Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327176 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7950 on: October 12, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
Holly crap that thing looks massive!!!!

I changed the oil in my truck 12k in a oil change and decided it would be worth my $ and time to do a double change. So drained old amsoil, added some Walmart Rotella and gonna run her around the block I think Just dump it all out and add my amsoil I have.   This oil is coming out pretty nasty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: October 13, 2018, 07:12:09 AM »
Sitting in a tree stand. Opening day for muzzle loader.  Making a day of it with my son.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:13:00 AM by Atkinsmatt »
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: October 13, 2018, 08:51:41 AM »
Went out and played in the mud again today, and it rained all day. It's been a very long time since we've had this much rain.
Don might recognize this landmark from his flying days. It's a game water catchment in the middle of a mountain pass.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haven't seen it
Near Parker?
I recognize the democratic congressional candidate though...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: October 13, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
Hahaha.

Same area I've been hunting, west of Marana.
Same place I had a couple of A10s practice a gun run on me a few years back. Was told that they (along with C117s I think) train terrain navigation quite a bit out there. Nothing like having one of those freight haulers banking into you at 100', and then targeted by a couple of slow moving dragons when you've been a civy all your life. Lol

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: October 13, 2018, 04:29:58 PM »
Hahaha.

Same area I've been hunting, west of Marana.
Same place I had a couple of A10s practice a gun run on me a few years back. Was told that they (along with C117s I think) train terrain navigation quite a bit out there. Nothing like having one of those freight haulers banking into you at 100', and then targeted by a couple of slow moving dragons when you've been a civy all your life. Lol

You're talking about a VR route
Get a copy of the "Sectional" for your area
It's a VFR (Visual FLight Rules) map used for navigation.
On it you will see amongst other things, lines that appear to be faded into the graphic. These will have a number on them, for example VR439 or IR301. That is the routes number, visual route 439 or IFR (Instrument flight rules) route 301. Look at the margin and find the route that you're interested in and read it about it. It will say something like, "Visual route, 500-1500 feet, east bound, or something like that. That is a route designed under the MTR (Military training Route system where things like A-10's or C-17's can fly way down low in accordance with the rules. You will never find a military pilot who follows those rules. If it says 500 feet as the minimum altitude, most aviators delete one or both of the zeros.
I was going cross country once, somewhere south of albuquerque. I was in a flight of several Chinooks at somewhere around 300-500 feet AGL. I noted on the map that we were approaching a west bound VR route when all of a sudden a B-52 flies under us maybe 100 feet off the deck. Later up in Iraq I had another flight of B-52's fly right up beside me at maybe 150 feet. So yea, mil stuff flies low, mostly because we are not allowed to but we do not really care about some rules. Rules are for wussies.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: October 14, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »
Pulled muscle in my back this morning before church. Most likely a result of tossing heavy boxes up to loft in shop from third ring on step ladder yesterday. Took two muscle relaxers and fought not to fall asleep during service (should have skipped I guess). Feel like crap and it’s a three ring circus at home getting things ready for listing photographer tomorrow.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: October 14, 2018, 06:18:23 PM »
^^^ That and advancing age

It all catches up with us

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: October 14, 2018, 06:53:31 PM »

Maybe but the Breckinridge bourbon will definitely be catching up with me tonight before bed!  :tongue:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:56 PM »

Maybe but the Breckinridge bourbon will definitely be catching up with me tonight before bed!  :tongue:
Good go-to there!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: October 14, 2018, 07:38:44 PM »
So I'm all tired.

We had room clearing training today after church, at the church.

With the crazy level increasing daily in the 'Merica, we are stepping up our training to be ready to squash any credible threat that presents on property. I would have never imagined I'd be training civilians to mil standards and using our techniques. What's more surprising is to see them assimilating the training and getting better every week. Check me here, this is the United States still, right?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: October 15, 2018, 12:34:01 AM »
Installed some doors on some crooked walls at the brothers place. 8 down, 11 to go.
This one didn't have room for trim on the left side.

...and we got a ton of rain again. The first one is my backyard.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:35 AM »
Installed some doors on some crooked walls at the brothers place. 8 down, 11 to go.
This one didn't have room for trim on the left side.

...and we got a ton of rain again. The first one is my backyard.

Build the wall........and a MOAT!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: October 15, 2018, 07:34:02 AM »
We got about an inch of snow Sunday morning. Kids couldn't get outside fast enough to play in it. Jasper was out there in his Pajamas. One of our heifers got a double prolapse Saturday night.  Had to get the vet out. That was fun in the dark. Have to make a call to the butcher this morning. Going to fill another freezer.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: October 15, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
Sounds like life is movin' right along...

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: October 15, 2018, 11:06:34 AM »
Last weekend I flew one of my favorite sites in Big Sur, out of the last five trips up here I have not been able to fly!!  At least this time the weather and wind played nice but it was some of the nastiest wind I have ever para-glided in, lots of active piloting!  But fantastic scenery!

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7965 on: October 15, 2018, 11:14:15 AM »
Then Yesterday I got to do a little beach flying with my PPG, fantastic day super smooth air I flew for 2.5hrs.  The local PD (2ea B/W) came by because some one complained.

At this site we are in the local airports airspace but they are really good if you call them and let them know where your flying and have a radio, once I told the PD that I already talked to the tower it was "have a nice day, have fun" 

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: October 15, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »
takeoff!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7967 on: October 15, 2018, 02:08:26 PM »
That is a beautiful area, Just south of me. Had scout camp there 2 years ago.

Someone always complains in this state,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: October 15, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »

Its really getting under my skin lately, most people are really nice ask a lot of questions thinks it really cool but then you get the people that come over and first question they ask is "do you have a permit"  then "this is not allowed" "you can't fly here" and so on, looking forward to retirement and getting out of this state!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:15:11 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: October 15, 2018, 03:18:54 PM »

Its really getting under my skin lately, most people are really nice ask a lot of questions thinks it really cool but then you get the people that come over and first question they ask is "do you have a permit"  then "this is not allowed" "your can fly here" and so on, looking forward to retirement and getting out of this state!

I thought Liberals were all about everyone doing their own thing..........?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: October 15, 2018, 03:42:27 PM »

Just like speech with them. As long as they like you are OK.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: October 15, 2018, 04:11:33 PM »

Its really getting under my skin lately, most people are really nice ask a lot of questions thinks it really cool but then you get the people that come over and first question they ask is "do you have a permit"  then "this is not allowed" "your can fly here" and so on, looking forward to retirement and getting out of this state!

If your homeless, drug addict, that's taking a dump in the middle of the park, or an illegal with no drivers license, insurance then you are golden, you can do/say what ever you want.

If you work hard, deal with all the bull, pay massive taxes you are the scum of the earth.   Don't even ask what its like to go to the DMV, also if the illegal (sorry undocumented) that is living in their relatives garage and is breaking into all the cars at night and the houses during the day when everyone is at work you are also golden, even when arrested they just let them out because the PD CAN NOT call ICE  to have them deported!

But hey you get 330 clear days a year!   

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7972 on: October 15, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
^^^ With all that crap you can keep your 330 days of good weather, I'll take seasons and rain and the right to shoot the likes of the scum you refer to!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: October 15, 2018, 06:01:10 PM »
phil, I thought you lived in the new England area?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: October 15, 2018, 06:28:25 PM »
Actually, you do have the right of self defense and you do not have to back down from an encounter.

I will not go to SF for anything, I hate even driving through it.

If they tried the goings on here like is going on in Portland, there might be fewer protestors if they try to pull me from my vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:27:27 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: October 15, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »
phil, I thought you lived in the new England area?

Negative!

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: October 15, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
^^^ With all that crap you can keep your 330 days of good weather, I'll take seasons and rain and the right to shoot the likes of the scum you refer to!

From a political stand point I agree with you!  From an opportunity standpoint  I wouldn't of gotten as far in life as I have gotten OR to do the things I have done if I had not been out here.

You can say a lot of things about the cesspool I live in and I will agree with most BUT if you are willing work there is always work/opportunity.  I have had my fill of LA and if I lived in central or northern CA I might feel differently but I'm really tired of this mess they call a state!     
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:07:29 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: October 15, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
Actually, you do have the right of self defense and you do have to back down from an encounter.

I will not go to SF for anything, I hate even driving through it.

If they tried the goings on here like is going on in Portland, there might be fewer protestors if they try to pull me from my vehicle.

I agree with you JR but tell that to the DA as he/she/other tries to make an example out of you before his/her/other political run!  Then try to find a jury that wont convict you just for being what/who you are!  Even if by some miracle you are found not guilty the rest of that persons unemployed/homeless family will try to sue you into oblivion in civil court.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:15:22 PM by wilsonphil »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:23 PM »
I tend to agree with most of what is being said here except it isn't just California that has a problem. Maybe the Tuckey is different don't know, but most all the rest of the states are facing the same problem. Doesn't seam to matter who is in charge of the country, it is the states that are causing the problems we are faced with. Our  state attorney general is a real piece  of  sh** but more like him than not. Hopefully our governor will give up his post and run for the POTUS and loose.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: October 15, 2018, 11:43:48 PM »
Yea, Kentucky is nothing at all like what I hear from the coasts. We are more rural than not, and in the heart of the bible belt. We are conservative in our ways and don't like a bunch of rules and regulations. Life is pretty good when dealing with that as the foundation. No car inspections. Police are respected. We respect the flag, military, clergy, police, the elderly and ladies. We use sir and mam alot along with a host of local "Sayings" that abbreviate what we are saying.

We tend toward common sense although stupid people are constantly coming in and trying to change things. For the most part, we just don't let them do it. Land and homes and life in general is inexpensive and I guess our taxes are too in comparison to the coasts. We do not have a bunch of social programs or homeless people. We have long hunting seasons and a lot of people actually shoot deer for food. The places that process natural game are plentiful. We grow all sorts of stuff so a good percentage of the food is local. We brew our own beer, whisky, bourbon, and shine. We are the nations biggest producer of hardwood, and although millions of trees get harvested, you scarcely notice because the state is big and our population density is low. Heck in the county where my farm is, there are only 2,100 people IN THE WHOLE COUNTY!

You hear gunfire a lot, but none of it is gang or violence related or criminal, people just shoot alot here. On any given weekend you can hear fully automatic gunfire, and we like that. Knob Creek machine gun range is here. The fishing is good with plentiful small mouth bass, catfish, bluegill, and sun grannies. We wave at people we don't know out of habit. We do it all the time. Not in town, but out in the country. A great percentage of us go to church on sundays. A bunch also go on wednesdays and friday nights. We vote republican for the federal offices and oftentimes democrat for the local jobs.

We mind our own business as a rule, and let things slide. We do settle things with knuckles on occasion...Checked that block in the past 10 years! All in all we have little oversight and control, but we seem to manage pretty well without the rules. I like Kentucky

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7980 on: October 15, 2018, 11:55:29 PM »
Not to be a stickler on details but last I checked the tuck led in welfare recipients......

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: October 16, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »
He did say that they let some democrats have power.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: October 16, 2018, 05:57:37 AM »
Phil, come to Texas, the rest of CA seems to have....

No state taxes, relatively cheap real estate, and we’ve created more jobs in the last 10 years than any other state. We are a very pro business state. When BHO was in charge we created more jobs that the rest of the country in a few years.

Now because of that we have every
Major road under construction but hey that’s he price of progress.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: October 16, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »
You live in the good part of Ky. Eastern Ky is a little different. People there will rob you blind. If someone don't like you they simply burn your house down. The place is littered with the remains of burned houses.

Cops, lawyers, doctors and dentist and judges are all corrupt. Everyone has their hand out. You have a back ach and your elbow hurts? 2 separate appointments. You need 3 teeth pulled? That will be 3 seperate appointments.

I don't know if they are still there or not but there were a while bunch of drug addicts living under a bridge in Clay county. They just made thier own little town under there.

Now having said that I love it there. We plan on having a retirement home there. Where is yet to be determined. We have plenty of time before retirement.

That is why we sold my wife's house. It would have sat empty so many years we would have to doze the whole lot when it was time to move back. That and it's in a place we do not want to be in. That is sad because it's where she was born and raised in Owsley county.

Everyone down there says there are 2 Kentuckys. Even as an outsider I can see that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: October 16, 2018, 08:20:27 AM »
It's kind of ironic the guy that burned most the houses down is in jail now. Somebody burned his house down.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: October 16, 2018, 09:56:14 AM »
Not to be a stickler on details but last I checked the tuck led in welfare recipients......
Talk about a sour puss rainin' on someone's parade...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: October 16, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »
It's kind of ironic the guy that burned most the houses down is in jail now. Somebody burned his house down.

There definitely are two distinctly different kentucky's. Remember in the east of the state is where the Hatfields and the McCoys had their little falling out. Ironically, a McCoy was my boy's bible teacher for several years. She was wonderful!

Generalizing always has its pitfalls...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:00:39 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: October 16, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »

No state taxes, relatively cheap real estate, and we’ve created more jobs in the last 10 years than any other state. We are a very pro business state. When BHO was in charge we created more jobs that the rest of the country in a few years.

Looking real hard at Tennessee right now, I have soured a little on the DRY states I like green and things that grow and at lest have water available!  I do love many things about the southwest but I just dont want to live here full time anymore!   

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: October 16, 2018, 02:46:53 PM »

Looking real hard at Tennessee right now, I have soured a little on the DRY states I like green and things that grow and at lest have water available!  I do love many things about the southwest but I just dont want to live here full time anymore!   
States that start with a "T" are all good, either one is a winner. Not quite as hot in the Ten vs the Tex

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: October 16, 2018, 07:12:27 PM »
Got the new door in the duck house. Then had time to get some steel up on it. Just needs a little trim. Running around getting little stuff done before harvest starts Thursday.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: October 16, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
Decided to take my lovely wife to dinner.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: October 16, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
Did you ever make that mushroom crusted steak that we talked about?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: October 16, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
No but that is good perception. That’s the porcini rubbed rib eye with 15 year balsamic glaze.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: October 17, 2018, 10:13:38 AM »
mmm.... porcini rubbed rib eye with balsamic glaze....
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: October 19, 2018, 07:54:25 AM »
Got some new boots a few weeks ago. They FINALLY showed up!!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: October 19, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »
Got some new boots a few weeks ago. They FINALLY showed up!!

I like the flag label hanging off the side. :) Must be made in America!  :likebutton:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: October 19, 2018, 08:55:04 AM »
‘Murica!!

Oh and I ordered my two zone mini split today for the casita. Went with LG

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: October 19, 2018, 12:50:22 PM »
$$$$$

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: October 19, 2018, 01:20:10 PM »
They were pretty convincing at the boot store, $230 plus insoles

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: October 19, 2018, 10:19:59 PM »
Had the scouts, two are my sons, at the house for a camp out. They had bacon wrapped hot dogs for dinner over the fire. I decided to swipe a venison loin steak from the freezer and cook it over the fire, on a stick. Turned out just about perfect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal