Hello Guest

Author Topic: FNP-45 Tactical  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
FNP-45 Tactical
« on: August 09, 2015, 03:04:32 PM »
What do we know about this pistol?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: FNP-45 Tactical
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
It looks to be polymer, possibly in desert colors. :)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
Ken, you forgot to mention the external hammer and threaded barrel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
Clunky, not very comfortable in the hand. Supposedly shoots rather well, haven't had the chance to snap a few rounds off in one. 
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »
Clunky, not very comfortable in the hand. Supposedly shoots rather well, haven't had the chance to snap a few rounds off in one. 
15 + 1 and optics
My G21 has 15 rounds, no optics
Never had optics on a pistol, unless you count the time I set my sunglasses on my glock after church

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »
15 + 1 and optics
My G21 has 15 rounds, no optics
Never had optics on a pistol, unless you count the time I set my sunglasses on my glock after church

I've held one at Cabela's or one of the tactical gun shops in the area, can't remember which. It didn't have optics, you gotta add them; at least this one didn't. I wasn't impressed by it, but hey to each their own I suppose. The controls and etc were easy to operate as they are pretty large, well compared to HK, Glock, M&Ps which are generally smaller, so I suppose those would be nice if wearing gloves or whatnot.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 05:17:27 PM »
Ken, you forgot to mention the external hammer and threaded barrel.
I didn't want to state the obvious.

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »
I kind of like it, in a non CC sort of way

I'm carrying now all the time while in certain venues I attend. Just picked up a Fox Tactical OD Green, inside the shirt, and under the arm, CC holster and extra mag combo.

It fits the G19/23/30/21/M1911, and M9. A bit generous for the M&P compact, but that works in a loose sort of way.

With that thing, I might go back to a .45 for CC. I like the setup on that FNP tactical. Thinking of finding one with an optic and see if it carries. Optic: Good for what I may have to do.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 10:13:48 PM »
I kind of like it, in a non CC sort of way

With that thing, I might go back to a .45 for CC. I like the setup on that FNP tactical. Thinking of finding one with an optic and see if it carries. Optic: Good for what I may have to do.

Why don't you get your Glock set up to run an RMR with suppressor sights? Same concept. Same platform you're already familiar with, probably more cost effective. But if you are looking at it as a " I want something new to shoot, because I want one" then Charlie Mike. But if it's just a " it has an optic, 15 rds mags, and a threaded barrel" then acquire the necessary items and get one of your already owned weapons retrofitted and move out.

Either way, pics are required.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:12 AM »
Yea, if I went big, it would be hard to argue against the G21 I own and know well, Heck even the G30 which I have dumped a case or two of ammo through.

I actually an a bit of a fan of the M9 because of all those years carrying that monster. Mine has never malfunctioned, and I seldom clean it. It just runs, and thousands of rounds now

So when they start talking a new Armee gun, I sit up and pay attention!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 03:44:18 PM »
Yea, if I went big, it would be hard to argue against the G21 I own and know well, Heck even the G30 which I have dumped a case or two of ammo through.

I actually an a bit of a fan of the M9 because of all those years carrying that monster. Mine has never malfunctioned, and I seldom clean it. It just runs, and thousands of rounds now

So when they start talking a new Armee gun, I sit up and pay attention!

I'm not an M9 fan, but I don't see it being replaced anytime soon. Hopefully,maybe, wishfully...

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »
I owned one.  Had a trijicon RMR on it.  I bought it when they were first released back in 2010ish? 
When I first got it it had a tendency to stove pipe.  Most of the Internet research I did at the time was attributing that to a stiff recoil spring and a dislike for certain ammo. Mostly Winchester white box. It had something to do with the OAL of the cartridge.

After 4-500 rounds it settled in and it was pretty reliable. After that I don't remember any malfunctions.

It's size makes it very controllable.  I could never get used to the red dot on a handgun.  I kind of wish I hadn't got rid of it but I traded it for a 9mm shield and a .380 bodyguard plus some store credit.  I get much more use out of those two than I did the FN

It also had an issue with a pin in the trigger walking out of place and the pin hanging up on the frame.  That never happened to me but it was a fairly well documented problem.   It's been replaced by the FNX-45. What the difference in the two is I don't know.   You're going to have to custom order a holster for it as no off the shelf designs exist. Raven makes one and a few others so they are out there and if you leave the red dot off a standard FN45 holster may work.

It is big. It's big. It's a large gun.  But as you said it's 15+1 of .45ACP goodness.  I can't really say anything bad about it as the problems I initially had worked themselves out after it was broke in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal