GENERAL TOPICS > The Ladies Corner

Wife nearly pulled CC last night early this morning in a parking garage

(1/3) > >>

stlaser:
I don't know all the details yet as I was pretty well still asleep when she arrived home early this morning from my macallan 18 night cap & she is sleeping in a bit this am. However, what I do know is she had her purse compartment unzipped & hand on her g43. Apparently some junkie was coming at her or following her saying she had a baby in her trunk. Crazy, but people can be I guess. At some point she was able to alert security to the threat & never had to use force.

Once she gets up this morning I'm going to go over the whole thing with her. Try to find things she could have done better & use it as a learning experience. She has taken a couple training classes & we shoot regularly but this being a first incident I think there is plenty to discuss.

Feeling very blessed she was able to get out of the situation without any harm. Normally I would have been with her however my back was pretty sore from a workout so I took a drink and was in bed when she had to leave. Glad she has taken the time and energy to make sure she isn't an easy victim.

Bigdave_185:
Glad your better half is protected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilbur:
I would say she handled it perfectly...recognized an "issue" and was ready to handle it if it had gone south. But also kept the presence of mind to alert security so they could deal with it. And afterwards no one even knows she was carrying so no bs about that. I would give her an A+....and very glad it didn't escalate.

stlaser:
So apparently as she was pulling into the garage she saw this guy walking away from the structure. Being that it was night she had unzipped her purse before getting out of vehicle. She was parking in the 15 min area on the lower level near the building entrance. Once she got out of the vehicle the guy yelled "hey" at her. Initially she thought it was security telling her to park elsewhere. Then realized it wasn't. Guy was about 20' from her and told her he needed in her trunk because there was a baby inside it & that they were in Los Angeles which was not true. She made eye contact and told him to leave in a loud voice. She believes the fact she didn't back up and was forceful was what made the guy turn and walk away. At this point she proceeded inside rather quickly and alerted security which went out & dealt with him.

Not much I could correct her on as she seemed to do everything right. I told her I might have pulled the gun if I were her to have it at the ready as 20' is fairly close. Her response was if he would have come at me have gotten shot.  :tongue: well ok......... :popcorn:

TexasRedNeck:
 Glad to hear she's ok.  I tell mine too shoot through the purse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version