Hello Guest

Author Topic: whats for dinner tonight  (Read 241575 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: whats for dinner tonight
« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2016, 10:02:49 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 27, 2016, 10:22:51 PM »
That's awfully (and deliciously) large!  ;)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 27, 2016, 11:54:07 PM »
Biggest pie I've ever seen.  36 inches in diameter and 5 of us could not wreck it....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2016, 01:55:37 AM »
Biggest pie I've ever seen.  36 inches in diameter and 5 of us could not wreck it....

You 5 need to step up your game. That's a worthy opponent, you can't bring less than your A game to the table.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »
I don't want to make excuses, but we did have stuffed mushrooms, calamari, and rolls before the pizza got there.  And, lets examine the math for a moment.  That 36 inch pizza is the equivalent of 6 1/2 14 inch pizzas and there were 2 dudes and 3 chicks on the pizza and the chicks did not hold up their end.

Area of a circle = PI*r^2
14 inch pie 7*7*3.14159=153.94 Sq Inches of pizza
36 inch pie 18*18*3.14159=1017.88 Sq Inches of pizza
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:58:29 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 28, 2016, 09:18:48 AM »
I don't want to make excuses, but we did have stuffed mushrooms, calamari, and rolls before the pizza got there.  And, lets examine the math for a moment.  That 36 inch pizza is the equivalent of 6 1/2 14 inch pizzas and there were 2 dudes and 3 chicks on the pizza and the chicks did not hold up their end.

Area of a circle = PI*r^2
14 inch pie 7*7*3.14159=153.94 Sq Inches of pizza
36 inch pie 18*18*3.14159=1017.88 Sq Inches of pizza

Well since the ladies failed to uphold their end of the unspoken obligation to utterly decimate that pie, I shall withhold passing judgement on the group as a whole.

Avoiding the math, how much did that pizza cost by itself?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »
Point of order here

First, when it comes to eating, we don't really "Want" the girls to hold up their end...if ya know what I'm sayin'

Second. I thought that was some sort of trick photography, not really a man hole cover size pizza.

Third, MAN WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN?

Side note: Gonna' be a good day, a Special Ops Chinook is flying overhead! Makes me want to go attack somethin'

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2016, 10:20:34 AM »
It cost $pride.00x$decency-$whogivesacrapitlooksdelicious.00 so it balances out really.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2016, 10:52:57 AM »
Heard of fuzzy math before

This must be hunger economics!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2016, 12:33:55 PM »
Point of order here

First, when it comes to eating, we don't really "Want" the girls to hold up their end...if ya know what I'm sayin'

Second. I thought that was some sort of trick photography, not really a man hole cover size pizza.

Third, MAN WHAT WERE YOU THINKIN?

Side note: Gonna' be a good day, a Special Ops Chinook is flying overhead! Makes me want to go attack somethin'

1. Normally that would be a valid point, however in dire situations such as that, you have to step it up, it's the unspoken rule of the table.

2. If everyone was properly attired for a battle that you faced, be it; sweatpants, tshirts, jeans or hoodies and not what appeared to be  post-business meeting or official office clothes, the outcome could have been different.

3. That's a valid challenge and I applaud the gallant 5 who attempted to best such a worthy foe.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »
Sounds like what you were missing was...... me. This fatboy could do a number on that sun of a gun.

Though now being on this low-carb diet'ish thing, dominating a pizza would result in tragedy LOL
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:29 PM »
Sounds like what you were missing was...... me. This fatboy could do a number on that sun of a gun.

Though now being on this low-carb diet'ish thing, dominating a pizza would result in tragedy LOL

You're allowed a cheat day. There's no stipulation that says it can't be an EPIC saga worthy cheat day.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

You're allowed a cheat day. There's no stipulation that says it can't be an EPIC saga worthy cheat day.

I always knew that Bobby fella was a solid dude...

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2016, 03:22:08 PM »
I always knew that Bobby fella was a solid dude...

Always a way to find a silver lining, sometimes you just have to play word games.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
Yeah. I don't eat a lot of carbs that was was epic. I needed a nap.  Think Al Bundy on the couch.

I think it was about $50

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »
Yeah. I don't eat a lot of carbs that was was epic. I needed a nap.  Think Al Bundy on the couch.

I think it was about $50

Leftovers for days... worth it.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 28, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
agreed.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 29, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »
Garlic, parmesan, cajun seasoned potato wedges and shrimp. Yes I cut and seasoned the wedges myself. Saw the idea on the Tasty facebook page.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 29, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »
That Tasty page is downright dangerous

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 29, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

It is. I think I'm going to try out the slow cooker BBQ ribs next weekend.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 29, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »

It is. I think I'm going to try out the slow cooker BBQ ribs next weekend.

I saw one yesterday that started with putting a sleeve of oreos in a food processor.... quick flip of the thumb, and temptation gone hahaha
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2016, 09:19:00 AM »
I saw one yesterday that started with putting a sleeve of oreos in a food processor.... quick flip of the thumb, and temptation gone hahaha

That just means you can eat more Oreos.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 31, 2016, 07:30:13 PM »
we had about 8 or so petit sirloins that had been in the freezer since july and decided to grind half and slice the other half and make some chili.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 31, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
well let the simmer for about an hour or so and plate it up!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2016, 10:04:51 PM »
Good Idea...I have some of those tiny Omaha steaks I could combine and grind up and get, what 1/4 pound of meat!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 01, 2016, 02:29:20 AM »
we had about 8 or so petit sirloins that had been in the freezer since july and decided to grind half and slice the other half and make some chili.

Hmm, seems that I have some venison steaks chilling (get it??) in my freezer. So now I'm thinking with this blizzard that's supposed to hit, venison chili is in the cards for Tuesday afternoon...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 01, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »
I think i had like 2 pounds when all said and done; 1lb of cubed and 1lb of ground.

That venison version sounds mouthwatering bobby.

I got the idea for this chili from this recipe.  I did not use the peppers because i didnt feel like going to the store,  so i used some of the home canned tomato sauce, paste and stewed.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/texas-chili.html

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 01, 2016, 08:03:03 AM »
The other night my wife made the most amazing shrimp. I should have taken a picture but I was too busy stuffing my face.

http://damndelicious.net/2014/04/11/garlic-butter-shrimp/

This recipe is real close to what she did. Only change was she put it in the oven on a cookie sheet with a whole sliced lemon.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 01, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
That venison version sounds mouthwatering bobby.

I guess I should say it's not going to be so much of a chili as a chili/stew/madness combo. I have some sliced italian sausage,possibly some shrimp and rice towards the of the cooking time frame. Just kinda of had an idea combining a bunch of my favorite things. I'm still torn between the rice or potatoes. Regardless it will all be done in the crock pot while I'm at work, so I don't have to do anything more than put it in a bowl.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 01, 2016, 01:20:58 PM »
make sure you get a good acidic marinade on that venison about 24 hours before you put in in the crock pot.  that way you can ensure that it will be nice and tender and not chewy.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 01, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
make sure you get a good acidic marinade on that venison about 24 hours before you put in in the crock pot.  that way you can ensure that it will be nice and tender and not chewy.

Don't really have an acidic marinade or any marinade to be honest, I haven't gone grocery shopping yet. I'm just going to cube it up tomorrow morning, brown it up and season it along with the ground beef and let the slow cooker do, what it's going to do. It hasn't let me down before, but we'll see how it goes.

All else fails, you can say "I told you so"

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 01, 2016, 05:34:38 PM »
got any canned pineapple? lemon juice? frozen orange juice concentrate? mix with a little salt and pepper and oil and vinegar(got any of that?) and ziplock that puppy overnight and it will do in a pinch.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 01, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »
here area a few acidic type marinade's:  lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, coca cola, apple cider vinegar (do not use white vinegar, way to strong flavor wise!) here's a link for you.  http://tipnut.com/tenderizers-work/

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:53 AM »
got any canned pineapple? lemon juice? frozen orange juice concentrate? mix with a little salt and pepper and oil and vinegar(got any of that?) and ziplock that puppy overnight and it will do in a pinch.

I did have some canned pineapple. But I drunk the juice after I eat the pineapple.  No lemon juice.

here area a few acidic type marinade's:  lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, coca cola, apple cider vinegar (do not use white vinegar, way to strong flavor wise!) here's a link for you.  http://tipnut.com/tenderizers-work/

Well it matters not anymore, I didn't end up using the venison. It's going to be pork and burger chili. It's all seasoned up and sitting in the crockpot on low, mixed with some beans, sriracha, chili powder, tomato sauce and water. So I should have chili around 1300ish when I get home from work. Right on time for the blizzard..

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
THAT sounds like a plan sir.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2016, 02:13:36 PM »
THAT sounds like a plan sir.

Well as the saying goes " no plan survives first contact with the enemy.."

The "chili" came out decent. I probably should've added the noodles to the slow cooker and cooked them that way, but I didn't think there was enough liquid in there, so I cooked them when I got home. Hindsight, it probably would've helped tie it all together, but in the end it's still good and that's all that I was going for.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2016, 06:56:21 PM »
NO!

It's:

No plan remains intact following contact!

NCO's....

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 03, 2016, 02:24:17 AM »
NO!

It's:

No plan remains intact following contact!

NCO's....

I've heard both. Both work. Chili was good, I have leftovers. I'm good with that.

Offline halsey

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »

Bean soup with ham and bread fresh from the oven.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 14, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »

Little Cajun food tonight with the girls and a to go order for mamma.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
Mud Bugs!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:13 AM »
Are you guys head suckers?

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »

That's a DARN fine looking loaf there.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2016, 03:09:57 PM »

That's a DARN fine looking loaf there.

I second that.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2016, 08:50:55 PM »
Are you guys head suckers?

Yup, teaching them right.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
I grilled some chicken legs tonight with some good ol box pasta. 

Went out with the scouts the night before and had hotdogs. 

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 26, 2016, 11:07:28 AM »
Forgive my ignorance Dave, but why the extra "grill" on the grill? Easy cleanup?

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 26, 2016, 01:32:10 PM »
Forgive my ignorance Dave, but why the extra "grill" on the grill? Easy cleanup?

Maybe to keep all the chicken fat from causing flare ups?  I know when I grill chicken there is generally a near steady blaze going on under them.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
whats for dinner tonight
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2016, 10:09:04 AM »
I took all of those thing into consideration with the cast iron on top of my grill.   It has two sides one flat and on with the texture, so I can cook smaller things with loosing them, also so I can pick up the griddle when cooking is done and take it into my table and keep things piping hot
 The clean up is fast also, cuts down on flare ups for sure

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 28, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »
so I thought I would throw a nod to sam and all of you east coaster's and make a version of poutine / disco fries

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/scratch-made-fries-with-chorizo-poutine.html

I actually attempted to make the homemade fries, but my deep fryer went poo poo on me, so I had to settle with some bag fries.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal