VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Considering SAS for the LBZ

(1/2) > >>

JR:
OK, so I have my 06 LBZ that I am going to lift. Runs great with 120k on the clock. Have a complete Cognito 4-6 lift ready to bolt on, but other projects have priority for the short term. I have been adding up what I have invested in the lift and the normal issues with the GM IFS when lifted or not and all those parts that need upgrading or replacing all the time.

With all that in mind, doing and SAS doesn't sound all that bad for what I get from it. I figure with what I have spent on the lift so far, I may have been able to pay for the SAS already.

I am thinking rugged, not a rock crawling monster. Simple leafs, cross over steering and its done. HP Dana 60s are not hard to find, but not cheap either and then you build them up some. I have read some issues with getting the ABS to work, but that is about the worst.

I can make it up myself, but kits are there too.  Many seem to want to do 3 or 4 links with coil-overs but that seems extreme and gets $$$ for the right COs.

I see 3 ales as a choice while I go over this. A regular Dana 60 from a Dodge, a HP ford Dana 60 or a Super 60 (4 inch tubes) or even a AAM 9.5.

Don has a nice 60 ready for CMax, but not sure if he is still going there.

Thoughts??

KensAuto:
Sounds great, but also sounds like a bunch of work considering what you use your truck for.

...better have a bag of morphine to hang on the fender when you start that project.....just set it on a slow drip!

JR:
Thats why I am up in the air still. Sounds good, and would look cool but do I really need it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

stlaser:
I like the idea but would use someone's well engineered kit if there is one. Problem doing it yourself with home brew is you will probably have twice the initial headaches and more money spent in the end than you intended, kit cuts to the chase so to speak imo. I've done things both ways in the past and kits are normally easier if they are well designed. 

--- Quote from: JR on November 06, 2015, 03:44:09 PM ---Thats why I am up in the air still. Sounds good, and would look cool but do I really need it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

--- End quote ---

JR:
I have no problem with a kit, found a few but none grab me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version