PERSONAL READINESS > Soldier Up

Winded and tired

(1/5) > >>

Higher Caliber:
So I had a hot call today, physical domestic bum beating up on his crackhead girlfriend, the usual. The apartment is above some businesses downtown. Stairway of death heads up to it, loud and creaky, up two stories with walls on both side of me. It's a tactical nightmare but I digress. The only good way to handle it is a quick sprint up the steps, peak through the window and bust through to the hallway, cover to your right, reassess and continue mission.

I shot up the stairs and posted up. Found myself short of breath. Generally isn't a thing for me. Guess I have been spending too much time under the barbells.... As soon as I got off work, I stripped my gear and donned my weighted vest. 2.2 miles in 22 mins with 22lb vest.... (22 a day).

Smoked me! Time for a re-evaluation of my  fitness level and to re-focus on getting my own body moving...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
I had a round bale fall off the trailer in the middle of the road pulling out of the field. I had to Sprint 100 yards to get to the payloader to move it before someone came flying over the hill and hit it. Lets just say if zombies were chasing me I would be gone. I was light headed and my ears were ringing. I thought I was going to black out.

BobbyB:
I've been focusing more on getting the body moving instead of picking things up and putting them down. I feels your pain.

moto123:
I also agree that doing some cardio can only help.  I feel that I'm in pretty good shape considering I spend 40 to 50 hours a week sitting in a cube.  But yesterday my son was really excited to go sledding the first time this year.  I didn't make it nearly as far as he did.  I was out of breath and he was still running up the hill.  Guess I also need to put more effort toward being in shape.

Atkinsmatt:
As do I.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version