Hello Guest

Author Topic: X26 Taser  (Read 2403 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
X26 Taser
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:04:07 AM »
Any of you LE guys have experience with these?

$1000 rig sold as trade in for $200.

I was thinking about picking one up.  Pros, Cons, other advice is appreciated.  Cartridges are available readily it seems, so after I accidentally taser myself, I should be able to reload it.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/TASER-X26-Blade-Tech-Holster-USED-p/x26.htm
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: X26 Taser
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 10:15:08 AM »
Charles, what scenario are you thinking you may need one of these? Curious.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 10:33:27 AM »
...He still has kids living at home...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 10:39:19 AM »
...He still has kids teenage girls living at home...

Fixed it....

When the boys start showing up, I'd like to start with less than lethal.....rubber bullet and then if they are really persistent, the taser....

Seriously, I don't know yet.  Maybe in areas where I'm legally required to not carry a firearm
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »
In reference to the teenage girls. My strategy is to get the word out early via an independent source (neighbor boy my girls think is a dork for lack of better term). You see I intimidated him early on in a respectable fashion.

There was a public fireworks display my girls were at with friends a couple summers ago. Said dork comes up to one of my daughters at the event and refers to women as female dogs. I then do not go looking for Dork but see him and four of his buddies a couple days later walking down the street (wonderful, I love an audience and 5 boys is better than one as they all have mouths & can give testament). I pull over truck roll down window and tell Dork to come here. My wife several blocks from home didn’t want to be a part of this gets out of truck & starts walking afraid of what I might do I think? So I ask Dork about the incident, he fumbles & stammers around lying about the interaction. I listen for a minute then interrupt him abruptly & start the correction then proceed with the explanation in detail of what will happen if this ever happens again.

So now he goes and tells all his friends & anyone that will listen that these three sisters Dad is a grizzly bear......(yeah literally that’s what he says). Not to mention Dork’s Mom thanked me a few days later. I will add dork apologized to my daughter and was given a talking to by my wife as well that day & an explanation of how one should act if they ever want to date a girl that is respectable.

In any case, I like the taser idea & rubber bullets if all else fails prior.... :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
Teenage boys should work fine Meth head 45 ACP works better. Taser are great but some people can fight through the shock and still keep going. Good side the X26 can shot the probs or you can remove the cartridge and contact shock the person. Bad side I have had to fight 2 guys that when I shot them one of the wires came off the probs and with out both in the guy no shocking effect. Just always have a back up plan. Please check local laws some places have laws about joe blow having police type equipment but in my book it is better to be judged by 12 in place of carried by 6

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »
Good feedback there OK.  I think I'm fine in Texas but I'll check. Where I can't legally carry a firearm I always have a knife which would likely be the backup to a taser. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 09:16:40 PM »
Meh... all I can say is good luck! They are generally *junk* by the time we get rid of them... I would spend a couple more hondos and buy a C2

Easier to conceal, just as painful. Painful longer!
With any taser device, it’s only as good as the connection you have on the degenerates end. Spread too close and it’s just a high dollar cattle prod. If they are wearing much more than a T-shirt, it’s a coin toss as to whether or not you will get a good connection. The more you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 09:23:12 PM »
Also good feedback Blaine. So are they junk if the catridge is replaced?  Or what goes bad on them? Just don't know enough about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 12:40:01 PM »
So tasers have basically 4 parts. Only two of which are commercially available for replacement, the cartridge and the digital power Magazine. The other two parts, the pulse generator and the pulse controller are integral to the unit and when they malfunction you have to replace the whole unit. In my agency we don’t have the funds to issue every officer their own taser and many departments are the same way. Pre deployment the officer *should always* remove the cartridge and cycle the weapon for a complete 5 second cycle. PD’s run 24/7/365. They are expensive and we only replace them when they are done, or when taser offers us a screaming hot deal on new units. It’s a coin toss as to whether or not you will get a handle that is a trade in or a replacement. Either way, if it is a three shift department, the unit will potentially have run three times a day for several years. Tasers are solid products, but everything wears out eventually. It’s not like a LE trade in Sig or Glock which generally have more external wear than internal wear, and where every part is commercially available and easy to get. Long story short it’s a 200$ gamble. Might get a great deal, might get a lemon!

Molon Labe!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 01:02:11 PM »
Thanks Blaine.  Appreciate the feedback.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
Well all I can add is they don't need to make contact with the skin. Sure its better but even into your clothes it will knock you down. Been on the ride when wearing a jacket.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 10:03:50 PM »
Now this is a little bigger but could be fun on teenage boys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjfb59nkzVo

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 10:39:48 PM »
Well all I can add is they don't need to make contact with the skin. Sure its better but even into your clothes it will knock you down. Been on the ride when wearing a jacket.

Not doubting your experience JR, but there’s a lot of factors that play in to that and getting full lockup through a jacket is the exception, not the rule especially with the “x” models. They aren’t made to have the “penetration” that the old “m” series did. Disconnect is more and more common the “better” they get. Has a lot to do with how the garment lays on the body as well.

Molon Labe!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 11:28:43 PM »
You know more than I with these Blaine. I saw the same add and noticed it was the model we used is all.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal