Hello Guest

Author Topic: New dad advice  (Read 653 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New dad advice
« on: April 13, 2022, 10:20:10 PM »
Our student ministry pastor is going to be a frist time dad. I would like to give some useful tips before the baby comes some fun and some practical. I have already given him
1) take mom in for a manicabout 3 weeks before the baby is due so she won't have nails to dig into his hands during a contraction

2) Ask the doctor for the owners manual when the baby comes.

Do you guys have any other great words of wisdom?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: New dad advice
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:27:19 PM »
Stock pile diapers!

Take turns being up at night or both get up to see what’s the matter

Pre make formula bottles before the night begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 06:12:04 AM »
Don’t let the baby sleep in the bed with you, move them to their own room quickly and resist the urgent to run and pick them up everytime they cry.  It took my wife a long time to get any sleep because she was running to pick her up every time she cried.  I finally had to take the baby monitor away from her and turn it almost completely off on my side of the bed and sure enough the first night the baby started crying about 2am.   I let her cry for about 20 minutes and she feel back asleep and slept through the night and slept through the night ever since.

During birth, stay by her head.  If the nurse tells you to come watch the birth, just stay near her head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 06:59:50 AM »
Use common sense.  Every peep the baby makes isn't an emergency.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 08:03:03 AM »
As new parents, and especially a new mom they probably have some pre-conceived plans on how they want to raise the baby. Often times, those plans may need to be thrown out. 
Example; my wife had every intention of breast feeding the first baby until she was 1 yr old or something.  She really struggled for the first 3 weeks, constantly feeding during the day and up all night.  That's when we realized she wasn't able to produce enough and our daughter was simple hungry all the time. Switched to a hybrid of breast feeding/ pumping and mixing formula in. The baby was happy and started sleeping really well and so did we.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 08:36:52 AM »
One thing I've seen is the medical people are keen and quick to get a lable on the child. It's ADHD or slow this or that disorder. Don't have ears to hear them but keep that child covered in prayer. Always remember Jesus can heal anything. There is no bad or imperfect child. Whatever he/she and there is only a he/she comes out as, that's that and God wouldn't have given you anything you can't handle.
My daughter just found out from "the doctor" her middle child has autism. Although the family wanted to go straight to being crushed, I started praying for that family to be given the strength to handle the challenges that lie ahead. Things are never as bad as someone might first say. A person is mortal, and if you truly believe in the power of God, then you know your relationship with him has a lot of bearing on the outcome regardless of how the race starts.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal