Hello Guest

Author Topic: A little boy's prayer...  (Read 461 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A little boy's prayer...
« on: June 14, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
So I heard about this boy who really wanted a new bicycle, so he prayed that night before going to bed.

“Heavenly Father, I really want a new bicycle, could you please give me one tomorrow morning.”

And with that he went to sleep.

The next morning, he awoke and peering outside his bedroom door, guess what he saw?

Nothing! Yep, there was no new bicycle.  So, perplexed by what just happened, he went to his pastor and talked to him about what had just transpired.

The pastor advised the boy that he needed to pray in faith, believing that God will answer his prayer.

So again, just like the night before, the boy prayed as hard as he knew how, “Heavenly Father, I really want a new bike, I am asking you for one please. And I am believing in my heart you will give it to me. Thank you and ah-men.”

Waiting until eight o’clock, the boy peered confidently out his bedroom door into the hallway, full in anticipation about which model and color bicycle that God had chosen to give him. But just like the previous morning, the hallway and the rest of the house was devoid of any new bike.

Somewhat disappointed and shaken that the pastor’s advice was in some way flawed, he visited the man once again and told him about what had happened.

The pastor told the boy, “Son, you really have to mean it, when you pray, I suggest you get serious.”

So that evening the boy walked over to his neighbor’s house where there was a small statue of Mother Mary in the garden by the door. The boy picked up the statue and carried it to a nearby hilltop where he set the statuette before him and began to pray.

“Heavenly Father, this is your mother who I have sitting before me. If you ever want to see her again…”
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal