FOOD CORNER > Farming, Gardening, and Raising Your Own Food

i need a tomato expert

<< < (2/2)

Bigdave_185:
Have you seen these tomato plants?
No soil, no water just these black boxes with tomato’s.   From what I have seen the employees are amazing growers.  Maybe ask them what they do to grow them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Nate, you may be on to something...

My grandmother would only water garden with rain water. They had catch buckets on all downspouts at farm.

So you were watering from a hose? City water then went received monsoon. Different water source and probably too much from monsoon.

wyorunner:
That tomato has signs of two things wrong, but only one I recognize, too much water. It appears like it has absorbed way to much water and it burst its skin then healed, which is the brown line you see.

The black holes, some kind of rot. Which I would think you’d see before it got to the tomato.

http://www.desperategardener.com/2011/07/tomato-tuesday-too-much-water-or-not.html?m=1

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/tell-tomato-plant-overwatered-20962.html

Pull the whole plant gently, add some gravel/sticks/straw underneath your soil.

You definitely have an over water problem. Give it a couple days without watering. Or longer if it rains.

CLEMON:
I would cut back on the watering and give it some fertilizer. not miraclegrow. that has too much nitorgen and will just produce more leaves. get some bonemeal from lowes. it has phosphorous which promotes growing tomatoes. mortgage lifters will sometime produce tomatoes like that. i think its due to inconsistent watering. if you arent going to eat it, cut it off. the plant will put it efforts into growing it instead of new ones.

also, looks like it might be calcium deficient, pick some up from lowes as well. trim the leaves that are resting against the ground.

TexasRedNeck:
You can also crush your eggshells up and scatter them around the plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version