Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328815 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6200 on: April 20, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »
Added some shade fabric to the shop awning. Anything to make summer a little more tolerable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: April 20, 2018, 11:07:03 PM »
Any shade is good shade in the heat!! Couple fans or a swamp cooler and you will working all the time.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: April 21, 2018, 06:50:26 AM »
Can you run the pipe straight up on the back of the cab? With an oversize pipe it will stay cool and have no water issues.

I got one muffler under the bed then one in front of the headache rack. I was there when he got them on. We ran it and it was fine. Real quiet.  The exhaust came out at the top of the headache rack. So I asked him to put on a 2 ft tall stack with a 45 on the end. That little bit must have done it. I ran it for a few minutes and it ran rough. real rough. The I could see water dripping out of the second muffler. The vertical one. So if I am right that is telling me it it has too much restriction. It cant even push the condensation out.

So to answer your question Yes I think that is what I will have to do. Keep the bottom muffler and replace the second with a straight pipe.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:51:29 AM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: April 21, 2018, 08:29:47 AM »
Trying to set a better example for the girls and not fiddle with the phone while driving. 

Picked this headset up today.

Will update performance when I get a chance to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So tested the sound quality and the noise cancellation is amazing.  Rolling down the highway in the Bus with 5 inch exhaust in that drone zone of 1500rpm on rough asphalt and it was like I was in a quiet office setting. 

The ear piece provides great audio quality but takes some getting used to.

I’ll have to research some of the voice commands and the operation of the smart button but so far it’s well worth the $100

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: April 21, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »
Smoking prime rib roast for supper.

138* almost time!

Will gets pics later.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: April 21, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
Made it through Pool Comp day 1.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: April 21, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »
Made it through Pool Comp day 1.

Hot scuba instructor? Oh wait you’re taken still right?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: April 21, 2018, 08:59:28 PM »
Hot scuba instructor? Oh wait you’re taken still right?

Still taken, no female instructor except for the lead instructor's wife.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6208 on: April 21, 2018, 09:00:18 PM »
I learned some of the art of setting tile,

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:01:50 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »
Bobby, once you get certified where are you going?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: April 21, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »
I learned some of the art of setting tile,

Cool.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: April 21, 2018, 11:36:54 PM »
Today I power washed the casita to get it final ready for paint. Picked up another 5gal pail of the Emerald Sherwin Williams paint and caulked all the remaining areas.  This time I bought some heavy brown rolled paper and i plan to tape off the windows to avoid having to clean overspray with thinner.

Mowed a bit and realized I'm losing the battle with the fire ants.  gonna have to up my game there.  Then the rain set in so I wove a paracord bracelet for a g shock watch I had laying around.

Then came home to play cards with the kids and wife.  Did I mention that teenage girls are silly?

All in all a good day.  Family coming over for bible study tomorrow.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: April 22, 2018, 01:15:38 AM »
Today I power washed the casita to get it final ready for paint. Picked up another 5gal pail of the Emerald Sherwin Williams paint and caulked all the remaining areas.  This time I bought some heavy brown rolled paper and i plan to tape off the windows to avoid having to clean overspray with thinner.

Mowed a bit and realized I'm losing the battle with the fire ants.  gonna have to up my game there.  Then the rain set in so I wove a paracord bracelet for a g shock watch I had laying around.

Then came home to play cards with the kids and wife.  Did I mention that teenage girls are silly?

Ambro fire ant granules, comes in a white bottle with a black label, poor some on their nest hole and they all die! We’ve used it at two houses with great success.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: April 22, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »
Fiddle farting around with my generator trying to see why it won't run. Took the air cleaner off and found oil. I guess I'm taking it back to where I bought it. For the time, money and energy I spent messing around with used generators I could have bought a brand new one and been way ahead.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: April 22, 2018, 07:30:38 AM »

Ambro fire ant granules, comes in a white bottle with a black label, poor some on their nest hole and they all die! We’ve used it at two houses with great success.

I've been using amdro for a while now.  Seem to be chasing them around the pasture area.  Not sure if you have imported red fire ants where you are but these things are like the mongrel hord.  unstoppable, innumerable, vicious, well armed.

There are several classes of treatments.  Bait, like amdro that effects the metabolism, insect growth regulator (makes the queen sterile), and flat out contact incecticide.  I think I'm going to look for a combo product that has IGR and bait.

I think I've going to try Extinguish Plus and at that I'll broadcast over the entire area. And just to be mean, I may pour liquid bifinthrin on the individual mounds to get a head start.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: April 22, 2018, 07:39:12 AM »

Eventually I'd like to take Rescue Diver, Ice Diver. Not really looking at ever being an instructor, this will probably be a hobby for me.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: April 22, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »

Eventually I'd like to take Rescue Diver, Ice Diver. Not really looking at ever being an instructor, this will probably be a hobby for me.

Here I thought you were getting certified for a vacation activity. Are you volunteering on a local fire Dept or anything?

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: April 22, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »

I've been using amdro for a while now.  Seem to be chasing them around the pasture area.  Not sure if you have imported red fire ants where you are but these things are like the mongrel hord.  unstoppable, innumerable, vicious, well armed.

There are several classes of treatments.  Bait, like amdro that effects the metabolism, insect growth regulator (makes the queen sterile), and flat out contact incecticide.  I think I'm going to look for a combo product that has IGR and bait.

I think I've going to try Extinguish Plus and at that I'll broadcast over the entire area. And just to be mean, I may pour liquid bifinthrin on the individual mounds to get a head start.

I’ve only got four acres at each house to scour, so it worked for us. But I can understand going all out trying to get rid of them. They’re like weeds, use what you’ve got to in order to rid yourself of them, so a combo effect of destruction is a great idea!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: April 22, 2018, 11:35:52 AM »
I saw a TV show that highlighted the Texas fire ant problem. Don't remember the title, but I think it was on Nat Geo a few years back.
Here amdro works awesome. In Texas, you need napalm.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: April 22, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
Trimmed tree branches, mowed the lawn, erected fence around planting’s to keep dogs from munching them and sprayed weeds.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: April 22, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
Lawn got done yesterday by kids, back needs trimming still.

Got PADI certified many years ago. Picked up some used gear a couple years back and got a new rescue tank. No cold water for me.

TRN, I have used these and they work great for everything. https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Hand-Masker-Dispenser-M3000/100089687

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: April 22, 2018, 03:43:23 PM »

Ya know, Special Forces runs a dive school out of Key West. I used to go down there to provide the Halo platform for 10,000-14,000 foot jumps into Shark DZ.
Guy like you could make it through SF training...Heck I did the hard part, and I'm just a pilut!
Just sayin...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: April 22, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »
I moved a couple axles out of the way, outside storage under a tarp. Cleaned up the shop, all the steel shavings etc got swept up. Then spring spray down of floor washing all nastiest out and down the street to the sewer. All prep for that new mill that left chi town yesterday at 1300 headed for its new home.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: April 22, 2018, 07:42:15 PM »
I turned on grandmas sprinkler system, two broken heads and a hole from the lawn aeration this spring.  Fixed and running.

Re wired the electrical stuff to my valve box in the back yard. The black dog had his way with it

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: April 22, 2018, 11:02:47 PM »
I’ve got a section of soffit on the garage that was rotted when we bought the place. The big wind we had the other day pulled the gutter off the fascia board. It’s rotted out as well.  So today I pulled down the rest of the gutter, fascia and all the soffit from a 72 ft section of the garage. I’ve got the lumber for the fascia board and to replace the rafter tails where they have started to decay. I’m hoping to get that finished up this week. Just have to decide what to use on the soffit. The rest of the house has the perforated aluminum, so I may go that way and call it good, but I’m not decided yet.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6225 on: April 22, 2018, 11:35:07 PM »
Wife, baby, and myself drove from Missouri to Alabama after spending the weekend with family. I really miss that pile of rocks.

Our little one finally got to meet the great grandmother she is named after and although neither one of them will remember it (Granny has Alzheimer’s) it was great that they finally met. Granny really enjoyed having Heidi around. She hasn’t smiled that much in a long time.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:36:14 PM by longball »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: April 23, 2018, 05:46:30 AM »
Busy weekend. We helped out at the food bank Saturday. The scouts collect 600 items. About half of last year but the weather did not cooperate.
Sunday the son of a good friend was confirmed. My wife and I set up the lunch so everything was ready to go when church got out.
Went to Omaha and got a new living room set. Couch love seat and recliner.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: April 23, 2018, 05:51:17 AM »
All the rest of the food we handed out came from the salvation army.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: April 23, 2018, 06:08:30 AM »
Here I thought you were getting certified for a vacation activity. Are you volunteering on a local fire Dept or anything?

Nope no vacation destination for me. I pitched an idea to the VP, now President, of the Charity I'm a part of and promptly forgot about it. He eventually got it all approved and I'm one of the first 7 to go get certified. As for a local fire department... maybe down the line once I get more training and practice.

Got PADI certified many years ago. Picked up some used gear a couple years back and got a new rescue tank. No cold water for me.

Thinking about buying my own used equipment once I get my card.

Ya know, Special Forces runs a dive school out of Key West. I used to go down there to provide the Halo platform for 10,000-14,000 foot jumps into Shark DZ.
Guy like you could make it through SF training...Heck I did the hard part, and I'm just a pilut!
Just sayin...

I knew a guy who was there as a student then an instructor. I may be passing this course but that's a whole new level of Scuba.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:15:02 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:39 AM »

Nope no vacation destination for me. I pitched an idea to the VP, now President, of the Charity I'm a part of and promptly forgot about it. He eventually got it all approved and I'm one of the first 7 to go get certified. As for the local fire department, maybe once I get more training and practice.

Thinking about buying my own used equipment once I get my card.

Just sayin...

I knew a guy who was there as a student then an instructor. I may be passing this course but that's a whole new level of Scuba.
Well it certainly is!

But which Scuba instructors do you know who have done military jumps?

And of them, how many have Infantry training?

Still, how many rose successfully to high/middle level ranks?

and still, how many of them served in combat in a place like the 82nd Airborne?

All Special Forces Soldiers start somewhere, and each bring a different bag of experience to the mix.

But very, very few make it all the way so we really don't have enough of those kind of guys, and being the force multipliers they are, our nation really needs all of them we can find.

I'm done, not another word...;-))

Well maybe a word or two here and there...But I wouldn't be saying anything if I didn't see something.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:15:32 AM by BobbyB »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: April 23, 2018, 01:04:13 PM »
We do the food bank every year here and have always done a little better. Sure has slowed down though.

Going zip lining with the boys next weekend, well they get to.

Did a lot more diving in So Cal, just to cold up here. Nice having if you need it too. The little rescue tank is easy to carry anywhere.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: April 23, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »
Went to work. Work sucked.  Day over.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: April 23, 2018, 06:35:22 PM »
Still at work, still sucking... almost over.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: April 23, 2018, 11:07:58 PM »
Managed to build some walls on another house today, framing in a basement sucks.

I feel like the Monday’s hit us pretty hard

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: April 24, 2018, 08:19:54 AM »
After work and prepping/ making dinner for the rest of the family when they got home, I headed to the gun range for the Monday night rifle league at the club I joined earlier this year.  Shooting from 350 yards to 600 yards at steel and targets.  The league will run every Monday night for the summer through the start of fall.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: April 24, 2018, 09:08:28 AM »

Three words for ya my friend

Re Tire Ment

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:00 AM »
After work and prepping/ making dinner for the rest of the family when they got home, I headed to the gun range for the Monday night rifle league at the club I joined earlier this year.  Shooting from 350 yards to 600 yards at steel and targets.  The league will run every Monday night for the summer through the start of fall.
How cool!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »
Managed to build some walls on another house today, framing in a basement sucks.

I feel like the Monday’s hit us pretty hard

The Lord points out that it is good for a man to work with his hands!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: April 24, 2018, 09:11:23 AM »
OK, I guess I'm captain positive today

But, at least YOU HAVE WORK (and income)

Give thanks to the Lord that you have that job, that you get tired doing a good days work, and that you get to come home to a "home" and a beautiful family

See, I fixed it! ;-))))

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: April 24, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »

Re Tire Ment

and two for you

Teenage Daughters

:eek
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:54:19 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6240 on: April 24, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »
OK, I guess I'm captain positive today

But, at least YOU HAVE WORK (and income)

Give thanks to the Lord that you have that job, that you get tired doing a good days work, and that you get to come home to a "home" and a beautiful family

See, I fixed it! ;-))))

I have work(s) and income(s), and you're right, I AM grateful from the looking back perspective. And the Home and beautiful family part aren't wrong either. Just kinda hard to see it when you're elbows deep in the muck, so to speak. Thanks for adding perspective sir. 
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: April 24, 2018, 11:03:27 AM »
I was riding my Triumph Tiger to church last Sunday. THe pastor is teaching a really good sunday school before the church ges busy. THe core of the church (Real Christians) show up, and I am getting a good word there. The truck is down as you know so I'm riding the bike and it's like 42F and despite my clothes, I am pretty cold.
Then I start getting miserable, but then I just start praying and thinking of what awaits me. And just like that I realized that this bike ride  was an analogy for life in the america. We get to ride along but sometimes it gets chilly, and other times downright cold, but awaiting at the end of the ride is this great big warm church (heaven).
So no matter what the circumstances are, we are set up for a soft landing in the arms of a loving father.
Despite how chilly you are, enjoy the nice stuff (family/job/wife/friends/accomplishments/good experiences/and on and on) that your father is giving you enroute to you final destination. And know that life on earth is not it.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: April 24, 2018, 10:08:04 PM »
I spent all day today walking floor joists.   Sunburnt and ankle is super swollen!   That was 8 plus hours of pure crap

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: April 25, 2018, 12:00:30 AM »
Sounds like a rough day Dave. Back in my wrestling days I became a big fan of epsom salt baths followed by ice on the swollen parts. Seemed to work wonders at times.

Started the last of my required technical rescue courses. Rope 2. It’s centered around high line rescue with some tower and single line techniques thrown in the mix. We’ve got good instructors and interesting subject material, just not enough time. By Friday we’ll know just enough to be dangerous.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: April 25, 2018, 12:09:23 AM »
Let me tell you about ankles Dave. I feel your pain!!!

Re Tire Ment

Isn't that when the real work starts?

Ordered PPE (ca legal) pipes for the Dmax today with a new turbo wheel.

Got a Crony Alpha last week, time to try it out.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: April 25, 2018, 07:31:18 AM »
Don.  Apparently JR has missed your whole thread and what a pain in the But it is to install this stuff.  Will you go ahead and tell him so we have another documentation point to note for later that he shouldn’t start down this road.   Just sell the whole truck ok Jr

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: April 25, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
Don.  Apparently JR has missed your whole thread and what a pain in the But it is to install this stuff.  Will you go ahead and tell him so we have another documentation point to note for later that he shouldn’t start down this road.   Just sell the whole truck ok Jr

I'd say we just send prayers his way for the upcoming pain!

And with mine, I am only half way there...Still have to put them back on!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: April 25, 2018, 10:07:13 AM »
Oh I read them alright. Just good to see that on is way easier than off.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 10:14:17 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: April 25, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »
In the middle of main bath gut and total redo! So then we went and bought a new to us 5th wheel so old 5th wheel has to come out of barn get deep cleaning and put up on craigslist and get all the spring yard work done while working 7 days. don't know why i keep doing this to my self!!
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: April 25, 2018, 03:58:52 PM »

JR also has an LBZ, so maybe a little easier than Don's LML? (hah, yeah right!)  :knucklehead:
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal