Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ashamed of my Bengals!  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ashamed of my Bengals!
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:43:57 PM »
Last night's game between the Bengals and the Steelers was not easy to watch

My team, the Bengals made a poor showing, as did the fans up there on the river in that stadium.
Fans booing an injured Pittsburg player being taken off the field: Really poor showing there!
And my team...snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory!!!
1 min 38 on the clock, cincy up by one with possession of the ball. Simple, right? Just sit on the darned thing for two plays and go on to the next playoff game.

What do we do?? Lose the ball back to Pittsburg. So, OK, just hold them outside field goal range and win. Easy right? Apparently not. Cincy's response is to get a pass interference call which was so bad that it should have carried a criminal penalty. I mean those Bengal defensive ends are a danger to other players, they should be fired! So, yea, pass interference...Pittsburg's ball and within field goal range...due to a penalty.

We lost the game on a poor sportsmanlike penalty and showed the world the Bengals look like a bunch of street thugs. To say the least I am not proud of what they did last night!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Ashamed of my Bengals!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »
We're currently accepting Broncos fans! & really grateful I'm not at that Vikings Seahawks game -1 @ kickoff......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:21:21 PM »
I understand that Don. I was rooting for the Bengals but that at the end was tough to watch.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 10:39:41 PM »
I understand that Don. I was rooting for the Bengals but that at the end was tough to watch.
What an awful way to end a season and our chances of a division championship!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »
Go Broncos! :)

Well hopefully they show up. I'm glad I didn't go to the Vikings game also. It was downright nasty out. Ya gotta love Bud Grant going out before the game in a short sleeve golf shirt! I wish they would have made that field go for his sake.

It was Negative 22 this morning driving into work. MN sucks... Sorry.. Had to say it.  >:(
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:45:49 AM »
Pacman is now saying Antonio Brown was faking it when he got knocked out... even though he was clearly seeing stars.

Just making it worse
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:51:01 AM »
I was fortunate/unfortunate enough to watch only the last 3 min of that Bengals game. I couldn't believe the possession changes, the fumble, the flag, the other flag, the rain... As soon as bastardly Ben walked back out though I had a feeling he'd just march downfield as he always does. I was really looking forward to getting another chance at playing cinci, since our reg season loss was determined by a bad field goal bounce. Guess I got that from MN. LACES OUT FINKLE!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
My someday upcoming son in law was at the game. He said it got way out of control, as in he was worried for his safety. The camera showed a single water bottle on the field, however he said people threw hundreds. Clean up crews were working fast to get them all. Additionally, he said fights were breaking out, literally everywhere. He has followed the Bengals going to games every season and has never seen such a loss of control...like some evil spirit descended on the stadium.

I too wanted to see a Seahawks rematch. To see if we really could win against a team like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal