Hello Guest

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 3359 times)

Offline duramaxdarren

• self proclaimed nice guy
  • Registered
  • hooper drives the boat chief
    • View Profile
Is it just me?
« on: July 15, 2015, 09:46:44 PM »
Small tiff today on the site...well not really a tiff more me saying hey!!. Picture this. working in a place in boston with brownstones that start at 4million. ya know for the dr's and such. nospeakatheenglish mason are redoing the brick. I got my van backed in there and the generator going (brand new outta the box for that job) since i had to redo the undrground. Jose and jose b are working away. i come out to see this monkey with the cut off saw slicing a brick down. retard has red brick dust flying everywhere. so i yell out and explain in my best spanish the following....hey what f is wrong wit you! look around..mercedes mercedes audi audi bmw! why no agua?!!! el stupido!!!
 Did i mention my window was down and that was nice to have the interior a  new color not to mention my brand new genny with dust all over it. so i shut down the genny and say sorry my generator my rules. get some agua ya dumbies.... keep in mind this took about thirty seconds and all he could say was ooooii....those were his words verbatum. so i ask is it me?

then in the same day i had and inspection on another job. happens alot with multiple things going on. i speak to the inspectors prior so they are always cool and they know my work, they just want someone there to let them in. i tell my customer the inspector will be there between 2 and 2:30. must have told and text him 4 times. get a text at 1:30 saying "waiting for inspector" so i reply " well thats good since he's gonna be there between 2and 2:30 like i told ya...silence for a minute....then his text "oh....ok. i reply " gotta read those texts and listen. hope ya got something to do for an hour....so i ask again. Is it me?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 11:00:15 PM by nmeyer414 »
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
Keep it up and you'll have to change that info under your name!! haha

Summer time....it just brings the stupid out of people.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 10:45:57 PM »
Thoughtless and insensitive.  They are just doing jobs that no one else will do.....for half the price
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline duramaxdarren

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:19:38 AM »
Sorry boys I let the day get to me. Normally I walk past that stuff and rant in my own head. Bad place to post it. I forget this a public place. My bad. Won't happen again. Must have been that Burger King food I had, who knows what they put in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:27:45 AM »
Darren I've got two friends who do work on those types of places in Boston. I am constantly amazed at some of the stupid stuff they have to put up with. It is amazing. But they charge accordingly.

Offline duramaxdarren

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 07:26:59 AM »
It's a tough spot. Close proximity working conditions. Hot past couples days so frustration sets in. Don't worry guys I took my pills

07 gmc crew lbz

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:31 AM »
It is not just you.  I just walked my job and found the ceiling guy didn't do what I asked.  There are valve marker tags mounted to the ceiling grid to show HVAC valve locations.  We are replacing the ceiling and I told him and showed him how to mark the floor and keep the tags.  he threw them away with the old grid and said "my bad".  Luckily, I only have to replace the tags.  I caught it in time to see the valves and mark them.  Many people do what is easy for them, not what is right or what they are instructed to do.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:29:58 AM »
Sort of a CIEMR here:

Darren,

It's not just you

It's much larger a problem than you might imagine, a compound problem I believe.
First intelligence levels has really come down over the past 10-15 years and the slip started becoming obvious maybe in the 80's

Education and PC through some very deceptive social engineering is at fault here. PC will not allow for the concept of failure, and public education is held captive by an ever increasing stranglehold of the PC crowd, the liberals.

Note: Whoever is driving this train, oddly enough are not liberals. Those "whoevers" create and fertilize liberals much the same as the Nazi regime did in the 30's and 40's. Even they called them useful idiots, which they are indeed. Liberals are brainwashed into actually believing themselves and some ridiculous lie instead of the facts logically laid out in front of them. By definition a liberal may well be mentally ill.

A good example of this is in my boy's church camp they attended this year. Published in the brochure was a statement, "Everybody gets a trophy."

Why is that? How about just the top three kids in each category? Are we afraid to introduce our kids to the concept of failure? I say, a resounding, "YES WE ARE!" Just like there is little to no punishment. Spare the rod and spoil the child is an out-modded, and in some places illegal concept. Well, it's biblical and it's the right thing to do when there are responsible and thinking parents at the helm. Not the type who are divorcing every year and drinking, using drugs, listening to rapper music, drinking and sitting around out of shape slobs. Unfortunately for our kids the earlier sentence applies to what some statistics suggest runs in the high seventy percentile range!

Those parents demonstrate zero self control and their kids learn from what they see, and then public systems make excuses for all that. Remember that quite a few of the people working in those public systems are liberals and therefore, what sort of judgment do you think is given in all those millions of decisions being made over these stupid and nearly worthless people?

No what you are witnessing is a slip of society. A fundamental encroachment of laziness and a lack of courage to face life. It is everywhere and it is placated and reinforced by handouts and life made easy. Can't get ahead? Well, just get into crime. If you don't get caught then you get easy and quick rewards. If you do get caught you get understanding, compassion, and free programs that will reeducate you, pay you and feed you while you learn your new trade, to become a neuro surgeon and when the criminal returns to crime, well there are follow on programs.

Check yourself. Is this piece here difficult to read? Difficult to understand? Have you seen most of the words I have used before? Do you understand what they mean? Well, I am not writing at some graduate level here. All of this is a bit more than basic stuff. I write it this way so as to convey my message and keep it simple. But some constructs, you see are rather complex. And complexity demands an increased level of precision, and conveyance that only a more advance litany can convey.

Back to the discussion.

The police, of course want to put bullet holes into these deserving people, but the police themselves will be jailed and shown to be the awful hate filled bullies they are if they so much as offend the worthless crook. Personally we "Normal" citizens ought to work with the police. For example, if we see them shoot a worthless derelict career criminal, we should offer to clean up the mess, take the body to the dog food processing plant and offer the officer some sweet tea, but we as Americans have become pussies, well most of us.

What you see, Darren, is a host of stupid people who really didn't think about the red dust lofting all over the doctors M-Class sedans. They didn't realize that by doing that and creating a bunch of noise and throwing their taco bell refuse all over the street around those houses, that those people would see to it, albeit, quietly, that those illegal workers were removed and the managers of same be fired and sent packing.

But when you are not raised right, when you have no sense of right and wrong, when you don't care about really working, just getting paid, when there is no reward and no accountability, then you get morons by the boat load infesting your neighborhood, lives, roads, workplace, jails, in some cases churches, and in the middle of the night your living room through the window they just jimmied!

You can't fix it all. You can just fix the world around you if you have courage. Some social engineering savvy group somewhere wanted things this way. Keep the minions dumbed down and they are easily controlled. But put them in contact with thinking people and you's gonna have friction. People have been made to actually believe that owning guns make us unsafe! That is in your face madness, but people actually fervently believe it! What can you do about it you ask?

Well, I heard valium can help. Yoga, long walks on the beach, although watch out for the El Salvadorian gang members smoking their weed just past the rocks there. Earth quakes can help...The kind that submerge continents, meteor strikes, Large volcanic eruptions, nuclear strikes and the second coming of Jesus all help. But in the mean time, you just have to stand strong and say that even if everything around you is wrong, it will not be allowed to enter your door, your life or those of your family.

That's why we are here. That's why this site is successful. For the meantime strong men don't have to be islands. You can reach out to me in the tucky for help. I. in turn will call on Texas and Washington, and California, and we will join with you in some cases. And we will be here to act as a sounding board when you have a feeling like "Is it just me, or...?"

Stay frosty, Soldier on
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:53:05 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 01:01:19 PM »
What Don said ^^^ Absolutely!!!

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
Great rant ... but I think this means Don just DOT'd up Darren's thread!  Made me laugh a little. :)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »
So not just me then either. And the CIEMR is the EXACT place for this.  I might have even taken it a little further considering I hablo, but hey you didn't hit any one with lineman's pliers or throw their saw in the street, so I'd call this a justified win. 

Nice commentary Don.  At the boy scout camp I worked at in high school they still have losers so there is at least one place for now, or at least until newlyweds Harry and Jerry decide it needs more compassion and understanding. 
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 03:26:24 PM »
Upon listening to the news conference regarding the tragic shooting in Chattenooga today, and the repetitively STUPID questions asked by reporters; all of your observations are confirmed in the lives  of today's adults!

"Lower the bar till they all get across" mentality has created a subclass of educationally induced retardation, where NOBODY calls individuals on their STUPIDITY!  I may have to bide my remaining 4 years in education using the Southern method of acknowledging stupidity, using the phrase, "bless your heart" with my students and faculty alike!

Hope y'all find a similar means of aknowleding IDIOTS somewhere between a smack upside the head and a Bill Engvall "here's your sign" remark!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
I'm now old enough that I can just point it right out. Most people don't know what happened anyway, and some respect my age. If not that, then my size!

A good verbal a$$ whoopin can straighten a man right up...if he has the brains to know he just took a lickin'

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »
Which many can't do.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
 :o

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »

I may have to bide my remaining 4 years in education using the Southern method of acknowledging stupidity, using the phrase, "bless your heart"

Only works with the correct accent.  I'm with Don, at my age, I just tell em like it is.  It usually starts with "not to bright are you boy?" (remember Foghorn Leghorn?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »
Redneck, where I teach, me wearing a Championship Belt Buckle, often CB Boots and always carrying a pocket knife- they ALL think I'm a Red-neck already!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 10:42:13 PM »
Redneck, where I teach, me wearing a Championship Belt Buckle, often CB Boots and always carrying a pocket knife- they ALL think I'm a Red-neck already!
Yep, none of that fits up there in the Chicago!

Offline duramaxdarren

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 09:37:22 PM »
ok, time for another installment of Is It Me?

So as the weather up in my area improves thus does the reason for everybody at their uncle to "Head North" ....now not only does this phrase enrage me the actuality of it is even worse. The amount of traffic caused by these weekend warriors is appalling. Going north.. headed up north, is unreal... never does anyone say a destination. its always to sit around and drink. do that stuff at home. i also get very angry with the new hampshire boarder jumpers. They live in new hampshire and all commute to work in mass. it adds so much traffic. going to and coming home for me. they all say its cheaper up there. right...right. i have had lengthy talks and broke down the costs they feel the are getting ahead. between fuel cost and property tax they pay along with loss time in gridlock they are no further along. they do add a nightmare of highway congestion. my feeling is "live in mass, work in mass, live in NH stay the heck up there. Is it me and my area or does this happen to guys elsewhere?
07 gmc crew lbz

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 09:45:29 PM »
Traffic here getting in and out of Seattle is a nightmare... Getting worse too. I commute into the city, but take the train so at least I'm not contributing to the traffic most of the time.

And "going south" on a Friday... Forget it. Freeway is a parking lot.

I feel ya brother

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 10:47:11 PM »
Is it me and my area or does this happen to guys elsewhere?

No happens around my area as well. Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois seems to flow up around here, traffic increases exponentially, top that off with the normal traffic due to everyone getting off and hitting the highways at the same time, in construction zones.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:48:52 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »
Your just a mass-hole darren, so its just you.......;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:16:54 AM »
Well you boyz need to move to the Kentucky, Northern Kentucky, that is...Cincinnati area. Urban without the urban mostly. Some traffic but same all the time.

I once asked a wealthy man "What do you like the most about Cincinnati?" He answered, "Well, no one ever comes to visit."

True. We don't have the Cincinnati 500, or the Cincinnati bikers week, or a big beach with thousands of condos. No college kids come here in the spring break time, we never have a million man march, or even a few hundred for that matter. Unfortunately Obummer stops by and messes with traffic, but by and large we have a major metropolitan center devoid of the junk. Just great parks, a museum, water park, a world class amusement park, the Reds, the Bengals, UC and UK Basketball, the Ohio river, lakes and waterways, a national aquarium, cool restored towns with outdoor cafes, lots of employment, reasonable prices, and a lot of Christian folks.

Our festivals are "Tall Stacks," Taste of Cincinnati, October fest, The Pig fest, River Run and a bevy of events like that, of which you have never heard because we are happy to host the local population. We really don't have a bunch of visitors and that my burly friends is just fine with us!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal