Hello Guest

Author Topic: How many different ways can a liberal deprive you of your rights  (Read 604 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How many different ways can a liberal deprive you of your rights
« on: February 10, 2016, 09:54:39 PM »
Many of you may know that I make my living in that sexy, macho, testosterone fueled world of the Fortune 100 insurance industry.  (sarcasm)

If you think that all the assaults on your rights are frontal then I want you to read this.

Several states are now moving to require gun owners to buy liability insurance on their weapons and at least one is considering a tax on firearms that would fund victims of gun violence programs.

Make no mistake about it, adding a financial hurdle in front of a person's right to exercise their 2A right is no different than a poll tax to discourage voting.  This is yet another tactic of the left to encumber the rights of the law abiding to reduce legal gun ownership while not doing a damn thing to enforce the multitude of laws already on the books and broken by felons with guns routinely.  I encourage you to make your voice heard with your state legislators if you live in one of these communist states.

FROM BUSINESS INSURANCE
Appetite for gun insurance grows, with proposals in 4 states
•   
•   
•   
•   
•   
•   
by Lyle Adriano | Feb 10, 2016
Hawaii, New Hampshire, New York, and Los Angeles are all considering mandatory gun liability insurance for gun owners. Should the four states manage to implement the legislation, violators could face fines of up to $10,000.

The gun liability insurance measures are similar to a provision in a bill proposed last year in Congress by Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-New York. Maloney’s “Firearm Risk Protection Act” would require individuals to secure proof of liability insurance before they can purchase a firearm; failure to produce proof would result in a fine.

Hawaii’s proposal is very similar to Maloney’s bill, in that gun owners are required to have insurance for their firearms. The bill, proposed by State Sen. Josh Green, also requires gun owners to renew their registration every five years. The state currently requires guns to be registered, but the registration process is only done once and never again.

Rep. Katherine Rogers, D-Merrimack proposed an identical bill for the state of New Hampshire, requiring the seller, purchaser, and owner of a gun to be covered by a liability policy. The bill also has the same proposed fine of $10,000 for those gun owners caught without insurance.

In New York, the proposed legislation would require gun owners to maintain $250,000 in liability insurance coverage.

Los Angeles County officials are deliberating on whether they should implement more stringent gun control regulations. On top of an insurance requirement, the county is considering imposing local tax on firearms. Purportedly, the proceeds from the insurance would offset costs associated with victims of gun violence.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal