FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

Starting small fall garden.

(1/12) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
Been 35 + years since I tended gardens. It's time to get back into it. Thought I would start small. Most of my land is heavily wooded so I'll start where I have some sun. In the berm to the pond.

In texas we can plant in the fall too.

8x32 fully fenced to keep the critters out.

Using a 60/40 mix of top soil and mushroom compost

So dug the post holes and started putting soil in

Then started laying the soil out.

Then went to get the wood and fencing

Will get the structure erected tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawg25385:
I'm in! Looks like some good soil you brought in. You gonna irrigate from the pond?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
No. Im Going to run a water line for drip irrigation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilbur:
I'm jealous of you southern guys with a fall garden! Enjoy! Looks like a great start.

I will say I'm NOT jealous of your July temps! Ha. :)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Wilbur on September 05, 2015, 01:49:42 AM ---I'm jealous of you southern guys with a fall garden! Enjoy! Looks like a great start.

I will say I'm NOT jealous of your July temps! Ha. :)

--- End quote ---
Does any of us have it "Great"
I mean Red Neck here has a fall garden, but his summers are nearly unbearable. Sam has a short summer, and some weeks when it is so cold it is unsafe outdoors, but the other times he enjoys peace and quiet...and safety. JR has oppressive government but enjoys some great weather, some breathtaking scenery and a variety which is hard to duplicate. Ken has some really hot days and not a lot of trees, but he has wide open expanses that beg to be explored. I have very humid summers but winters which are not too awful bad and inexpensive land and other things.

Point is, I guess while I'm philosophizing, is that we all have some things we like and some we don't. Some things which are good, some which are not. I guess we choose which particular component of living is most important to us

or

we are married and we (are forced to) move to where she is from!

(Got cha!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version