VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Considering SAS for the LBZ

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:
I purchased the whole setup from WFO Concepts. Beau over there pieced together a super kit using a single arm like on the 1st get broncos. I purchased a coil spring for a Cummins Dodge with a 7" lift as a starting point and thought I'd just dive in from there.

Might still do it, but the IFS is working well. THing is I think I just wore out the 3rd set of ball joints in just 50,000 miles!

That and the fact that last time I bet I was days from one of those ball joints failing. It had like 1/2" play in it and it didn't have many miles on it.

Beau and I couldn't figure out the anti lock brake thing and that is THE ONLY reason my D-Max didn't get a SAS two years ago.

I have that axle all painted up and sitting there with the best of everything all over it, thanks to Tater and Yukon gear.

If I could solve for the anti lock brake problem and in my case getting a front hub to 8 on 180mm, or just swap out the rear hubs to 8 on 6.5, I believe I would pull the trigger and do it.

JR:
On the ABS, don't they all use the same signal? I mean the wheel turns or not and that is all the sensor reads?

I know that coil overs or just coils would yield the best ride (next to IFS) but leafs work just fine. I didn't get a truck for the ride. I used to go through huge dips in my old 77 at speeds that scared people.

Redrilled hubs are easy

JR:
http://www.fabworxoffroad.com/1023752-straight-axle-conversion/

Bigdave_185:
Check out plan B fab.  They make some great set ups with the abs figured out already.

JR:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on November 09, 2015, 11:55:31 AM ---Check out plan B fab.  They make some great set ups with the abs figured out already.

--- End quote ---

THX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version