FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

BBQ grill/smoker/cooker build

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nate:
I have been known to do that there and here while I was at work.

Farmer Jon:
its been a while but I finally got some work done on this thing. I want to get it done by memorial weekend. We will start planting soon so we will see.  I even got the boy to help.

JR:
Its scary what they want for these things. Should come with a cook for life for the $$$.

Nice work, lets see some meat in there.

Farmer Jon:
So I blew the dust off this thing yesterday. Got the fire box done. Everything welded to the trailer. Racks in the cold smoker. I still need to fabricate some handles and latches. I also need to install a heat deflector under the cooking grate.

Almost ready for a test burn. I'm going to need to put a damper on. I'm not filling any holes until I do a burn.
Had myself a buddy and my number 2 son working on it.

He had a learning experience. He just turned 18 and is about to be out on his own. We had him all over the shop loking for a metal strecher. He was embarrassed and called us a bunch of dicks but was man enough to take a little teasing. 

Instead of useing one piece of angle to attach it to the trailer I used 2. More surface area to get a bead on.

This is a floor out of an old hog building. Going in the bottom of the fire box and in the bottom of the BBQ grill side.

Fire box

I have rods holding the grates so they are removable. If I want to hang stuff in here like to do sausage.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
Pretty ugly welds but if they hold they are good. I do believe they will hold.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version