times a week.

I will unquestionably agree with all of you on the fact that our current college system is not what it should be and causes more problems and debt than it does good.

The leaving home for a year or 5.5 in my case is unquestionably the best option. It puts a little time and small amount of maturity under ones belt. For me I was blessed through having joined the Marines the fall after graduating high school. I thank God for guiding me down this path every day as it has blessed me tremendously, and actually kept me alive and only a small amount of trouble.

Where as looking at my close friends who were goaded into college directly after highschool, they spent more on booze and other trash that had I gone, I'd be broke, in debt, possibly dead, and without the awesome family I have.

I now have a M.Ed with emphasis in Bible Literacy because it cost me nothing, and taught me much. Online college is a great thing and I encourage everyone to look at it for their kids, it gives them a taste of college yet allows them to galavant and work a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: March 07, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »
I agree and have been working on this with the wife unit.

There is so much to do out there with simply a level head and good work ethics.

Heck, I am just a HS Grad with a few odd (very odd) college classes.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: March 07, 2017, 12:43:43 PM »
You nailed me on the head; college calculus, guitar, English, history, EKG tech course and music theory.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »
there is a side of this no one has talked about yet.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: March 07, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
I'm assuming you mean skipping college entirely and becoming a gigolo?  :cool:  I tried it for a bit after high school. Realized that if I couldn't get girls to date me when I was paying for dinner, it wouldn't work the other way around.  So I went into the Air Force instead because, I mean who goes into the army voluntarily.
 :popcorn:

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2855 on: March 07, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »

The fact that college has become a hot bed for leftist propaganda? And a test facility for all things insane? Such as bringing back race wars and race divisions? Anti white people....entirely? It's acceptable to be 'confused' about your sex, race, homosexuality, or whether your an alien or not? That it is healthy to have safe spaces that are a danger to those who don't believe in them? I think I'm drawing a blank here...

Oh wait, that there are classes on white privilege? Which makes about as much sense as a unicorn eating its rainbow colored fecal matter.

The significant threat against men and women who believe in Christianity?

That there are kids getting expelled for reasons once protected, such as disagreeing with an instructor?

Ok now I think I've hit my blank spot, so a little help would be good.

This is me just guessing at the one point we missed, after reading it, it seems like an angry rant which it is not, well at least not at any one here.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:15:43 PM by wyorunner »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: March 07, 2017, 02:26:46 PM »
I would like to hear everyone's theory, at the end of today I will give you my perspective in the next 10, 20, 30 years of where I think manufacturing and the trades will go.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: March 07, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »
I'm assuming you mean skipping college entirely and becoming a gigolo?  :cool:  I tried it for a bit after high school. Realized that if I couldn't get girls to date me when I was paying for dinner, it wouldn't work the other way around.  So I went into the Air Force instead because, I mean who goes into the army voluntarily.
Air Force, You lasted, what a couple months?

You're banned for such heresy! ;-)

Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: March 07, 2017, 05:00:08 PM »

The fact that college has become a hot bed for leftist propaganda? And a test facility for all things insane? Such as bringing back race wars and race divisions? Anti white people....entirely? It's acceptable to be 'confused' about your sex, race, homosexuality, or whether your an alien or not? That it is healthy to have safe spaces that are a danger to those who don't believe in them? I think I'm drawing a blank here...

Oh wait, that there are classes on white privilege? Which makes about as much sense as a unicorn eating its rainbow colored fecal matter.

That there are kids getting expelled for reasons once protected, such as disagreeing with an instructor?

This is me just guessing at the one point we missed, after reading it, it seems like an angry rant which it is not, well at least not at any one here.

Whoa, the Marine is all riled up!

Settle down there leatherneck...Drink some sweet tea, you'll be fine! ;-)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: March 07, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »

Banned already, is that a record?  I'm sorry, should I be posting or silent since I'm banned? :cool:

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: March 07, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »

Whoa, the Marine is all riled up!

Settle down there leatherneck...Drink some sweet tea, you'll be fine! ;-)

Nah, it's good. However colleges are becoming a sad state of affairs. I look forward to mr. Wilsons report on the future of trades.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: March 07, 2017, 06:23:06 PM »

Banned already, is that a record?  I'm sorry, should I be posting or silent since I'm banned? :cool:
No one here has ever defined what being banned actually consists of. It seems to vary with most being quickly forgotten about

And no, not a record. Shawn joined, became a moderator, and was banned all on the same day...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:23:40 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: March 07, 2017, 06:53:53 PM »
From my perspective, THEY would prefer we stay in high interest loans and remain in debt indefinitely, collect their affirmative action funding, and continue to churn out brainwashed sheeple. I paid for my credits out of pocket, (probably why I stopped after pre-req's and a tech class that led nowhere), and after an unfortunate turn of events just couldn't stomach paying for it again, (yes, again). So What Did I Do Today? Took a long shot at the rocket scientist's question. we'll see where I land.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: March 07, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »
I didn't finish college until after I was actually in the Army and serving.

I took advantage of some cool programs that allowed me to go to school all day and some nights and fly Chinooks on weekends and off days in support of the Army's needs. I earned my Bachelor's degree and stayed current in the aircraft and ended up being the instructor pilot who gave almost everyone their check-rides. I would get a two week break sometimes and my unit would send me to the field, like as in a long way from Ft. Campbell where I'd play Armee for the entire time, then get back just in time to wipe off the mud and get back into classes. Doing it that way, and having to foot a lot of the bill, I managed some righteous grades graduating from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with an Aviation B.S. I was even able to knock out a good portion of a Masters in Environmental engineering studies with a focus on aviation with the same deal

Yea, I was blessed!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: March 07, 2017, 07:22:24 PM »

Education, well depends. I served my two years active right out of high school, got out went to work and looked above my pay grade and thought....Wow even with just high school I could have that job...Many years, many moves later I retired and felt good about where I was in the food chain when I left.
Trade schools in my opinion is time and money well spent. My wife, well she always wanted to be a teacher..5 years after high school and a bunch of money later she was a 3rd grade teacher. Could have spent time and monies to get up the ladder but was very happy where she was....

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2865 on: March 07, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »
My wife and I have had this conversation a lot (especially as relates to our son but in general about America in general). College has become like just another HS. but you end up with significant debt. Yes for some it's the only path  (Dr., Lawyer, and many others as well). But the push to go to college has been at the expense of the trades (as others have said). One of my sons friends is a plumber....right out of HS, working on his ticket under a licensed guy, was making 75-80K. Society has collectively looked down our/their noses at a lot of this and we've pushed kids into college when that's the last place a lot of guys should go. Even our local voc-tech school crows about how many kids go on to college. I would be much happier if they said how many were working with the skills they learned from the school (so kids who went through plumbing training were working as plumbers, electricians as electricians etc.). Voke schools are supposed to provide real world skills and training and if the kids who went to school to learn how to be an electrician have all left the field and are unloading trucks at Wal-Mart the school has failed IMO.

Anyway....suffice to say there is a lot of agreement here that college is not the path for everyone. Nor should it be. I just want to encourage my kids to find the path that works for them, and work hard. If that's college, I will support them. But if it's another path, so be it. Just work hard and give your all. The path will be different but no less rewarding in my mind.

I'll shut up now. Ha.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 07, 2017, 08:14:13 PM »
My wife and I have had this conversation a lot (especially as relates to our son but in general about America in general). College has become like just another HS. but you end up with significant debt. Yes for some it's the only path  (Dr., Lawyer, and many others as well). But the push to go to college has been at the expense of the trades (as others have said). One of my sons friends is a plumber....right out of HS, working on his ticket under a licensed guy, was making 75-80K. Society has collectively looked down our/their noses at a lot of this and we've pushed kids into college when that's the last place a lot of guys should go. Even our local voc-tech school crows about how many kids go on to college. I would be much happier if they said how many were working with the skills they learned from the school (so kids who went through plumbing training were working as plumbers, electricians as electricians etc.). Voke schools are supposed to provide real world skills and training and if the kids who went to school to learn how to be an electrician have all left the field and are unloading trucks at Wal-Mart the school has failed IMO.

Anyway....suffice to say there is a lot of agreement here that college is not the path for everyone. Nor should it be. I just want to encourage my kids to find the path that works for them, and work hard. If that's college, I will support them. But if it's another path, so be it. Just work hard and give your all. The path will be different but no less rewarding in my mind.

I'll shut up now. Ha.
I mean, Jesus was a Carpenter! And he is king of the whole world!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 07, 2017, 08:16:34 PM »
He also fished if I recall correctly.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: March 07, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »
We need more guys in trades! Tradecraft is going down, but the amount of tradesman is dropping faster, thanks to an entire generation pushing their kids into college because they "wanted their kids to better than them and make more money, and not have to work so hard" blah blah blah.
that's just my take on it.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 07, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »
We need more guys in trades! Tradecraft is going down, but the amount of tradesman is dropping faster, thanks to an entire generation pushing their kids into college because they "wanted their kids to better than them and make more money, and not have to work so hard" blah blah blah.
that's just my take on it.
I totally agree Ken.
There's nothing wrong with actually earning an honest day's pay.

I'm a power system electrician by trade, now.
I drove long haul for about five years before the regulations got rediculous.

The rest of the story, I also had nearly two years of a civil engineering degree under my belt.
It was "all I wanted to do" in HS. The reality was it wasn't.
At least I was only two years in when I called it.

There's good money to be made in the trades for sure, and I think it will remain that way for a while yet.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: March 07, 2017, 11:04:23 PM »
One reoccurring theme that I see and whole heartedly agree with, is a hard work ethic. Take a task given and always do it to the best of your ability, no matter the trade or education behind it. This work ethic will get you a lot farther than many of the degrees college kids end up with. I would bet, there are many a story from the folks here who have came from little to nothing and made a good go at it all. While I'm too young to have that story my father has it and the work ethic he instilled in my brothers and I is that of not backing down no matter how hard the task.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »
I'm not sure it has been mentioned yet... those kids that jump right into the 4-year university rather than starting at a community college. Test the waters, get some of the prerequisites out of the way and transfer them to a 4-year if you're really serious about it - and for a lot less $$$!

Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs is a HUGE proponent of trade schools and getting kids back into the trades.  I've also seen Mike Holmes talking about getting more females into the trades. I completely agree. Love those guys!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: March 07, 2017, 11:36:31 PM »
I came from a poor & broken home. Even got side tracked during my teenage years which took until my early 20's to straighten out.

Couple things I look back on that made a difference.

First, family & prayer. There were those that prayed a lot for me & I can't repay them.

Second, hard work as I never lacked that & hard work will open doors to opportunity. I've repayed that many times over to younger guys who were willing to work hard for an opportunity. I always enjoyed being able to give back.

Third, blessings which include a wife who again prayed for me & blessed me with three daughters who are still straightening me out.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: March 07, 2017, 11:39:16 PM »
I liked Holmes old shows much better than the current.

I don't care what gender you are (or think) if you can do the job. Dealt with lots of that as a deputy. More time off, always getting hurt (always) and we protect them naturally.

However I agree with the ethics and do your best.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: March 08, 2017, 05:58:14 AM »
The college visit went very well. We came out feeling a lot more positive than we did going in. Is southeast community college in Milford Ne. We met with a few professors. They actually work on customer vehicles. Students have the option to be sponsored by one of the big 3. Chevy Dodge Ford and specilize of do general mechanics and do a little bit of all of them. I was impressed and a little jealous I never went. They had engines apart on one side. Transmissions on the other. One was doing  brakes. They have vehicles in there from a early 70s camaro to a newer ford suv.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:43 AM »
He also fished if I recall correctly.....
He's pretty good at that!

Hey, I was just wondering if there is any chance that any of the furniture that he mush have built may still be around???

Imagine sitting at a table that our Lord built with his own hands

No, wait, I guess I'm actually surrounded by stuff he built! :-)))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 09:52:25 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: March 08, 2017, 12:28:02 PM »
It's all his......

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 08, 2017, 11:33:41 PM »
Wow, I'm gone for a couple of days and you guys are on a roll.

On the college thing.

Follow the money.  Every time government gets involved in the financing of something the costs shoot through the roof.  People/businesses rush in to take advantage of a seemingly endless supply of funds. 

Case in point,  take a look at the expenditure on healthcare since the introduction of government funding of Medicare and now the cost of college in the era of easy government backed student loans.

Dirty secret, college tution is one of the only things whose costs have risen faster than even heathcare costs.

Agreed that college is not necessary for everyone.  Work ethic and a willingness to learn go a long way even in todays world.

Now here is a thought.  much like every maligned conservative who has gotten publicity for their cause, (e.g. Joy Villa, Black Rifle Coffee Company, Ivanka Trump to name a few) If someone would start a strictly conservative college, I bet they would have a trail beat to their door
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 09, 2017, 05:08:22 AM »

I'll shut up now. Ha.
I mean, Jesus was a Carpenter! And he is king of the whole world!
He turned water into wine also, 

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 09, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »
I had a big long addition typed out with my thoughts on the mater and fell asleep holding the China phone. It's all gone.   Back to sleep

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: March 09, 2017, 09:04:18 AM »
A good Night's sleep is more important

Well Done!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: March 09, 2017, 10:05:28 AM »
Restraining the cedar deck this morning, just power washed & waiting to dry. Colorado sun & new energetic puppy (all 40# 's of her now) have been hard on the finish.....

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
So we've made it through the blizzard.
It's been a long couple days of zero to near zero visibility.
I can't say how much snow we actually got, but I haven't seen a storm like this at home in my 17 years up here. I have seen them farther north and they're not fun.

Here's one of th mutts after the walk at the onset.

And some of the aftermath...

And how I've been getting to work the past two days.

I'll see if I can get some of he more epic drifts later.

My buddy far the north had it a bit worse, well a lot...
They were lucky enough to open the screen door before going to bed...

And getting dug out. It's in the neighbourhood of a 7 foot snow drift on their deck.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:09:06 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: March 09, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »
I don't miss that at all.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: March 09, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »
no thanks
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: March 09, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
YUCK

Only time I want to see white over my head like that is in an Igloo that I go into voluntarily!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: March 09, 2017, 08:53:49 PM »
I don't miss blizzards.......

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2887 on: March 09, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
I miss snow! Anything frozen that falls from the sky here in Alabama only stays about 10 minutes before it melts. If it stays any longer than that the natives lose their minds.

I worked on the ranger for about 10hrs today. I am out of ideas that don't involve just throwing parts and $$$ at it until I get lucky.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:05:26 PM by longball »

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: March 10, 2017, 07:49:42 AM »
So here's a couple of the streets now.
It will take a week or more to dig this clear out.

Add to the mess that it turned bitterly cold again.
Temps pushing mid thirties to forty below, and wind chill beyond fifty below.

On a plus note, were supposed to get into the plus ten range by next week.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: March 10, 2017, 10:56:35 AM »
Not to be vulgar, but,

F That!!!!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: March 10, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »
Ahhh, Kenny-son, tis just a wee bit...

No wait, you may be right.
It IS however a giant PIA right now.
Sam

Offline Mrwoody

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: March 10, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
Sam,
what do you do to keep your truck running (fuel wise) in those cold temps?
what additives and or fuel heaters are you using?

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: March 10, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »
Sam,
what do you do to keep your truck running (fuel wise) in those cold temps?
what additives and or fuel heaters are you using?
At some point in the fall, October I think the fuel companies switch to 'winter fuel'.
I'm not sure of the blend they use, but I know from my trucking days it is a better blend than number 1 that is found in the northern states. I've gelled on it in the past.
They have some formula that's pretty dang good.

I only add a lubricity improver and in it they claim are anti-gelling additives as well.
I've ran Howes in the past, but it is not available here, and generally I use stuff from Kleen-flo.
In the back I have some Diesel 911, that has some real nasty stuff in it for the injectors, but will melt gelled fuel. Since 2006 when I bought it I've not had any issues. Knock on wood...
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: March 10, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »
Bulding sides on the car trailer getting ready to go to Cincinnati to clean out my wifes aunts house. Might bring back a load of crap, might come home empty. Depends on what we find. She was a kind of a horder.
I Was going to go build a wheelchair ramp for a buddy of mine tomorrow but he found a company that helps low income people with that. So don't have to worry about that.
I finally broke down and bought a tailgator for the camper. So will can have dish network anywhere we go. That's not camping you say? No kidding, I don't camp. I RV.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:36:45 PM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: March 10, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
If someone would start a strictly conservative college, I bet they would have a trail beat to their door

I think there is one....Hillsdale College www.hillsdale.edu

They put out a great newsletter called Imprimus. Very conservative thinking there. They require every student to have a core learning on the Great Books and the US Constitution. They also accept no federal or state money of any type. I remember reading in their newsletter a few years ago about how the Feds had demanded they accept federal money and the affirmative action that goes with it. The college said no they wouldn't. The Feds said they were going to make a stink about it because they weren't accepting minority students. The school replied that not only did they accept minorities, they had been doing so since the late 1800's so pound sand. I give them a lot of credit for staying true to their mission.

Dang Sam that's some serious snow! Glad you made out okay. We had some teasing spring weather the past few weeks and now we're getting a few inches of snow, going to be cold for the next week or so and a nor'easter coming next Tuesday. Should be interesting. Its all my fault.....I got the snowblower ready for summer. Sheesh!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:20:04 PM by Wilbur »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: March 10, 2017, 03:19:37 PM »
I always ran the white bottle 911 when it got to single digits & below. If I recall correctly the red bottle 911 was if you were already gelled up. Never had an issue as long as I followed those rules.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: March 10, 2017, 03:51:19 PM »
I always ran the white bottle 911 when it got to single digits & below. If I recall correctly the red bottle 911 was if you were already gelled up. Never had an issue as long as I followed those rules.
You are correct.
I forgot about the white bottle version.
I have the red for worst case.

Oh, and Wil, I'll try and get some pics from my buddy in Churchill.
They got it far worse.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:52:20 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: March 10, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »
Sam do any of you guys use things like this

http://www.arctic-fox.com/fuel-fluid-warming-products/in-tank-fuel-warming

I have seen discussions of big trucks using these and electric blanket type tank heaters for the real nasty weather. One time in CO it was about 20 below I was working at a roofing contractor....I went out in the yard and this guy (I'll just say he was from a "southern" locale....) was trying to light a fire under his delivery truck to warm it up. I yelled at him and he said indignantly "we do this all the time when it gets cold." I reminded him that it was a gas truck not diesel and that it might not be good for him to blow up his truck. Sheesh.

Love to see them Sam....I love serious snow. Nothing better than when it gets 15 -20 below and the snow squeaks as you walk. Hearing branches exploding in the quiet of the woods. Really tells you you're alive....and you better be smart to stay that way!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 03:58:44 PM by Wilbur »

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: March 10, 2017, 04:38:16 PM »
Bulding sides on the car trailer getting ready to go to Cincinnati to clean out my wifes aunts house.

If you get to cincinnati and need a hand give a shout, I'm just south of there.

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: March 10, 2017, 04:53:26 PM »
I secured an 05 excursion. 2000 miles away from my home (near Houston TX). buying without driving it/smelling or seeing in person. Everything that you normally don't do. I buy cars for a big family of dealerships so its kind of normal, but its different when its your cash. I'm pretty stoked since its the trim level wife wanted, and its been bulletproofed. and 5-8k less than it would be if it was up here in the NW. ill post up the pics once it arrives, were probably a week or more from delivery.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal