Hello Guest

Author Topic: Islam and Christianity  (Read 393 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Islam and Christianity
« on: July 17, 2015, 05:21:13 PM »
So for a long time I have been trying to learn about why Islam has so many suicide attacks on other religions. We all know (sadly) the roll call of attacks that stretch back over how many years (centuries! Look how/where Marines got their Leatherneck name!). So I have read a lot of the Koran and tried to see what is in that text that incites so many to do horrific things in the name of their religion. And sadly every time I mention some of the stuff that I have found (to Christians) I am met with the "Well Christians have the Old Testament with the 'eye for an eye'" kind of nonsense. So I want to rant about a few things I have learned.

Islam is the only religion I am aware of that actually codifies in its holy book (if you want to call it that) how to rape women, how to beat women, how to engage in polygamy, how to keep slaves, that Muslims should force non-believers to do one of three things: convert to Islam, die or pay a tax, how to lie and how to steal. All these things are done in the name of Islam.

For the nonsensical argument that the Old Testament has similar (but not as extreme) harsh things I always respond that I am not Jewish and what sets Christians apart is that we have the NEW TESTAMENT. I also try to ask....so you have one faith that is routinely doing exactly what its founder called for (Islam) and with that comes attacks, murders, suicide bombings, raping and all manner of horrific attacks on others. With the other religion, if its adherents followed the letter of rule by its founder (Jesus) we would see people "turning the other cheek", "treating our enemies as ourselves" and more. WHICH religion would be the one to inspire peace and tranquility throughout the world? Hint: It is NOT Islam.   

Plus I am so f'n sick of politicians and others continue to perpetuate the LIE that Islam is the religion of peace. It is NOT a religion of peace. It is a religion of hate filled attacks on anyone who is a non-believer and sadly also attacks on others within its own religion. The Koran ultimately is a book of Hate Speech, politicians platitudes notwithstanding. The fact is the Christian Bible is just NOT a similar document. Reading through the list of what Muslim believers are asked to do is chilling in some ways because it really reveals the depths of hatred that Muslims must have to Christians if they are to believe. As Don stated in his post about all the anti-American Muslim organizations in the US: "Know your enemy."

In my wanderings I found a great website that not only provides contextual comment for the vile things that Islam asks its adherents to do. But it also keeps track of all Islamic attacks. Not only do they keep track of them, they provide the numbers of how many are wounded, how many are killed etc. It is quite literally chilling to realize how many of these attacks occur daily around the world that the press just never ever discusses.

Here are the numbers as of today:

# of attacks SINCE 9/11 (not the # of dead, or wounded, the number of ATTACKS!): 26,424 (yes....that is 5 a day....1908 a year....for (almost) 14 years straight!)

Weekly attacks (7/4 - 7/10):
Attacks: 65
Allah Akbars: 16 (suicide attacks)
Dead: 512
Critically Injured: 580

June 2015 monthly attacks
Jihad attacks: 262
Countries: 29
Allah Akbars: 48
Dead Bodies: 2426
Critically injured: 2582

I really recommend this website and use it a lot when someone tells me I need to learn about the peaceful religion of Islam.

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal