Hello Guest

Author Topic: Thank you Veterans!  (Read 1646 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Thank you Veterans!
« on: November 11, 2014, 08:29:31 AM »
For your voluntary service to our Nation, those of us who didn't/couldn't serve, thank everyone of you who answered the call and were/are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to procure the freedoms we all enjoy.

We also humbly remember and honor those who've paid the true cost of our freedom; God bless their families and friends deprived of their presence.

Thank you & God Bless you all-

Mike
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Veterans!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »
Thinking of all who have and do serve on this day of remembrance.

Thank you all and God bless. We are truly grateful for your sacrifices.
I'm getting ready to go be in the service here at home.

Lest we forget.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:14:31 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 01:52:56 PM »
I was just thinking about those two homeless vets we fed last night...Man, no home and we have 3 days of rain coming...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:07:29 PM »
I heard a statistic yesterday that bruised my soul.

We lost 58,000 soldiers in Vietnam.  Since then more than 150,000 Vietnam vets have committed suicide.  And now, on average more than 20 veterans a day  currently commit suicide.  Most of our soldiers returning from the box are under 30 years of age.

incredible.  A thanks seems hardly adequate
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:08:07 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 10:33:51 AM »
Here's a link to a video shown to students at our school today, after a ceremony in honor of Veterans Day.  This is the first year I've taught that we were in school on Veterans Day-made it worthwhile to be in attendance!

Thank you to all on this site and everywhere who have served and gave of themselves to secure our freedoms.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PvauCIIS4eo
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »
Thank you veterans. From the "Greatest generation" to the current warriors protecting our nation and it's people. We humbly thank you for everything you have done in the name of freedom on our behalf. May your places in heaven be assured, and the remainder of your lives filled with joy and happiness. God bless you all.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:17:00 PM »
Thank You to all you Veterans that have served or is serving, our country.

Thank You to those up above, that died in battle, for giving the ultimate sacrifice.

Thank You to those still around, that have been there and done that, for little to no thanks, and very little pay.

Thank You to those I have come to know as brothers, on this forum, for having the balls to sign on the dotted line, where I did not.

Thank You All Veterans for being tough SOBs. If you weren't, we would be speaking a different language....and that's a fact!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:10:56 PM »
My family and I owe all who have served and/or are serving a huge debt we can not repay. Thank you all for your service and sacrifice.

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »
My respect and gratitude go out to everyone who has ever put on a uniform and vowed to defend this great country.

Right next to them on my list are the spouses of those great people. The next time yall thank a veteran in person, turn and thank their wife also. It takes a special kind of woman to commit to that lifestyle. And stay there through it all.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:24:03 PM by rasimmo »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 07:37:59 PM »
Words are inadequate, so I'll settle for saying "thank you for your service"
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal