Hello Guest

Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 1648 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unbelievable
« on: August 01, 2018, 09:51:21 PM »
http://cademartin.com/overwar/

Washington shared targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »
 :popcorn:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 12:01:54 AM »
Thank you Charles, great posting

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 11:50:17 AM »
I think, if memory serves me correctly, that the F-105 Thunderchief "Thud" is the only USAF fighter to have been retired solely due to combat loses.

Not only did they bomb, but check out the "Wild Weasel" mission those guys flew.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 01:58:46 AM »
It also was designed to carry a nuke internally.

Thanks Charles!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 07:17:57 AM »
I think, if memory serves me correctly, that the F-105 Thunderchief "Thud" is the only USAF fighter to have been retired solely due to combat loses.

Not only did they bomb, but check out the "Wild Weasel" mission those guys flew.
Yeah, “we’re not sure where the SAM sites are, lets roll through and see if they shoot at us”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 07:47:38 AM »
Yeah, “we’re not sure where the SAM sites are, lets roll through and see if they shoot at us”

Can you think of another guaranteed way to find things that people want to stay hidden until they shoot a flying telephone pole at you?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you think of another guaranteed way to find things that people want to stay hidden until they shoot a flying telephone pole at you?

the army calls that sensor to shooter.  they get the enemy to reveal their artillery and air defense pieces with a decoy while they (we) have artillery pieces layed in wait/preperation to destroy them or observation birds to mark their locations for bombers or other fixed win aircraft to destroy them.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Unbelievable
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 11:28:36 AM »

https://youtu.be/zzy5z4p5GBQ

Carpet bombing comes to mind

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:29:38 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 01:49:33 PM »

Well, at the width of North Korea or Vietnam I think we could have lined up armored Cat D11’s side by side coast to coast and just pushed. Probably saved some money, lives and won as a result.... :tongue:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 12:21:52 PM »
the army calls that sensor to shooter.  they get the enemy to reveal their artillery and air defense pieces with a decoy while they (we) have artillery pieces layed in wait/preperation to destroy them or observation birds to mark their locations for bombers or other fixed win aircraft to destroy them.

I know this.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:36:53 PM by nmeyer414 »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 01:54:25 PM »
What the heck Bobby! You don’t call & you don’t write, for pete’s Sake we don’t even hear what you have with your siriracha in the morning...  :tongue:

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »
I was wondering about Bobby, and boom!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »

I know this.

:likebutton:

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 10:11:35 AM »
What the heck Bobby! You don’t call & you don’t write, for pete’s Sake we don’t even hear what you have with your siriracha in the morning...  :tongue:

I was wondering about Bobby, and boom!

I've been busy with house searching; which is now on hold, working WAY to much at work, was on vacation in Kentucky a couple weeks ago, I'm on vacation this week, next week I go to Michigan to help with an audit of one of our plants.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 10:15:57 AM »
Good to hear things are going good for you Bobby.  :likebutton:

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Good to hear things are going good for you Bobby.  :likebutton:

They are going, as long as I'm upright and moving I call it even. lol

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
Relationship status??

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 11:08:40 AM »
Relationship status??

Still dating the gf

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »
Incredible site. Thanks for posting.

The Wild Weasel guys were a special kind of crazy. They'd fly until a SAM radar locked them up, then fire a radar guided missile at the SAM radar, hoping it would take out the guidance system before the SAM hit them. That's ballsy as hell!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
Incredible site. Thanks for posting.

The Wild Weasel guys were a special kind of crazy. They'd fly until a SAM radar locked them up, then fire a radar guided missile at the SAM radar, hoping it would take out the guidance system before the SAM hit them. That's ballsy as hell!
Kinda like what our scouts do, closer to, and on the ground...

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »

LOL! Except we have better camouflage!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2018, 03:27:56 PM »

LOL! Except we have better camouflage!
:likebutton:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal