GENERAL TOPICS > Coffee Induced Early Morning Rant

equipment turn in

(1/2) > >>

Nate:
so tomorrow, Nate here gets to go to C.I.F. (central issue facility / where all personal equipment is issued to soldiers)!  as it is right now, I am looking at walking out of there owing somewhere close to/if not under $400.  I truly lost the groin protector that goes with my ballistic body armor (the thing is garbage to begin with!), and I have decided to keep my 3 layer system sleeping bag and my entrenching tool with carrier.

my sleeping bag was issued to me brand spankin new.  so in the years that I have used/owned it, I know exactly how it has been taken care of/maintained.  if I was to buy the complete system brand new on the civilian market, it would cost me up to $600.  I will get if for something like $300 (like I said, it was issued to me brand new and I know how it was taken care of!)

the other thing I am keeping in my entrenching tool.  this again was something that was issued brand new (brown cardboard box with e-tool in a plastic bag covered in cosmoline) and I know how it has been taken care of over the years that I have used/owned it.

now, lets not get crazy here.  Nate has also secured other things that are already put together as a kit for outdoor use. 

Atkinsmatt:
Good luck.  You know the deal after all the years.

cudakidd53:
Excited for you Nate- closing one chapter of life so you can go write a new book!  Best of luck......I'm sure some PFC could be talked out of their groin protector though......️

Nate:
I got really lucky yesterday, and got out very cheap.

stlaser:
Bonus!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version