Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1383345 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #18150 on: December 24, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »
Ouch, good thing no one was hurt.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18151 on: December 24, 2022, 06:06:03 PM »
Sorry to hear but glad no one was hurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18152 on: December 24, 2022, 06:07:57 PM »
That looks like a hard hit. One good reason to drive a truck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18153 on: December 24, 2022, 06:18:02 PM »
Hope everyone is ok.   Didn’t you have some mechanical issues with that?  Maybe a good thing?

Merry Christmas you guys!!! Enjoy the time with family and friends.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18154 on: December 24, 2022, 06:55:48 PM »
Hope everyone is ok.   Didn’t you have some mechanical issues with that?  Maybe a good thing?

Merry Christmas you guys!!! Enjoy the time with family and friends.

Yeah, the transmission had some issues with it. I had never felt like spending the money on it, as it drove okay , just some had shifting at times.  Now I don’t have to worry about that at least. 

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18155 on: December 24, 2022, 09:37:41 PM »
Guess a new to me car is on the Christmas list.

No injuries. Both front air bags deployed.   Other vehicle was a 2010 or so Chevy 2500HD Silverado.  Only half mile from home when it happened.

dang dave, was that the family limo?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18156 on: December 24, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
Guess a new to me car is on the Christmas list.

No injuries. Both front air bags deployed.   Other vehicle was a 2010 or so Chevy 2500HD Silverado.  Only half mile from home when it happened.

dang dave, was that the family limo?
It’s only a partial family limo, only eight seats. The 12 passenger can carry everyone living at home right now. So we’re down a car, but not in bad shape. All is good….enough. :)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18157 on: December 24, 2022, 10:55:48 PM »
Still fighting the daughters camry. I screwed up the 1st O ring on the pump but found another local.

Then when I bolted the pump back on, it was solid as a rock. Turns out it was hyrdro locking with the assm lube I had in it.

Then I noticed the front main had a dribble, so I did that to. Easy really and just $8.

Figured while I was in there I would do the water pump (normal with the TB kit). You have to pull the timing belt and all to get to it anyway. Went fine until I saw the upper bolt was a dang C/S screw! Needless to say it stripped out. Fought with it trying easy outs and such. Nothing. Finally drilled out the head and it came loose, threads intact.

Going back together fine now, got big hands don't like these little cars. Oil change and done, 3 days working off/on and it was cold.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 02:01:52 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18158 on: December 25, 2022, 07:00:57 AM »
Merry Christmas to all

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18159 on: December 25, 2022, 08:10:24 AM »
Merry Christmas boys.    My kids are still sleeping but Iv been up for two hours sore as ever

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18160 on: December 25, 2022, 12:37:16 PM »
 It's going to be a great day.

Merry Christmas fellas.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18161 on: December 25, 2022, 02:03:53 PM »
Merry Christmas Brothers!
I gave Kat a "Box of money." I crumbled $2,000 in cash all different denominations and tossed in some dimes for sound into a box, should she shake the thing (She did). Boyz got a laptop each and the girls a bunch of girly stuff. Grandkids next at 1500, then dinner. I'm giving the oldest grandson his first gun. Fun day so far!

On a personal note. I do and do not like Christmas.

We have turned it into a give fest, which I almost can't stand. It is not the actual birthday of Jesus, but I get it that we recognize the significance of his birth and have settled on the 25th of December.

I try to give very little and when I do, it is usually just one higher quality or badly needed thing. I think the biggest kick for me this year was the day I gave away our Christmas donation.

Having said that, the day is still young!

;-)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18162 on: December 25, 2022, 02:36:09 PM »
...And, my Bengals are looking great!

Burrows tossed for 375 yards beating New England a couple of days ago.

Looks like we are going to be contenders again if this keeps up.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18163 on: December 25, 2022, 04:45:50 PM »
Merry Christmas all ye :knucklehead:’s
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18164 on: December 25, 2022, 07:31:26 PM »
Merry Christmas Brothers!
I gave Kat a "Box of money." I crumbled $2,000 in cash all different denominations and tossed in some dimes for sound into a box, should she shake the thing (She did). Boyz got a laptop each and the girls a bunch of girly stuff. Grandkids next at 1500, then dinner. I'm giving the oldest grandson his first gun. Fun day so far!

On a personal note. I do and do not like Christmas.

We have turned it into a give fest, which I almost can't stand. It is not the actual birthday of Jesus, but I get it that we recognize the significance of his birth and have settled on the 25th of December.

I try to give very little and when I do, it is usually just one higher quality or badly needed thing. I think the biggest kick for me this year was the day I gave away our Christmas donation.

Having said that, the day is still young!

;-)
Yeah. It was 400 years after Christ”a death before Christmas was invented by the catholic church and the 1800’s before the Protestants joined in because they were losing parishioners to the Catholics. His birth did nothing for us and we were not commanded to celebrate His birth but His death. That was the source of our salvation.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18165 on: December 25, 2022, 09:16:28 PM »
^^^ Sounds rough, but it is true.

Having said that, I just had a great Christmas day. Why? Because all of my family minus one missed son was here in attendance. The holiday serves to bring families together and that is a very good thing.

As for celebrating the birth of Christ, knowing what I do, I still rejoice in the idea of God coming to his creations, humans in our form. I just think that is a really cool thing. Conversely, although I am supposed to celebrate his resurrection, I often get hung up on the notion of the way he died. I just am not good with that.

But Christmas will always be shoved at us simply because we do not push back and hold to the truth, I guess...And maybe I am going a bit too far and should just be happy with the nice day I just had with my family.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18166 on: December 25, 2022, 09:18:26 PM »
Along those lines Charles though gifts were given to baby Jesus. With that said the parts I like the most are contributing to things like this site, the local food bank and several other donations we do annually. Most of those happen to be focused at year end. I personally know where we stand financially for the year at this time too.

So from my perspective it just fits and as all donations we do it’s Christ’s money and he gets the glory. I understand your position and the wife and I tell everyone close to us not to buy us gifts. If you want to donate do so to a cause close to your heart.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 09:22:26 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18167 on: December 26, 2022, 01:12:28 AM »
Hope you all had a wonderful day with family and friends. Thanks for another great year here on Real Man. Regardless of timeframe, it is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ and I am just fine with it. God bless you all, I have grown so much following you all.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18168 on: December 26, 2022, 01:56:29 AM »
Merry Christmas you lugs. I got everyone pretty much what they hinted/asked for.

My daughter got me a nice Carhart jacket! Totally unexpected, not asked for but it is nice.

They went to inlaws for dinner, I did not. I went out to eat alone.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18169 on: December 26, 2022, 06:06:32 AM »
I am home with my wife and very grateful. Got a call yesterday afternoon the sprinkler pipe in my apartment at ft Bragg burst and flooded my apartment.  I have dealing with that to look forward to.  It is cold here as well and a challenge to keep the water for the camper from freezing.

Had a great day celebrating the birth of Christ at church and visiting my son and some friends with my wife. Merry Christmas all.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18170 on: December 26, 2022, 07:21:30 PM »
Got to work on a rustic farm table base with some 4x4x1/4 sq tubing.  Mig gun was giving me fits and didn’t help the aesthetics of the welds. My little machine is about tapped out to weld this heavier stuff.

Then my angle grinder gave up. The main shaft bearing exploded.  Gotta order another bearing.  And of course my other angle grinder is at the other house.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18171 on: December 26, 2022, 09:30:32 PM »
On the way to Kentucky for Christmas with the inlaws. Ran into some freezing rain in Mt Vernon Illinois. Decided to shut it down for the night.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18172 on: December 27, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »
Stated my ten day vacation off feelin like crap, well the doctor Josh ordered.  Half bottle of NyQuil and four fingers of whiskey sleep and repeat as needed

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18173 on: December 27, 2022, 05:09:03 PM »
Rain stopped me last night but finished up the Camry today. Runs but I think the motor got cooked with no oil. No lights but knocks when you start it and has lost power.

Daughter looking for a newer one now. She has the $$$$ and wants another camry. Just want her not to go to far.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18174 on: December 27, 2022, 07:35:54 PM »
Sorry JR.  i was afraid of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18175 on: December 27, 2022, 07:42:43 PM »
I was hopeful as I run full syn in her car. But when it stopped on its own, kind of telling.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18176 on: December 27, 2022, 08:13:47 PM »
USAA decided to total the Honda Pilot, not a surprise. Between the to front airbags, left fender, bumper, core support and multiple airbox parts in the engine compartment, it wouldn’t have been cheap to repair. I think they made a decent settlement offer. Now it’s car shopping time.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18177 on: December 27, 2022, 11:27:04 PM »
USAA decided to total the Honda Pilot, not a surprise. Between the to front airbags, left fender, bumper, core support and multiple airbox parts in the engine compartment, it wouldn’t have been cheap to repair. I think they made a decent settlement offer. Now it’s car shopping time.

You could ask that son of mine. He thinks he is a used car dealership. He flips cars. He just purchased (today) a 2007 BMW 335i with 109K for $5200. He is constantly finding deals like that. He will buy, and drive it for 2-3 months then sell it for a $2K profit. He thinks he can make $3K off this one. His plan is to keep doing it until he can buy (for cash) a three-year-old Audi. He does not want car payments and so far he has made a couple thousand on every flip. If you want him to look for something in particular, let me know.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18178 on: December 28, 2022, 08:30:42 AM »

I hate car shopping

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18179 on: December 28, 2022, 08:46:48 AM »

I hate car shopping

I'm with ya!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18180 on: December 29, 2022, 11:49:28 AM »
With the 01 camry done, daughter wants another. She is fixated on a camry, but I think her hopes are a little high right now and wanted to buy NOW.

She has enough to pay cash (not bad for a 20 year old) but want the newest style with under 50k. Doable, but need to search some, plus it is raining which is not a good time.

Wife unit thinks she is an expert in cars now (don't get me started) as she sold used cars way back. Been kinda ugly.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18181 on: December 29, 2022, 02:40:02 PM »
With the 01 camry done, daughter wants another. She is fixated on a camry, but I think her hopes are a little high right now and wanted to buy NOW.

She has enough to pay cash (not bad for a 20 year old) but want the newest style with under 50k. Doable, but need to search some, plus it is raining which is not a good time.

Wife unit thinks she is an expert in cars now (don't get me started) as she sold used cars way back. Been kinda ugly.
If you can get her to wait, used car market appears to be crashing. Which will lead to used dealers with stuffed lots and nothing moving.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18182 on: December 29, 2022, 10:38:01 PM »
Issue is she needs a car. Driving my elky now which is fine. Yes, been watching the used car market fall some. But I really don't see a return to near where it was plus with new cars running 40k, used is still holding up.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18183 on: December 29, 2022, 11:05:24 PM »
Anyone needs a strong reminder to not wear jewelry.

Bosses wedding ring

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18184 on: December 29, 2022, 11:28:19 PM »
Degloving injuries are ugly. Saw a guy do it at a car wash fundraiser and his ring got hung up on a luggage rack when he slipped off a ladder.  I honestly can’t renew if that van got finished being washed or not.

What did he get caught on?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18185 on: December 29, 2022, 11:37:07 PM »
T post bar wire fence

Standing on a barbwire fence and left hand on top of the fence t post. Barb wire fence broke loose and his body weight snagged the ring as he fell two feet and ripped it all off.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18186 on: December 30, 2022, 12:45:58 AM »
Yikes.
My dad did that when I was a kid. He jumped out of the bed of a pickup while holding on to the fencing on the side of a chicken coop.
My wife still gives me crap because I won't wear one to work .

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18187 on: December 30, 2022, 01:17:17 AM »
Yikes.
My dad did that when I was a kid. He jumped out of the bed of a pickup while holding on to the fencing on the side of a chicken coop.
My wife still gives me crap because I won't wear one to work .

Go ahead and show her that photo Ken.  Thankfully my wife knew I would wear one when appropriate but not at work

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18188 on: December 30, 2022, 05:41:09 AM »

I keep my good one in the safe. Buy these in 5 packs from Amazon. Silicone won’t rip anything off

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18189 on: December 30, 2022, 06:01:53 AM »
I wear the same thing TRN. Plus I never feel bad about losing one or tearing it up.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18190 on: December 30, 2022, 06:59:22 AM »
I didn’t wear a ring for 20 years because of that and constantly working around equipment. Within last six months started wearing those silicone ones. Wife gave me grief about it for years too…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18191 on: December 30, 2022, 08:28:14 AM »
Not trying to "one-up" here but I recall a good one too. Back when I was an enlisted M-60A1 tanker, we were not allowed to wear wedding or other rings. One guy did
He grounded it out against the positive post of a forklift sized battery and a wrench whole tightening up some cable connections. The ring immediately burst apart or melted and blew apart or melted and the steam of his flesh blew it apart, something along those lines, but it was way ugly.
Yet another time a pilot (Dumb A$$) hooked his wedding ring on a carter key while up on top of the aircraft. He had to later prove he could fly without that finger.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18192 on: December 30, 2022, 08:42:08 AM »
24 years working on aircraft and couldn't wear a wedding ring. Something about "if the military want you to have a wife they would have issued you one" . Some guy forgot or tried to get away with it. Guy lost a finger jumping out of a deicer bucket, another slipped of a wing and others burned those fingers when working with voltage

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18193 on: December 30, 2022, 03:13:41 PM »
Took mine off about 10 years back. Kept getting really nasty but thought about the other stuff too. Haven't worn it since, probably won't again.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18194 on: December 30, 2022, 03:21:03 PM »
Started working on taxes, thinking 4 months start is a good idea.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18195 on: December 30, 2022, 05:47:13 PM »
Much better to wait until the last minute and run around with you hair on fire. LOL

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18196 on: December 30, 2022, 11:27:17 PM »
Much better to wait until the last minute and run around with you hair on fire. LOL

Well, since I filed an extension in 2022 and didn’t complete them officially until early august I know a thing or two about waiting until last minute…..  :tongue:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: December 31, 2022, 09:25:23 AM »
Man you had to go and mention the T word.

Just wrote checks for property taxes. 

Cant wait to get out of the county I’m in for my primary residence.  20k for taxes in what’s becoming a war zone. By contrast the country place is $2700 with exemptions.

Crime has gotten so bad and the DA is a liberal so I’ve resorted to putting two warning shots in the 12ga.  A flash bang round and a fin stabilized OC rubber bullet before the OO so they can’t say I did not warn them

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: December 31, 2022, 10:20:25 AM »
You got it leaned up behind the front door Charles?

When will you finally be able to move? One more daughter In high school of two?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: December 31, 2022, 10:38:20 AM »

NOT! ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal