Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1339451 times)

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #4000 on: July 16, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »
Long story but I have been trying to figure out why I have a vibration and rumble sound when I apply power at around 58 - 60 mph. I checked all driveline I could. The dealer had it last week and found loose u bolts on the leaf springs on the passenger side. So after having to heat up they were able to tighten. That didn't fix the issue. So this morning I was under and checked the driver side. They were loose also. Not sure why the dealer didn't catch those as well. I used some WD40 rust penetrant and when they didn't budge put a little heat on and tried with breaker bar. Broke it off. Grrr.

So quick trip to O'Reillys auto parts and picked up new U Bolts. I broke off two others and one with persuasion backed off. I wish it would have just broke. It took forever and a lot of sweat to get the one off.

Two installed and tightened up. Test drove and still have the 60 vibration. I think it might be tires. Hard to say.

Passenger side with dealer tightened.

Driver side with new bolts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: July 16, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
What are you working on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #4002 on: July 16, 2017, 08:01:40 PM »

Finished this one and welded up the rebar for the other. Didn't have enough concrete to pour the bottom of the other so will get it next weekend.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:15:26 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: July 16, 2017, 08:31:26 PM »
What are you working on?

It is my 2008 Duramax.

Mike

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: July 16, 2017, 08:38:19 PM »
Nice work on the culvert ends. You going to set a post near the inlet so you can find it if debris get it plugged up? Be a shame to rip it out trying to find it with the tractor.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: July 16, 2017, 10:21:40 PM »
When finished it will have dirt compacted all the way up to the top and then rip rap all around. No chance of debris making it hard to find. If I get it done right there should be little if any debris. I have created a graded area all along that side of the drive that is doing a good job directing water. I lined it with 3x5 riprap and it seems to be doing well. Once I'm done with the culvert and main drainage then I get to finish the other 600 ft of drive with roadbase to eliminate erosion. 

Cruise, do you have a one or two piece driveshaft?

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: July 17, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
My 07 had a vibration that drove me nuts trying to find. Put it on jack stnds, remove the rear wheels and run it up to 60. See if it still does it. If it does get a helper and a yard stick run it back and forth on the drive shaft. Mine was out of balance.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: July 17, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »
When finished it will have dirt compacted all the way up to the top and then rip rap all around. No chance of debris making it hard to find. If I get it done right there should be little if any debris. I have created a graded area all along that side of the drive that is doing a good job directing water. I lined it with 3x5 riprap and it seems to be doing well. Once I'm done with the culvert and main drainage then I get to finish the other 600 ft of drive with roadbase to eliminate erosion. 

Cruise, do you have a one or two piece driveshaft?

TRN- I have a one piece driveshaft.

Jon - The dealer said they took off the driveshaft and checked it along with all of the U joints. I have no leaks from any seals. It is also only when applying power at the 58 to 60 mph range. If you let off the throttle and coast it goes away. Tightening / replacing the leaf spring U Bolts while good to know and do didn't seem to effect it. I'm thinking it might be as simple as tires. They are getting into the 6/32 range they are siped so they might be squirrely. I'm going to replace them at the end of the summer so we will see if the vibration gets worse until then or something blows. LOL  :facepalm:

Thanks for thinking about it.

Mike

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: July 17, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Sure sounds like a driveline issue Mr. Mike.

I had mine do that a couple weeks ago, coming home from the mountains. It just started on that trip....good to know that my 4wd can hold up to 85+ pavement riding.   :facepalm:
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: July 17, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »
Ken, that is what I have been chasing for sure. I might have to take it to a drive shaft shop and have them check for balance. The Dealership said they took it out and checked it but who knows HOW they checked it? Rolled it down the driveway?  :knucklehead:

It is just has to be a harmonic thing if it is only around 60 mph and only if you have throttle on. I had my 100K service done not too long ago and wondered if they forgot to put rear Diff fluid back in. Might have to check that tonight.

Things that make you go Mmmmm
Mike

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: July 17, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »
I've seen pinion bearings lose their preload, but that usually is a "deceleration only" scenario. if they forgot your diff oil you'd be cooked by now.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:22 PM »
Started running conduit for hot tub & seperate gfi breaker box. Ran conduit large enough to accommodate open spaces in gfi box in case I need to add other plugs in future thinking gen setup plug & maybe an rv plug for when relatives visit. Then hung gfi sub box. At this point measured up rest of conduit run & ran to HD to buy that & should finish sometime tomorrow. Once all the sch 40 pipe is ran I'm going to run a couple feet of flex to connect to hot tub panel. Then measure wire, buy & do final hook ups.

No pics it's conduit & that's just boring anyhow.......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: July 17, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »
I was thinking about Mike this afternoon. Had an '07 obs come in with a vibration from 50ish to 70mph. Transfer case was empty, except for the teaspoon of aluminum soup that drained out. The owner is not real happy with the local Quick Lube guys at the moment.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:45 PM »
My old tires did that on my Dmax. Coopers are better and I run them in 5th OD now.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 18, 2017, 07:12:04 AM »
Ken, that is what I have been chasing for sure. I might have to take it to a drive shaft shop and have them check for balance. The Dealership said they took it out and checked it but who knows HOW they checked it? Rolled it down the driveway?  :knucklehead:

It is just has to be a harmonic thing if it is only around 60 mph and only if you have throttle on. I had my 100K service done not too long ago and wondered if they forgot to put rear Diff fluid back in. Might have to check that tonight.

When I had mine at the dealer they put it on the lift and ran it. There was minimal vibration. When I put it on jack stands at home and ran it, the vibration was so bad I thought my mirrors were going to shake apart. I think the lift must have absorbed some of the vibration.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: July 18, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
Aluminum soup = BAD.. ouch.

Mine has all of it's fluids. The 100k service was at a Ford dealer so maybe they sabotaged it... LOL. Just joking.

It has all new brakes, rotors and calipers within 20K miles. New Right Front Axle  at 92821. It had the Rear drive shaft slip yoke replaced at 57431 miles. So lots of near new parts. Hmmm

Thanks for all of the advice. I will keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse.

:likebutton:
Mike

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: July 18, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »

When I had mine at the dealer they put it on the lift and ran it. There was minimal vibration. When I put it on jack stands at home and ran it, the vibration was so bad I thought my mirrors were going to shake apart. I think the lift must have absorbed some of the vibration.

I think it depends on the lifting point.  You probably put your jacks on the axle where the shop used the frame.   

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 18, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »
Wasn't today, but yesterday on my lunch break, I registered for the 20 mile Veteran's Suicide Awareness Ruck.. Yes I said 20, according ot the new numbers the number of Vets that lose the battle has dropped to 20, still too high though.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: July 18, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
20 is better than 22, BUT it's still 20 too many.

Survived the weekend festivities...now shopping up and packing for the drive home.
Quick tune up at the chiropractor, pick up the hounds and start the trek home.
Planning to hit the road by 16-1700 which puts me home best case by 0400.
Likely have a snooze along the way unless HH6 takes the ranes for a few hours wen I need it.
Day started at 0600 with parts procurement for boat among others.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 19, 2017, 02:35:16 PM »
So long story short, pulled into town at 0500.
Needed an hour about 80 miles from home.

Currently at the cabin, plotting out the running water install.
Wicked SW wind (30 gusting to 45 I'd guess), had to add an extra rope to the boat on the mooring whips. Whitecaps crashing over the top of the dock, 3-4 foot high. Man I love me the mooring whips on days like today.

Will be making a quad run across the island to pick up my water tank at some point.
Once my service is good, likely going to Imgur to start pics up again.
Holding out hope that photobucket loosens up some when everyone leaves, and my links come back to usefulness.

Solar update:
Still have yet to need generator since the cut over.
Full overcast still charging up to 6 amps.
Currently mostly cloudy, 28.2 battery volts, 39.6 Amps charging. 1110 watts in.
Not bad for 1060 watts of panel set at winter angle.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: July 19, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »
So long story short, pulled into town at 0500.
Needed an hour about 80 miles from home.

Currently at the cabin, plotting out the running water install.
Wicked SW wind (30 gusting to 45 I'd guess), had to add an extra rope to the boat on the mooring whips. Whitecaps crashing over the top of the dock, 3-4 foot high. Man I love me the mooring whips on days like today.

Will be making a quad run across the island to pick up my water tank at some point.
Once my service is good, likely going to Imgur to start pics up again.
Holding out hope that photobucket loosens up some when everyone leaves, and my links come back to usefulness.

Solar update:
Still have yet to need generator since the cut over.
Full overcast still charging up to 6 amps.
Currently mostly cloudy, 28.2 battery volts, 39.6 Amps charging. 1110 watts in.
Not bad for 1060 watts of panel set at winter angle.
... :likebutton:
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: July 19, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »
It's not often I get to build a 455 for an old goat... the one I posted a couple months back..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: July 19, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »
Nice Ken! :likebutton:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: July 19, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
Nice true blue!
 :likebutton:
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: July 19, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »
Nice Ken.  Helped a buddy years ago build one that was full on performance.  The intake ports were almost big enough to stick my fist into

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: July 19, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »
Thanks guys. This one was built a few hundred miles from here and made it less than 100 miles before spinning a rod bearing. He didn't want to take it back to that guy and shipped it down to me. Hope my rebuild makes it at least 200 miles. haha

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: July 20, 2017, 07:01:56 AM »
Sent my wife and sister in law to go get my pickup from the shop. They spent the day at the outlet malls. I sure hope this fixes my problem. She runs really good now. They added a 65 up tune. I hit the peddle and were gone. We are pulling the camper 3 hours away on a weekend fishing trip. Its suppose to be 100 degrees today 101 tomorrow ambient temperature. So that will test it. We are going to Spencer Nebraska. On the niobrara river. Theres a small power dam there that they are going to open up and abandon soon so we want to get up there while the fishing is still good. I hope to have some some good pics to share Monday.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: July 20, 2017, 07:08:38 AM »
Up early to head to McMiller Sports - a rifle range, to break-in/sight-in the AR10!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: July 20, 2017, 07:44:53 AM »
Up early to head to McMiller Sports - a rifle range, to break-in/sight-in the AR10!

I was shooting there a few weeks ago.  I was there the Saturday afternoon of the 4th of July weekend so it was busy.  Nearly all of the lanes where being used at all times.  I would think on a weekday it would be a lot less busy.  A lot different than my normal shooting in a field.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: July 20, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
Sweet looking engine Ken.....those big blocks are just so great. And I love The Judge- from how the GM designers conned the execs into thinking they were producing a different car when they wanted a muscle car all along, to the sound of that big block rumble. Just so great.

Got back from my fishing trip yesterday. So great being without electronics of any type for 3 days. We were the only ones fishing on the lake. So awesome. Moose, loons, eagles, kingfishers, and brook trout. What a great time. There is something religious about gliding a canoe over glass like water as the sun is setting. The silence becomes loud. Just so soul cleansing. But back to the grind today!   

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: July 20, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Sighted-in the AR10 - check that thread for photographic proof!  Really happy with it!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: July 20, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
Mike I was In your neck of the woods for about 8 hours. Toured the south side. Felt naked with out my glock.

Ken that pic also reminded me how much I hate changing the water pump on an Oldsmobile ESP that little bypass hose that would forever crack and leak

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 06:07:50 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: July 24, 2017, 12:43:49 AM »
Taking my truck back to the original configuration inside, no more jump seat. 

I pulled the carpet out and washed it out, amazing what scouts spill on the floor and just leave there, looked like hot chocolate in two large spots.

Pulled all the seats out and cleaned the under side and top sides, currently putting things back.
Pre removal

Back seat installed with amplifiers

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: July 24, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »
Aside from a few problems We had a great time this weekend. Even though it was so hot. We went up to Spencer Ne to a dam on the niobrara river. Camped out , did some fishing and made some new friends. Its a pretty good drive from the house but worth it. We will be back. There is a private campground within walking distance with full hookups and WiFi for $20 a night

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: July 24, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »
Up at 5:30am to run dogs and train horses in Ozarks of MO.  Done by 11:30am, flopped in pool and went to lunch at corner store in Morgan, MO and had a "Pony Shoe" and a Coke for lunch. That's a burger on a slice of toast, covered with fries and cheese then smothered with ketchup and "Slap Yo Mamma" seasoning.  Now finished a nap in the camper enjoying the AC.  Yesterday was 100 with low humidity, but still enjoyable with a breeze and shade.....of course ice cream helped!

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4035 on: July 24, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
Morgan Mo? Amish assist on the horse training?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: July 24, 2017, 11:35:07 PM »
Today I negotiated to purchase a small piece of land that adjoins my property (hide/retirement site).  When the survey's were done in the late 1800s, there was no farm road so when the road was put in, it cut corners off several tracts.  This resulted in a small piece of the tract across the street being adjacent to mine but on my side of the road.  I've been trying to square up my property for a couple of years now and I got the chance today.  The seller obviously has leverage since it is worth much more to me than anyone, so I overpaid for it but it will now be transformed into a real large scale garden over the next couple of years.  Its the only area aound me that is cleared so it will be a great use of the land.  I'm thinking I'll high fence it and plant some fruit trees and row crop it.  I'll sign the papers thursday..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: July 24, 2017, 11:47:32 PM »
Today I negotiated to purchase a small piece of land that adjoins my property (hide/retirement site).  When the survey's were done in the late 1800s, there was no farm road so when the road was put in, it cut corners off several tracts.  This resulted in a small piece of the tract across the street being adjacent to mine but on my side of the road.  I've been trying to square up my property for a couple of years now and I got the chance today.  The seller obviously has leverage since it is worth much more to me than anyone, so I overpaid for it but it will now be transformed into a real large scale garden over the next couple of years.  Its the only area aound me that is cleared so it will be a great use of the land.  I'm thinking I'll high fence it and plant some fruit trees and row crop it.  I'll sign the papers thursday..
Good for you!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: July 25, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »
Awesome Tex!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: July 25, 2017, 11:15:26 AM »
Great.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: July 25, 2017, 12:39:04 PM »
That's great tex the only dirt I own is stuck to my shoes!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: July 25, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
Changing the fluid and internal filter today. The fluid is still a nice red and no junk in the pan. The transfer case fluid on the other hand was pretty dirty and I could see some silver floating around. Its probably orignal fluid. Front and rear diffs are next once I get this back together.

2 trips to Napa and still don't have the right filter. This one the white one is just a hair too long. I can't get the pan back on. So I called the store and they are checking to see if the make another one.

If you don't have a lift in your shop and you have the means to get one I would suggest you do so. It makes these so much eaiser. I just wanted to put in a pit I'm so glad no one listened to me. I am grateful to work at a place that lets me work on my own stuff.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: July 25, 2017, 03:54:16 PM »
Changing the fluid and internal filter today. The fluid is still a nice red and no junk in the pan. The transfer case fluid on the other hand was pretty dirty and I could see some silver floating around. Its probably orignal fluid. Front and rear diffs are next once I get this back together.

2 trips to Napa and still don't have the right filter. This one the white one is just a hair too long. I can't get the pan back on. So I called the store and they are checking to see if the make another one.

If you don't have a lift in your shop and you have the means to get one I would suggest you do so. It makes these so much eaiser. I just wanted to put in a pit I'm so glad no one listened to me. I am grateful to work at a place that lets me work on my own stuff.

Jon,
The white filter is for the deep pans. Unless the pan has been changed you'll need the black internal filter. I believe you can see the Allison part number in the second picture. 

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:57:30 PM by longball »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: July 25, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
That is an interesting lift, is that portable or solidly secured to the ground?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: July 25, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
That lift is moveable. We've had just about everything up on it. From a skidloader to a straight truck. Each stand will lift 12,000 lbs. It picks up by the tires so you just adjust it for the tire size. It came with some massave jack stands so you can remove the tires if you need to. They go about 5 ft tall so by the time you put that under the axle you still have plenty of head room.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 04:54:10 PM by Farmer Jon »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: July 25, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
Thanks longball we got it figured outexcept Napa only had it in a kit with the gasket. $50. If I need something now I'm kinda stuck with Napa. Its only 8 miles away. Carquest is 15. Anything else is 50 miles away.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:29:53 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: July 25, 2017, 11:24:33 PM »
Today I saw what happens when a grinding wheel comes apart and a large chunk of it impacts thigh meat. Note to self: always buy the best wheels possible.

Continued the search for a 4 door truck for our expanding family. Almost pulled the trigger on a half ton GMC with the 5.3 but am really struggling with the thought of not having a HD truck available to me. Yesterday I had 1,800lbs of hardwood flooring in the back of my LB7. I couldn't have done that in a 1500.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: July 26, 2017, 01:16:46 AM »
Hope that wasn't your thigh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!! The 5.3 is solid and gets good mileage, but 4 doors are great. If you find a 8.1 go for it. About the same mileage as the 6.0 but way more power. Of course, there is always a trailer, best of both worlds.

Nice job TRN, I need to badly (land)

Kids and wife are at a bible camp until Sat, I went to Reno. Cabelas, Scheels, Summit Racing, 4WheelParts and played a few 1 arms (broke even)

Bought a new Viper for the 300aac Ruger, Kayak for the kids, and some 22. First time in years someone wasn't calling every 15min to see where I am, was great! Lasted until the trip home, then got a call. But I'm good until Sat as stated.

Mom goes in for another procedure in the AM. Cleaning the arteries they couldn't get done the first time.

If shes OK, going fishing Friday all alone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: July 26, 2017, 07:53:57 AM »

Continued the search for a 4 door truck for our expanding family. Almost pulled the trigger on a half ton GMC with the 5.3 but am really struggling with the thought of not having a HD truck available to me. Yesterday I had 1,800lbs of hardwood flooring in the back of my LB7. I couldn't have done that in a 1500.

I sold my LMM February and got into a F150.  I am currently looking for a 2500 with a 6.0.  Drove one Monday and have 3 of them I plan to check out tonight.  Mostly I don't like the Ford but there have been a few occasions now where a 2500 would have been nice.  I test drove a 2015 1500 Silverado last night also.  If none of these 2500 work out I will probably start looking at a 2014+.  I need the crew cab but also want the 6.5' bed.  Found out last night that GM has stop sale on the 2014s.  They were all pulled off the lots.  Should be back out in a few weeks I was told.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 07:55:00 AM by Bear9350 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal