WEAPONS > Ammo & Reloading

Enjoying my Christmas present from the wife.

(1/3) > >>

KeithB:
It might not be a new weapon but it was just what I wanted, reloading equipment.
A Lee load master with 9mm, .45, .223 and .308 dies and some other accessories, case feeders and some case prep tools.

I built the bench while I was off work recovering after a surgical blunder and a bad case of staph infection. But that has healed after 8 weeks of IV antibiotics.

So while waiting on my powder order I figured I would start some case prep on all the brass I have saved. I'm on my last 100 of .308, depriming so I can trim cases and get rid on the crimped primer pockets on the mil spec brass. But I he time the powder gets here I'll be ready to start to work up a load for the Remy. Then some bulk loading of 9 mm, .45 and .223.

Since I'm just starting to reload any advice is welcome.

KensAuto:
It looks like you're setup to use a powder drop? If so, be sure to use a scale to double check the amount that's dropped. For my hunting rounds, I check each round after doing a box (20). It adds an extra step, but it's the only way to make them perfectly the same.

rasimmo:
I really like the work station. I need to put something together like that to organize some of my junk.

KeithB:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on December 27, 2015, 10:50:27 AM ---It looks like you're setup to use a powder drop? If so, be sure to use a scale to double check the amount that's dropped. For my hunting rounds, I check each round after doing a box (20). It adds an extra step, but it's the only way to make them perfectly the same.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the advice Ken, I will do that on the bulk loading.
I plan on batch loading for the .308 and use a funnel and scale all powder to work up the load.

KeithB:

--- Quote from: rasimmo on December 27, 2015, 12:15:49 PM ---I really like the work station. I need to put something together like that to organize some of my junk.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it drives me nuts when things are out of order.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version