FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

NEW Louisana Grills pellet grill/smoker

(1/6) > >>

Nate:
well folks, I had to update the pellet cooker!

this is the Louisiana Grills Champion series pellet grill/smoker. 

I believe they are only available from Costco right now (they are Canadian made, but at least its still north American.....)

there was probably 100+ lbs of packaging there.

Nate:
here are a few pics of around the unit

Nate:
here are a few pics with different size hotel pans.

you could get 2 shallow pans on the bottom rack in the main chamber, with use of 1 or 2 shelves on top of them. depending on the size pan, you could get a few of them in the vertical cabinet.

Nate:
so as I was assembling everything, here is what I observed.

1. the metal is not paper thin, but then again its not 1/4 steel

2. everything went together pretty easy

3. clear and concise instructions with pretty decent pics

4. for something made in Canada its pretty decent

oh and here is the bad news about these units!

I called to order the front shelf and the cover and was told that they do not even have them in stock yet and I cant pre-order them until they get them in stock.

the covers are supposed to be in by end of may/beg of june, and the front shelf is not supposed to be in until aug..............

not sure about that, but then again the young guy I was talking to didn't not know what he was talking about and said that I had to wait a minute while he looked it up.........SMFH

the covers are supposed to be around $80 and the front shelf is supposed to be around $100

Nate:
so I did not get the traditional inaugural fatty cooked today, but I did get the initial spray and burn in.

the temps are pretty even in the main chamber, and about the same in the other 2 cabinets. I did test this with about 8 oven thermometers through out.

I have a couple funerals to attend tomorrow, so it will have to be Friday or Saturday when I get the traditional inaugural fatty run through it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version