PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

Changed my diet entirely to be plant based only!

(1/19) > >>

Flyin6:
Confession/Announcement:

Menses, after much thought and study, I switched to a plant based diet this past week.

Virtually every malady that afflicts modern Americans comes from our animal meat foods. There is alot to discuss, so maybe I'll set apart a section to talk about that, but I am convinced beyond a doubt that we humans are designed to eat plants, and that our US food culture based on meat, eggs and dairy is killing us.

I thing a big part of readiness is health and I had noticed a loss of performance and a couple more pounds here and there with advancing age.

I run a church security ministry where I train and train with some pretty good folks every week. I had noticed my performance wasn't what it should be when going 100% against a bag or another person over and over for an hour.

Last Saturday was the last time any animal product touched my lips, so its only been a few days. But today when working on the C-Max, installing that rear sway bar, I noticed my knees and back were not hurting! As in not at all!

I am 63, and in reasonably good condition, but my weight has been creeping uphill and touched 260 a time or two! I am 6'3" and of a large frame, so I carry it pretty well, but I can also feel it, especially when fight training with the thirty year olds.

I do things best all at once. Just dive in and get on with it. Got saved that way. One minute a hell raiser, the next, redeemed and actually in love with the Lord! Did special ops that way. Just decided to join and dove in. So I did this the same way. No weening off my beef jerky, nope I just set all that aside and turned into a hippie!

I can say, I feel great, and I am dropping weight.

I'll post up a new thread down in Personal Readiness. Lets see where this takes me...

Flyin6:
I'll add some vital statistics in a post or two, after dealing with the upcoming mess from all the DOTs.

History: I have eaten mostly animal protein for all of my life except for a two year period where I went vegetarian. I got that wrong, because I also ate massive amounts of cheese which was very bad for me. Probably stayed somewhat healthy due to youthfulness and a couple hours of exercise six times a week.

I went off meat and onto plant based foods entirely this past Sunday, 16 July. I had reduced it on Saturday, but I won't count that. I'll get on a scale and add a couple pounds to that number because I can see the weight coming off already.

More to come...

stlaser:
You been reading The China Study? Pretty good read and a lot of factual stuff to back up your claims. Doesn't mean I'm giving up my love of meat any time soon but it's worth a read to those who may be skeptical. Good luck Don!

TexasRedNeck:
Punch line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rpar86:
Wife and I went strictly keto about 2 months ago and have both lost 20 pounds just from burning ketones alone - no exercise. Now, we went on vacation to Hawaii and cheated a little...ok a LOT... and gained about 5 pounds back each, but we're getting back on track!

But this is Don' s thread... I don't need to DOT it up (Like that's ever NOT going to happen)!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version