Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Colorado  (Read 5743 times)

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
Hello from Colorado
« on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:03 PM »
Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is Steve and I was invited to this site by Nate whom I know from another site that I won't mention here. It looks as though I know a few more here from the same place. To avoid sounding like I'm trying to find a mate on match.com or something I'll make it short and sweet. I'm a 44 year old veteran of  the alcohol and drug wars...retired 8 years this past November.  ;D Thanks to the limitless power of God I can now say I'm just a regular Joe.
I registered when Don first put it up. Wow!  So nice to see like minded men who aren't afraid to speak and share with each other about God and things that actually matter. If anyone would like to reach out for help in the addiction arena (yourself or someone you may know), I would be glad to offer my services (His service, I'm just a vessel).  Be prepared to hear a whole bunch about God and the Bible when you do! ! :) 
I Hunt and fish every spare moment that I have.
I am currently thinking about starting a waterfowl guide service with my son that would be offered free of charge to addicts. My favorite moments are spent high in the Rockies testing my survival skills with as little gear as possible.
Thank you to all involved for a place to share! I hope to learn....learn...learn more about you and Him!
(Wow,that was almost as long winded as Don!)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Colorado
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:58:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum Steve. 

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 11:24:36 PM »
Welcome! Jump right in and make yourself at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »
steve,

it is a refresher to see that you are still around and hopefully doing well.  there are a few of us that have pretty much left DF because of the garbage that was being spread over there.  please feel free to share with us whatever you feel comfortable with.  if there is anything that we can be of assistance with, please let us know and we will see what we can assist with.

no hip x-ray sharing required.............;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 11:58:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum fellow Coloradoan! Yeah we don't speak of that other place on here. But I believe I still hold the record for number of times banned in one day. Although come to think of it I now realize Don is or has tried to break that number with me here?!? Now it's all coming together. Anyhow glad we could add another new face.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 12:02:30 AM »
Welcome Steve!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 01:57:38 AM »
Welcome Steve.

Retired 8 years and 44?

I would sure like to be at least 1 state east of here if not more or south a little too. Kali used to be great!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I don't blame anyone for not mentioning that other site, every time I got on there my testosterone level hit the roof foe some reason? ?
Lol.
JR - just retired the drunk that lived in my body, I still work when I need to. The beef industry treated me well and God handled the rest in spite of my path of self destruction. I came from the beef industry on the commodity side. My specialty was selling dead animal parts;)

Good to see you too Nate... I'm very comfortable sharing every detail of my life. Today I am very clear on why I'm here on this planet...to share my experience with others so they may see that they are not alone and there is a way out of the prison of addiction. I'm not the perfect born again Christian by any stretch but I have learned no matter my failures God has not ever turned His back on me. Quite the opposite in fact."Footprints in the sand"!
I'm sure you military guys understand better than any civi that I'm going to do my best to save as many as I can on my way out!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:53:19 AM by Dmaxlovr »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 08:07:57 AM »
Steve. Great to see you on the site here. Thanks for sharing. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
Stevil-Kenevil!
Without the Evil

Welcome fellow warrior for God!

But for now, I'm placing you in knucklehead status for the "long winded Don" comment!

Ask anyone here...I fire everyone for messin' with me, since I'm such a sensitive guy an' all...

Hey BTW, I know Billy _____, Can't remember his last name. A hardcore biker/enforcer/drugger turned, well, set on fire for Jesus. He is a pastor now, who started and runs the "Hope over Heroin program.

I'll intro you if you ever show up here on a Friday night to go to church with me!

But above all, remember

we're watchin' ya

Me, always with an eye to fire ya'

Those other, low crawlin' back peddlin' side steppin', no good, good for nothin's, side winders will try to turn ya. Resist em and we'll be fine

Don't... and you'll end up like Ken or worst yet, Shawn!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:22:14 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »
Stev-O !! You'll fit in just fine.

Glad to see you here, and everything Nate says goes for me as well...especially the x-ray part!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 10:03:42 AM »
Rest assured Don that you will not see any shenanigans out of me that remotely resemble the behavior of this "Ken doll" that I see on here....and Isee he is a moderator?? Beginning to question your judgement, but not my business. Ill not let one mistake tarnish my opinion of you. HeeHee! I'm going to like it here I can feel it!

And yes, I agree...no need for the x-ray today.....but?? Be nice to me or I will refresh whatever may have faded in your memory from that image ken!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 10:26:33 AM »
Welcome.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »
Welcome. Glad you made the move.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2015, 11:09:32 AM »
"Ken doll"

Lol, knew I'd like this guy...... ;D
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 11:32:55 AM »
Shots fired! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 11:39:13 AM »

Good to see you also neck! Would like to share about extreme cold weather survival for those who are intrested. It's perfect temps for that here(-15 to +15 in mtns). My son and I are going to do an overnighter here in the next few days as he is on break from college. I'll do some video and  show you warm weather folks how we have fun up here. Hardwater fishing will be apart of it. I'll try put it in the cloud storage suggested.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:08:17 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 11:42:12 AM »
Shots fired! :D

And I bet he missed the deer in his av!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:08:30 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 11:44:09 AM »
Steve, I think we all had a time when we were not at our best. I was on a very bad road when I was in my 20's that I rarely mention.

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dmaxlovr

• Registered
  • Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »
I agree JR...some of us wake up and see the train coming and others (me) have a lust for the flesh that cannot be quenched phisically. We are spiritual beings trapped in the human condition. Galatians 5 16-26 tells us that the two cannot coexist.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »
Belated welcome and Happy New Year and happy you're here Steve!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »
I agree JR...some of us wake up and see the train coming and others (me) have a lust for the flesh that cannot be quenched phisically. We are spiritual beings trapped in the human condition. Galatians 5 16-26 tells us that the two cannot coexist.
Added it for those (like me) who are too doggone lazy to look it up!

Galatians 5:16-26New International Version (NIV)

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2016, 03:25:44 PM »
Thanks Don.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2016, 11:00:13 AM »

Good to see you also neck! Would like to share about extreme cold weather survival for those who are intrested. It's perfect temps for that here(-15 to +15 in mtns). My son and I are going to do an overnighter here in the next few days as he is on break from college. I'll do some video and  show you warm weather folks how we have fun up here. Hardwater fishing will be apart of it. I'll try put it in the cloud storage suggested.

Great to have you here Steve. Pretty sure the vast majority of us here are DF converts;-) I'm very interested in seeing some of that cold weather action. Used to teach the wilderness survival and Emergency preparedness merit badges at the scout camp and I love reading up on the subject often.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal