Hello Guest

Author Topic: Congratulations on Site Don!  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Tedram

• Registered
    • View Profile
Congratulations on Site Don!
« on: September 18, 2014, 02:37:02 PM »
Followed you here from the Duramax Forum... Looking forward to the new adventure.
2008 GMC 3500 HD CCLB Dually with EFI Live Tunes by Idaho Rob/DSP5 Switch/DPF delete 4" MBRB exhaust/S&B Dry Filter Intake/Edge CTS monitor w/EGT probe/AD 165 Liftpump/Titan 62 Gallon fuel tank/XD Monster wheels/ReTraxPro Bed Cover/Firestone Air Bags and a EGR Blocker plate in the glove box waiting for the the stars to align to install.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations on Site Don!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
Followed you here from the Duramax Forum... Looking forward to the new adventure.
So good to see you here
Notice the moderators??? All great men we met over at D-Max
I guess we aren't actually open yet, but what the heck, dive right in
And
If you or anyone has a suggestion, keep it to yourself!
Gotcha! Seriously, suggest away. Overwatch09 is on point and raising us from the ashes of interweb wasteland...but he's watching everything...Man's insane!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:56:19 AM »
Congrats as well Don,
i quietly read everything you posted on DF & just take it all in as my daily fix.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:44:35 AM »
Also followed from the Duramax Site. Looking forward to the Fellowship on these pages. :) A lot broader topics and should be some great build info.

Congrats on the site Don and all of the moderators that will help keep it ship shape.

Mike
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
looking like it is finally happening, keep up the good work

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Thank you for all of us
I'd like to point out, I am not the man, just a guy with an idea. But what I do have is some pretty outstanding people standing around me in the form of Moderators who are sacrificing their personal time and no doubt money as well, and who knows what else to make this happen. I am also blessed with a stand up group of real men, You folks know what Is really going on here, and know it or not, you are a part of that process. We will certainly have fun ourselves, but let us always be mindful of the father's work. We are seed planters and sometimes, we get to be harvesters,
So fellow fishermen, welcome to this new place. I'm excited to see what he does here!

Offline OVERWATCH_09

• DESTROYER OF PROFILES
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »
Glad to see all these guys from Dmax, y'all make sure you aren't strangers around here.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Also followed over from the Duramax site. Well done so far guys, looks like this will be a great place full of all kinds of info.
Looking forward to seeing this site grow!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 11:42:51 AM »
Welcome

Don
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 12:37:20 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Mike L.

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
Hi Don.
I just found out about this. Hope I can contribute.
I am finaly reading your book and absolutely love it.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »
Hey Mike, how's it goin out there?
Welcome to the site!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »
Mike,

Took you this long to get to it!

You're banned for life!

Naw, tell ya what, I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself

BTW folks Mike is like the smartest transmission guy on earth. We are lucky to have him

Mike, dig in and post away.

You'll be proud of me, I am about to dig in and build an ancient A518 all by me lonesome...probably have 4 reverse gears and one forward when I get done, but what the hay, nothing ventured, nothing gained...Right

Welcome aboard Mike!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:05:52 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Mike L.

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
You sent me the book quite a while ago and it wound up in the read books closet. :-[  I remembered the book and realized I hadn't read it.
Let me know if you need any help with your 518/618. I can send you a manual if you need.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
You sent me the book quite a while ago and it wound up in the read books closet. :-[  I remembered the book and realized I hadn't read it.
Let me know if you need any help with your 518/618. I can send you a manual if you need.

I purchased the ATSG manual and watched the vid. I think I can handle the basic stuff.

Not sure where to drill that extra hole for the additional lube though, you know where that hole goes?

I was thinking I would make that book into an audio book myself, as in me read it and then offer it here on the site as a download. I'd give a whole bunch of extra comment to tell you the rest of the story sort of thing. Have to get that OK'd with the publisher in London though. Wouldn't want M5 comin' after me or anything!

Offline Iron Mike

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 05:29:43 PM »
Wow, I hadn't been on the D'Max forum in a long time. Finally got caught up on candybar fires, surgeries and new web sites. Came right over and got a lifetime subscription. I got $50 worth of knowledge & enjoyment off the other site for free, so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything over here. My new place to hang out. I have a 2003 on the end of my name on the dmax forum. Thanks Don for all you have shared in the past and I'm sure in the future. I hope you continue your recovery. I am looking forward to all the sharing to come.
Mike

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »
Wow, I hadn't been on the D'Max forum in a long time. Finally got caught up on candybar fires, surgeries and new web sites. Came right over and got a lifetime subscription. I got $50 worth of knowledge & enjoyment off the other site for free, so I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything over here. My new place to hang out. I have a 2003 on the end of my name on the dmax forum. Thanks Don for all you have shared in the past and I'm sure in the future. I hope you continue your recovery. I am looking forward to all the sharing to come.
Mike
Welcome Mike
I think this place will be amazing...and not by my doing but by the will of a certain higher power and all the amazing people he is going to lead here
I have a ton of stuff coming right up myself, but I think I need to be just the side show. Have garage builds, hide sites to discover, that powerwagon build...I want to paint D-Max OD green and now, I guess I want to put that straight axle in it again. Going to build a trailer worthy of either truck, and I think we just might get Chevy to allow me to film and participate in the building of the "Official" RM Dually. I'll realistically need a heavy hauler that could possibly haul a couple trucks to a convention or something
Bottom line...lots of talent has come over here, and once it gets going and we get all the stuff copied over here, it will only improve
Thanks for coming over!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 12:13:43 AM »
Going to build a trailer worthy of either truck

Seriously, grab a surplus military trailer, it'll use the same wheels/tires you have on D2/CMax (eventually). It's dirt level simple, cheap, easy to work on, and as an added bonus, it's ALREADY OD.. Well most of them, unless you go colorblind and buy a desert camo'd one.

If I would've gotten the 6.2, I was going to buy one of the surplus military trailers and set it up. The 6.2 had a pintle on it already.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »
welcome mike
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 06:28:14 AM »

Welcome Mike!

From Mike; Mike.........
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:45 AM »
Mike

Hello Mike-

Mike.....Mike, Mike, Mike.........it is Wednesday!  Damn Camel!  (Hump Dayyyy!)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal